The Fantasyland That Never Was

Turtle

Original Poster
I just read an article that included concept art about what was cut from the Fantasyland Expansion. It was going to be a Wonderland section replacing the Speedway similar to Belle's Village, and Storybook Circus replacing the speedway and would've been the gate to new fantasyland. It would've included refurbed tea party, a dark ride, a re-themed barnstormer, and a new quick-service restaurant. Thoughts? http://************.com/archives/10398

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just read an article that included concept art about what was cut from the Fantasyland Expansion. It was going to be a Wonderland section replacing the Speedway similar to Belle's Village, and Storybook Circus replacing the speedway and would've been the gate to new fantasyland. It would've included refurbed tea party, a dark ride, a re-themed barnstormer, and a new quick-service restaurant. Thoughts? http://************.com/archives/10398

The site got blocked, can you give a hint where you found this?

WDWBryan

It would be nice if they would at least replace the roof, build that arch and spruce up the transition from tomorrow to fantasy

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't tea party scheduled to get a new roof next year? Maybe more if this is actually happening?

It's interesting that some of the latest concept art of the expansion still shows the a roof on the Mad Tea Party that matches the one in the concept art in that article:

Fantasyland_Full_12619.jpg

WEDway1975

Here's what the article said about the Wonderland area.

"Now for some “New Fantasyland that never was”… An Alice in Wonderland area was envisioned at one point, including a new entrance to Fantasyland and a new fancy roof for the Mad Tea Party"
"You can see the Barnstormer in the background, perhaps re-themed to the Caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. Also, notice guests sitting and dining in large tea cups."

jharvey

Do you have kids?

I do. It is a tremendous waste of space and time. Re-package it and move to another park. Just spit-ballin, I dont know, maybe a Cars Themed area in, I dont know....... Hollywood Studios.

But honestly, as a whole, I am rooting for a gas leak caused explosion in Tomorrowland (when the park is closed of course). Very little in that land is redeemable, and what is should be refurbed to death.

spacemt354

Chili's
I do. It is a tremendous waste of space and time. Re-package it and move to another park. Just spit-ballin, I dont know, maybe a Cars Themed area in, I dont know....... Hollywood Studios.

But honestly, as a whole, I am rooting for a gas leak caused explosion in Tomorrowland (when the park is closed of course). Very little in that land is redeemable, and what is should be refurbed to death.

If it is such a waste of space and time, then why even bother moving it to another park? It can't be that much of a waste if you are considering placing it in DHS.

And "rooting for a gas leak explosion?" Kinda harsh, even if the park is closed.

Just because you don't like the ride, doesn't really mean anything in the large scale of things. Many families enjoy the speedway, and I hope one day I can take my kids on the speedway too.

wedenterprises

Ripping out the raceway doesn't mean losing a similar style attraction. It's just a waste of space. Doesn't mean the ride is poor. You could have a car track AND multiple other things.

Perhaps DHS is a better place for a car track anyways. Your kids are chasing the bad guy in a cops n robbers film. Boom, done.

wedenterprises

If it is such a waste of space and time, then why even bother moving it to another park? It can't be that much of a waste if you are considering placing it in DHS.

And "rooting for a gas leak explosion?" Kinda harsh, even if the park is closed.

Just because you don't like the ride, doesn't really mean anything in the large scale of things. Many families enjoy the speedway, and I hope one day I can take my kids on the speedway too.

I enjoy go karts (but the speedway is full of exhaust, kids ramming into you) but my complaint about the ride is the space it takes up, the smell, and the noise. All combined. Mostly the space.

jharvey

You failed to pick up what I was saying. it was partially in jest. But I was alluding to the rumored carsland in hollywood studios. I personally thought I was being fairly obvious.

And as far as the gas leak goes, again it was in jest. My point was, it could use a total revamp. But with money being tight for TDO, I was joking that the only way for a change would be a "gas leak". An extreme next step in the evolution that was the Tiki Bird refurb

spacemt354

Chili's
You failed to pick up what I was saying. it was partially in jest. But I was alluding to the rumored carsland in hollywood studios. I personally thought I was being fairly obvious.

And as far as the gas leak goes, again it was in jest. My point was, it could use a total revamp. But with money being tight for TDO, I was joking that the only way for a change would be a "gas leak". An extreme next step in the evolution that was the Tiki Bird refurb

Your jest was not clear.

If you are suggesting the speedway be moved to the rumored Carsland, wouldn't that just be another "waste of space and time" as you said in your own words? How does moving it to another park solve that issue?

jharvey

Your jest was not clear.

If you are suggesting the speedway be moved to the rumored Carsland, wouldn't that just be another "waste of space and time" as you said in your own words? How does moving it to another park solve that issue?

Try following me on this. I am advocating carsland in DHS above all else in that post. If, by some miracle, they can find the money to replace the speedway, well hot darn they should. That is all I am saying. I promise you, from now on, if I see you lurking over a thread I will be painfully specific and literal.

lazyboy97o

I find it interesting that this art was shown at Disneyland. Has any Fantasyland concept, but not to be realized, art been displayed at Walt Disney World?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom