The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

JackSkellington

Alien will be missed by all who rode it, those who didn't, and the weaklings who passed out on it. We bid the a moment of silence.................. Ok now on to the new ride. Stitch will probably be for the younger audiences, so strap on your harness/belt off to SM.

DarkMeasures

I remember the lines from when it first opened....

Oh how the line shrunk. But I loved it... It was a really fun attraction and I enjoyed how each preshow lead to the actual show and it built up everything.

Alien Encounter was a true masterpiece. Hopefully, one day a super version of it will open... I don't care what Disney, I want it to be returned....

Tim G

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Now a past attraction:cry: , what were all your thoughts and feelings on it? Feel free to post them here.

All I have to say is this.

BEST ATTRACTION EVER
Great visual and sound effects... :cool:

Bye, bye Skippy :cry:, Hello Stitch! :D

andre85

Does anyone know where I can find a video of Alien Encounter? I tried searching this forum, but found nothing but dead links and Real Player videos (which to me, are dead links). Thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Andre - if you can get onto Disney Central IRC there are a few there. Be warned - a lot of the atraction is (obviously) dark so it wasn`t the best to video (even my DV home video with wide open appature didn`t see THAT much.

dxwwf3

Well I just happened to stumble upon the Past Attraction forums and there couldn't be an AE thread without me :lol:

I have to agree with NemoRocks. I think AE was the SINGLE BEST THEME PARK ATTRACTION EVER, BAR NONE! I think it had the best story, the best preshows, the best effects, and the best overall atmosphere. Nothing else will come close to me.

And no AE will never die. It will live on in my heart (yes that was sappy and it was ment to be :animwink: ) and it will live on on my hard drive where I can watch it anytime I want to (most of the time about 3 or 4 times a day). Sure it DEFINATELY isn't the same because AE was an experience more than just an ordinary show. But yes watching it on my computer is better than nothing at all.

We'll have to wait and see how SGE turns out. If it's good than good the rest of you guys can enjoy it. If it sucks, however, my butt will be in City Hall everyday of our vacation and I'll make sure at least a few CM's will know what kind of mistake management made :fork:

And for the record it will be easy to find me in the MK from now on. I will never enter those gates again without an Alien Encounter shirt on. And again if SGE does suck make sure to say hi to me at City Hall :lol:

MadameCheshire

:(

I miss AE. It was the first ride I burst out into tears on because I was soo terrified (I was 7 or something)

However, now I think it was one of the better rides at MK.

:(

candihearts

i've read so much about this attraction and i was excited to go on it when we go to disney world but found out it's closed i love stitch but this one looked cool and scarry (plus my dad said it would've been his favorite one to go on too) ~ candi~

DarkMeasures

I decided to ride AE one last time (knowing of its closure) instead of visiting my brother in collage last year. I think it was a good decision, but I am sad too.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I decided to ride AE one last time (knowing of its closure) instead of visiting my brother in collage last year. I think it was a good decision, but I am sad too.

Now THAT is dedication. And yes you did make the right choice :lol: If I had been able I would've driven down to WDW for the last day. But I also couldn't have missed a home Tennessee Vols football game either. And since we lost the game AND I lost AE on the same day, that day was DEFINATELY the worst day of my life :cry:

But at least AE will live on in everyone's.....hard drives :)

Originally posted by DarkMeasures

Sounds alittle cold, but he wasn't goin anywhere any time soon, so you made the right choice, I'm not sure I could have done the same though, but envy you for having that ability. I've said it in another post and I'll say it again, if AE started in califoria, then it would still be there. Not only do they have wilder rides in their MK anyway, but the children of los angeles and the surrounding areas are surely more desensitized than those of florida. I feel sorry for them because their tommorrowland sucks so bad. Their were so many good ideas for that area that were cut for budget reasons not to mention all the attractions that were closed needlessly.

I was never a big fan of AE. Maybe my expectations were too high. I had heard from so many people how "scary" it was and I just didn't get it. I dragged my wife on it once and she was mad at me for the rest of the trip. It was too loud for her (She does have ear problems) and had a headache for awhile after riding. I went on it one last time this past September and I probably appreciated it more than any time I had been on previously. Disney did a good job with the effects and if you surrendered to them they were realistic enough. I won't miss it. It was never very high up on my list of must-dos though I did ride it once a trip (When time permitted) Obviously I am a Stitch fan and could not be happier that they are bringing a Stitch themed attraction to the parks. It would have been nice if they could have kept AE too and stuck Stitch where 20,000 L used to be. I feel bad for those of you that lost your favorite attraction. I can imagine how angry I'd be if they closed the Rock n Rollercoaster to put in a Home On The Range attraction. Here I am rambling again. Is anyone still awake? I'll wrap this up.

1) TOTALLY looking forward to Stitch
2) Skippy isn't resting in pieces, he will have a place in SGE
3) Not shedding a tear at the loss of AE
4) You will always be able to recognize me at the Magic Kingdom too. I'll be the guy in the Stitch shirt
5) TOTALLY looking forward to Stitch

cindrelly31

Will Miss It.

My Hubby & I enjoyed AE. I thought it was very scary the first time we sat through it. Regret not getting to sit the last time we were there. :cry: :cry: We had niece-duty that night and she was 2! Hubby & I like to watch that together. Not a big Stich fan, but I will check out attraction next time we are there. (I guess I should watch Lilo & Stich first so I know what the attraction is about. I understand it's about before the movie, but if I never saw the movie some things might not make sense about why/how he escapes.) :hammer:

I miss alien encounter

my husband and i went like a week after they closed it. he had never been on it before i was so exicted and i found out it was close. I think they should bring it back. Stichs great ecsape is going to be great but come on disney owns alot of land they had enough room to build another ride. whos with me on this one

dxwwf3

Dizneyworld4430 said:
my husband and i went like a week after they closed it. he had never been on it before i was so exicted and i found out it was close. I think they should bring it back. Stichs great ecsape is going to be great but come on disney owns alot of land they had enough room to build another ride. whos with me on this one

Well I'm certainly with you, but you and I both know it will never even be discussed. If Disney wanted to use the land they could've just built a Lilo and Stitch attraction from scratch. I'm sorry that your husband never got to experience AE. That's a shame.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
If Disney wanted to use the land they could've just built a Lilo and Stitch attraction from scratch.

Agreed. If I'm not mistaken, didn't most of Lilo and Stitch take place in Hawaii? Perfect fit for Adventureland, plus it would have also been able to feature Lilo.

I was lucky enough to get over there on its last day. The park was open until 11 that night, and it definitely should've been, because it was Columbus Day weekend and it was packed. First attraction I rode when I got there was AE. Last attraction I rode was AE. I had planned on staying until 11 to be one of the last people to get on it, but a huge thunderstorm that pretty much "flooded" Tomorrowland forced those plans to be canceled. I'll always remember that day though...... :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom