Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

dmw

In the Parks
No
Then you'd be partially blocking Spaceship Earth from the arrival view and have the building sitting there behind Spaceship Earth from everywhere in the park, like the Cosmic Rewind building. I can't envision a way a hotel right at the entrance of EPCOT wouldn't be terrible.
The vision of the "community of tomorrow" included living areas. Of course, we all know that original vision is history...

IMHO, if done properly, with the tallest part of the hotel off to the side, having part of the hotel expand to the monorail station could be done and fit well into the theming.

James Alucobond

IMHO, if done properly, with the tallest part of the hotel off to the side, having part of the hotel expand to the monorail station could be done and fit well into the theming.
Don’t you just end up getting views of lots of backstage ugliness if you push things too far to either side? Can’t wait to pay a premium for Guardians box view.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Artist concept of the new EPCOT hotel has dropped. It's being planned to provide balance to the park.

new epcot hotel.png

Bocabear

What if the hotel were built directly over the current monorail station spanning and framing Spaceship Earth from the long view...the hotel could also be built overtop of the current Bus Loop area creating a covered approach and shelter. The rooms wing could be on the opposite side with the restaurants and shopping concourse above the Monorail and Transportation Hub. Designed properly, the new Modernist hotel could frame and enhance the view of Spaceship Earth... It could be a real plus...
What I really want is a giant wing added to the Hollywood Tower Hotel with a complete 1940s Hollywood themed Hotel attached.

Epcot82Guy

What if the hotel were built directly over the current monorail station spanning and framing Spaceship Earth from the long view...the hotel could also be built overtop of the current Bus Loop area creating a covered approach and shelter. The rooms wing could be on the opposite side with the restaurants and shopping concourse above the Monorail and Transportation Hub. Designed properly, the new Modernist hotel could frame and enhance the view of Spaceship Earth... It could be a real plus...
What I really want is a giant wing added to the Hollywood Tower Hotel with a complete 1940s Hollywood themed Hotel attached.
I had thought about that, too. Having just walked it last night, I have to agree with @UNCgolf. Anything at the entrance will not look good. The area is (physically) not as large as it may seem, and the scale on SSE requires the longer walk up. Especially for the number of rooms Disney would need to make this make sense financially. It's a solid concept, but I don't know it would work well in the realities of the space.

Now a 1 night ToT boutique haunted hotel experience (with a haunted bar).... That's a separate conversation...

Bocabear

I had thought about that, too. Having just walked it last night, I have to agree with @UNCgolf. Anything at the entrance will not look good. The area is (physically) not as large as it may seem, and the scale on SSE requires the longer walk up. Especially for the number of rooms Disney would need to make this make sense financially. It's a solid concept, but I don't know it would work well in the realities of the space.

Now a 1 night ToT boutique haunted hotel experience (with a haunted bar).... That's a separate conversation...
I agree! That could be absolutely amazing. no more than 30 rooms, Dinner and dancing at the Tip Top Room.
So many fun entertainment ideas would be possible...

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
If they’re gonna do this off the monorail track and the building doesn’t look like the central building in the Progress City model why even bother?
So true. PLEASE DISNEY, MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE ORIGINAL MODEL! That would be the ultimate tribute to the past, and a great way for Magic Kingdom guests to connect the fact that that PeopleMover model is Epcot. Right now I don't think that clicks for many tourists during their rides, purely because it doesn't look anything like it!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So true. PLEASE DISNEY, MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE ORIGINAL MODEL! That would be the ultimate tribute to the past, and a great way for Magic Kingdom guests to connect the fact that that PeopleMover model is Epcot. Right now I don't think that clicks for many tourists during their rides, purely because it doesn't look anything like it!

Umm nope. Everthing would be out of whack then per the model.
1683145781266.png

Bocabear

But there are images of the intermodal transportation Hub that Walt envisioned...and with monorail and buses...add in the dreamliner line to the front of the park, and now guests at several of the hotels can link directly to the monorail system... It could be the beginning of a way to tie everything together They just need to add a monorail line linking All Star/Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs with a stop at EPCOT ...

jpeden

In the Parks
No
But there are images of the intermodal transportation Hub that Walt envisioned...and with monorail and buses...add in the dreamliner line to the front of the park, and now guests at several of the hotels can link directly to the monorail system... It could be the beginning of a way to tie everything together They just need to add a monorail line linking All Star/Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs with a stop at EPCOT ...

I believe Eisner wanted to expand the monorail to HS and the crescent lake resorts but the crisis of ‘92 and the overruns on DLP killed that idea pretty quickly.

Epcot82Guy

One big issue is the areas backstage there by the Land and Seas aren't very pretty. And there isn't any great way to block that. Not that Disney cares about sight lines any more.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
One big issue is the areas backstage there by the Land and Seas aren't very pretty. And there isn't any great way to block that. Not that Disney cares about sight lines any more.

Yeah sight lines are a thing of the past based on the way the DVC tower at the poly looks. I also didn’t realize it was TWO separate structures On the monorail today leaving GF and arriving at MK it looked just awful behind the wedding pavilion.

GimpYancIent

Lots of creative thoughts, designs, concepts and projection's. Pretty much a complete remake / refurb of EPCOT. All in all it would be simpler to shut the place down for a couple of years, put up 12-foot-high construction walls around the place (properly themed of course) and reconstruct everything. There is room and there is capability to construct an EPCOT hotel without further disrupting EPCOT beyond the unsightly construction issues that have and continue to happen.

Disstevefan1

Lots of creative thoughts, designs, concepts and projection's. Pretty much a complete remake / refurb of EPCOT. All in all it would be simpler to shut the place down for a couple of years, put up 12-foot-high construction walls around the place (properly themed of course) and reconstruct everything. There is room and there is capability to construct an EPCOT hotel without further disrupting EPCOT beyond the unsightly construction issues that have and continue to happen.
But they are completing the "successful" renovation of EPCOT.

Besides, they can't shut down the year-round food festivals in EPCOT because MONEY.

The company need to make money somehow. The theme parks and cruise ships are the only things making money. Disney+ and Movies are huge losers!!!

You said a couple of years????? THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN A COUPLE OF YEARS! LOOK HOW LONG THE WALLS ARE UP IN EPCOT!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom