Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

SpaceMountain77

Safe to say I think now that the funds were reallocated for resort(s) elsewhere.

Watch this space. Or that one.

When I first read @marni1971 's post, I centered on his use of the word "space" and recalled a resort rumor that circulated a few years back.

Previously, there was a rumor that a resort was planned for the pad that had been earmarked for Disney's Persian Resort, east of Tomorrowland and north of Bay Lake Tower. The speculation was unclear as to whether the new resort would share its infrastructure with the Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower or not.

For @marni1971 to say "watch this space," I cannot help but wonder if the space to which he is referring is Space Mountain and the Persian pad site.

Missing20K

Disney wants you to stay at their hotels, not the Marriott down the road. So the solution to nearly full booked WDW hotels during peak times is to build more rooms. It's just shifting where a person is staying, not necessarily adding more people to the resort
They're currently in the midst of adding over 900 rooms.

The shift you refer to is also made under the assumption that all people currently staying off-site, want to stay on-site, but rooms are booked. I am of the opinion that most people who stay off-site do so because they find better value off-site, or are unable to afford on-site prices.

Also, with @marni1971's additional comment of this being "far off" by the time they break ground on these rumored resorts, they very well may need the additional rooms. My comment was if they were planning on building additional resorts "soon".

NegligibleZestyHarpseal-size_restricted.gif

Monorail_Red_77

Access to the monorail for easy MK access (check)
Walking distance from my favorite WDW park (check)
Have the choice of ditching the bus midday and walking/skylining/boat riding to DHS (check)

This hotel is nearly tailor made for me, I hope it gets built.

what if they built the Epcot resort like the central section of 1966 Epcot. Complete with first floor transportation connections to simulate the underground portions of original Epcot as well as the iconic resort tower. That would be awesome. They could even have it similar to Star Wars hotel where you get to pick a job to do in Epcot Resort. Shut up and take my money LOL

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
@Magic Feather, @marni1971, any info you can share on possible development? Do you know if they’ve narrowed down the possibilities on the location &/or theme?

Really hoping it’s not the one right in front of the entrance, behind the Land would be my choice.

Of course these could be completely unrelated lol! Could just be to do with the actual Spine redevelopment, water feature etc.

Bocabear

what if they built the Epcot resort like the central section of 1966 Epcot. Complete with first floor transportation connections to simulate the underground portions of original Epcot as well as the iconic resort tower. That would be awesome. They could even have it similar to Star Wars hotel where you get to pick a job to do in Epcot Resort. Shut up and take my money LOL
Oh, I don't want a job to do...lol
I just want a sleek modern Futureworld inspired luxury hotel attached to the monorail line or as suggested with the monorail hub running right through it...A view over EPCOT, a rooftop restaurant and lounge for the fireworks, but most of all some beautiful futuristic architecture that does not resemble a Marriott hotel... Something unique and inspiring...
(then they can take my money....)

nickys

Premium Member

Do you have any link to info about this? Sounds great, if somewhat wishful thinking. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom