The Edison--details announced

CDavid

I don't think a dress code for a place in Disney will be too strict, but agree they need to enforce something. So no vests/sleeveless tops, no sports shorts that sort of thing. Maybe go as far as insisting on collared shirts, but still allow dress shorts?

I've mentioned this previously in regards to dress codes, but merely a requirement for collared shirts would generally elevate the attire of most guests, under the assumption that most people would tend (there would be exceptions) to wear nicer footwear and bottoms also to accompany the collared shirt. Dress codes should be simple and easy to enforce, and it would be pretty obvious if a guest met this one.

DisneyDebRob

I've mentioned this previously in regards to dress codes, but merely a requirement for collared shirts would generally elevate the attire of most guests, under the assumption that most people would tend (there would be exceptions) to wear nicer footwear and bottoms also to accompany the collared shirt. Dress codes should be simple and easy to enforce, and it would be pretty obvious if a guest met this one.
I agree with everything you said but don't think it's going to happen. Thousands upon thousands of people at DTD every night shopping and looking for a bite to eat. Way to much money will be left on the table if people can't get in. There should be a place or two that has at least a slight dress code but IMO it's not going to happen.

PhotoDave219

I agree with everything you said but don't think it's going to happen. Thousands upon thousands of people at DTD every night shopping and looking for a bite to eat. Way to much money will be left on the table if people can't get in. There should be a place or two that has at least a slight dress code but IMO it's not going to happen.

I know it's Disney, but is it too much to ask for a classy joint with a high end dress code?

Yes... I know I'm sounding elitist and snobby. I am being that way. I think it's completely fair to have establishments that cater to people that have enough self-respect to dress appropriately for that venue.

articos

I know it's Disney, but is it too much to ask for a classy joint with a high end dress code?

Yes... I know I'm sounding elitist and snobby. I am being that way. I think it's completely fair to have establishments that cater to people that have enough self-respect to dress appropriately for that venue.
Lake Buena Vista Club. Gulf Coast Room. Trophy Room. Empress Room. Just not relevant any more. I won't say Edison and STK and Morimoto will be jacket and tie, but I would count on classy upscale casual, with Edison's lounge being upscale for at least the opening. The new venues will bring some sophistication, at least.

hokielutz

And some of you doubted my support of TDO and the changes initiated several years ago from on high. Tsk. Tsk.

This will be the new location to be at when in central fla. And not just for conventions but also for locals. And much more to come at the Springs.

IMO.

I think the Adv. Club die-hards are even pleased. :cat:

We will still miss it and pine for those days gone bye.

hokielutz

I would hope that there is enough variety that the establishments can enforce dress codes for the higher end places like Edison could be slotted into. At the very least, have a separate room for families & those not up to dress code that they can dine in, while not detracting from the main part of the bar/lounge/restaurant area.

dang.... I am becoming a snob....

PhotoDave219

I would hope that there is enough variety that the establishments can enforce dress codes for the higher end places like Edison could be slotted into. At the very least, have a separate room for families & those not up to dress code that they can dine in, while not detracting from the main part of the bar/lounge/restaurant area.

dang.... I am becoming a snob....

Welcome to the dark side. We're exquisitely dressed.

jt04

Funny in reading different articles on the Edison how many people think the tower out front is a smoke stack, it's actually sort of a replica of the Edison tower with the light on top! I think I am most excited for this since I was born in a hospital about two blocks from this tower in Edison, NJ.

Very cool. :) The DS skyline should impress at night. :geek: Especially from Saratoga Springs.:jawdrop: The vast majority of people who bought into that DVC must be pleased with what they are seeing.:happy:

Mouse Detective

Funny in reading different articles on the Edison how many people think the tower out front is a smoke stack, it's actually sort of a replica of the Edison tower with the light on top! I think I am most excited for this since I was born in a hospital about two blocks from this tower in Edison, NJ.
Looks like a smokestack to me, not the Edison Tower in New Jersey.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eVbVIG9UduA/VJ4MvCI_NZI/AAAAAAAAloc/jLz8c5ZjA-g/s1600/DSCN5336.JPG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoma...wer_and_Museum#/media/File:TheEdisonTower.jpg

articos

Unfortunately, no, it's actually a smoke stack for the fictional power plant building that The Edison is inhabiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom