Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

Disone

Oh, I don't want a job to do...lol
I just want a sleek modern Futureworld inspired luxury hotel attached to the monorail line or as suggested with the monorail hub running right through it...A view over EPCOT, a rooftop restaurant and lounge for the fireworks, but most of all some beautiful futuristic architecture that does not resemble a Marriott hotel... Something unique and inspiring...
(then they can take my money....)
I'll be checking in right behind you, Furious that I'm about to empty my wallet at them.

The Great Gonzo

I'm for it as long as it doesn't completely coverup the great big golf ball. It's too bad they couldn't put it in World Showcase though. It would be cool to have a Country themed resort. Plus it would make it so drunk people can find their way home much easier.

Monorail_Red_77

Do you have any link to info about this? Sounds great, if somewhat wishful thinking. 😉
No info. Just wishful thinking. Would be a great fit over to the west of the bus loop with a peoplemover connector to a separate entry near Seas and to monorail platform. It would be out of the way of the main entrance but still close.

trainplane3

Let's have a flashback to one of the proposed designs.
It wasn’t exactly this. Very modern. Very glass. I’ll refresh my memory later, remind me.

It would have obliterated the view of SSE from the Imag area.
You didn’t remind me!

Three or so towers, two on west and one on east. Tallest on south west, 15 floors. Squares. Lots of glass. A Tron coaster style roof over the heavily remodelled buildings. A cross between the new swolphin tower style and an Apple store.

And lots of plants.

Credit goes to @Missing20K for Google Earth edit!

nickys

Premium Member
No info. Just wishful thinking. Would be a great fit over to the west of the bus loop with a peoplemover connector to a separate entry near Seas and to monorail platform. It would be out of the way of the main entrance but still close.

I meant a link to the original concept from 1966 that you were referring to. Didn’t intend to imply you had actual info!

And I know we’re now just resurrecting the thread as a result of something very mundane lol!

Monorail_Red_77

I meant a link to the original concept from 1966 that you were referring to. Didn’t intend to imply you had actual info!

And I know we’re now just resurrecting the thread as a result of something very mundane lol!
Here are two pics of the original E.P.C.O.T. Model
43E92D49-B599-4954-9CC4-CDB141BA5A4F.jpeg

here’s the MK model, last part of the original model available to public viewing via PEOPLEMOVER.
9ABFF877-21D7-4A13-B79E-9BFFF5C666E5.jpeg

Monorail_Orange

I’ll draw a proper sketch one day.
In another thread (the crazy supposed insider one) you mentioned your motivation as of late for not sharing more info...which I completely understand. In addition to your videos, which are absolutely top-notch btw, I truly enjoy hearing what "might have been" from you, even long after it's no longer on the table. Yes, at times (like this hotel) it's horrifying, at times disappointing, but it's always fascinating, nonetheless. I guess this is really long-winded thank you, and a request to keep this aspect rolling.

Bocabear

they could build something like this on top of the monorail station...it would create a shady covered pre-entry area, security and ticket sales... Also could be the bus and tram loops, all under cover....you would get a dramatic big reveal of the main entry plaza as you clear security... only place it would block Spaceship Earth would be from the parking lot...

nickys

Premium Member
they could build something like this on top of the monorail station...it would create a shady covered pre-entry area, security and ticket sales... Also could be the bus and tram loops, all under cover....you would get a dramatic big reveal of the main entry plaza as you clear security... only place it would block Spaceship Earth would be from the parking lot...
View attachment 422649

So where would the entrance be? Could get confusing with the layout, guest parking etc.

Anyway, it would totally ruin the sight of Spaceship Earth from the approach to the park wouldn’t it? Instead of seeing the giant geodesic dome, they see this resort.

Brad Bishop

@Magic Feather, @marni1971, any info you can share on possible development? Do you know if they’ve narrowed down the possibilities on the location &/or theme?

Really hoping it’s not the one right in front of the entrance, behind the Land would be my choice.

Of course these could be completely unrelated lol! Could just be to do with the actual Spine redevelopment, water feature etc.

While I'm one of those who'll happy point out SSE from wherever I can see it, how important is it to see it from the parking lot?

What if they built a really nice, futuristic (like was mentioned, EPCOT 1966) tower and a really nice, modern "City Walk" right in there but less "Vegas Style" than Universal and they ended up building it all the way across to the other side. Maybe the outer EPCOT parking lots became decks and suddenly, it seems like you have a pretty nice resort-entrance area to EPCOT AND you could build a path connecting it, hopefully with more shops/dining around the West side of Epcot to the Boardwalk area.

This is all pie-in-the-sky stuff here.

That could make for a really nice resort / shopping / dining district and it would allow you to get from the Skyliner to the Monorail, granted by a fairly decent hike which today isn't possible.

Keeping in mind I'm talking about a long term plan and not them shoving a hotel right up against SSE (see: hat at DHS which completely killed the view of the theater).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom