The Dream That You Wish Will Come True : A February Engagement TR

Hi lovies! I am so happy to finally be getting to this TR and share this story with you all! Prior to this trip my than boyfriend and I took our last trip to WDW in November 2012 for my birthday. I had hoped the entire trip we would get engaged than but sadly, it didn't happen. The day we left to come home I made a wish in Cinderella's Wishing Well..

Little did I know that just a little over 2 short months later the dream that I wished, did come true! So without further ado, here we go!

For those of you who don't know, Ryan and I have been together for 4 years, this trip was to celebrate our anniversary and was Ryan's idea. We first came to WDW together in February 2010 for our 1 year anniversary and have been obsessed ever since; we are current passholders, and yes, we live in NJ! This TR will have TONS of pictures and lots of pixie dust, I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I am enjoying reliving it with you! xox

February 2010 (our 1st anniversary and 1st trip together)

November 2012 (our last trip together)

Day 1 - February 3, 2013
When we booked this trip we didn't realize at the time that today was in fact Superbowl Sunday. Normally that wouldn't matter except that my 49ers were finally back in the big game! I have been a huge fan since I was just a little girl in the early 90s and I had been waiting years for them to get back to the Superbowl. Ryan was working until 2:00 and our flight was at 6:00, just in time for kick-off, wonderful! I got dressed in my 9ers best, which allowed me to meet lots of "friends" at the airport, flew through security and we waited at the gate. Thankfully, we were on JetBlue so I was able to watch (and cry while doing it). JetBlue also had $1 drinks for the game, woo hoo! By the time we were about to land the blackout had happened, and well, you all know what happened, we lost. I was so hoping up to see Colin Kapernick in the parade at MK the next day and Ryan was hoping it wasn't Joe Flacco because I find him attractive (LOL).

Anyway, he made our way to ME and hoped the bus for Pop. We had stayed here on our first visit together and since it was our 4 year anniversary trip we decided there was no better place than to stay where it all started. We checked in to the 80s section on the 1st floor, put our stuff in the room at grabbed something to eat in the food court. Before bed Ryan kept asking me where we were going in the morning, I said Magic Kingdom obviously because I wanted to be there for the Superbowl Parade, he said good and off to sleep we went. At the time I had no clue what tomorrow would bring, but boy oh boy, surprises were in store!

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Day 2 - February 4, 2013
We were up early this morning and excited to get to the parks. Ryan was ready to go and kind of rushing me, It was one of those mornings when your just not happy with your hair and your outfit, you know what I'm talking about ladies. I was mad because I had ordered a bow to match my outfit a month prior which didn't arrive in time so I wasn't such a happy camper. I asked Ryan if he wanted breakfast, he said no and he wasn't hungry. I thought nothing of it and we headed to the bus stop.

While waiting Ry asked me if he could hang on to our Photopass, I asked why and he reminded me that he carried it on our last trip and that he wanted to be in charge of it again. OK, once less thing for me to carry/worry about. On the bus I said I wanted to ride Space Mountain, Ryan said no. What was going on, first no breakfast, than no coasters?!? We got to the park scanned our APs and we were in! Ry said he wanted to start a new tradition and take our pics first than do the rides and such, fine, whatever you want handsome. At this point we started up Main Street, I was trying to take it all in but someone ::cough cough:: Ryan, was in a hurry. The trolley show pulled out onto Main Street and I was excited to watch, Ryan kept dragging me up the street. This was the only shot I was able to get

As we got towards the hub Ryan asked where I thought the best place to get a picture with the castle was, I said over by the Rose Garden so people won't be behind us, he said OK and we headed that way. When we got there I stood where the photographer told me to and Ry handed her the photopass and put our backpack down. He than came over and grabbed my hand and said "you know how much I love you right". In my head I was saying holy crap this is it...I honestly don't remember a thing he said after that, it all became such a whirlwind...

The next thing I remember was all of this clapping, cheering, and yelling. Apparently a crowd had gathered to watch but I was in my own world and didn't have a clue. Apparently, the photographer was in on it allowing us to get all these awesome candid pics of the action!

So, now I knew why he had been acting so damn weird for the past two weeks and the whole morning! Poor kid was so nervous and just wanted to get it done LOL. This is only the beginning of the magic, stayed tuned love bugs!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Congrats! This is just awesome.

As a side note, one of the photoshop gurus on the forum should take your castle pics and remove the crane for you. Just a thought.

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Best Wishes for the happy couple! You are both adorable!
You are so sweet, thank you so much!

Congrats! This is just awesome.

As a side note, one of the photoshop gurus on the forum should take your castle pics and remove the crane for you. Just a thought.

Thank you! Yes, I agree, lol that damn crane was the only imperfection of the trip!

Congrats! Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you, I look forward to sharing the rest with all of you!

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Here are a few closer shots of my ring

After we both got out of the Rose Garden we were both so shaky and smiley and my first question was, where do I get a just engaged button. So back down Main Street to Town Hall we went, they didn't have any just engaged buttons so they gave us the happy ever after ones instead. The CM there was great, he asked Ryan for his name and than asked us to wait, he returned shortly after with these...

One was for fast pass entrance and the other was for free ice cream!! I was so touched, even by this little gesture. I asked Ry if my family knew about this and he said he had asked my father two weeks before. I couldn't believe it, my papa is a big scary dude and he had the courage to ask....so cute! We both made some calls to our parents, my sisters, grandmothers and aunt, everyone was over the moon with excitement for us, I couldn't believe it! We were starving after all of this and decided to celebrate at Be Our Guest, but went to order a Christmas ornament first. We always buy ear hats ornaments on our trips so this time we got something different. Its a large ring with wedding Mickey and Minnie on it and we had them personalize it for us, also the CM at the register gave us just engaged buttons! Now, I was super excited, I got to sport this big shiny rock and the button, everyone is gonna know, I was just so excited, and proud! (Listen to me going on and on LOL)

We got to BoG and were told the stand-by wait was about 25 minutes but it went much faster, I was still saying to myself over and over again in my head "oh my god, oh my god. we're engaged, we got engaged" I kept staring at my hand, it was so all so new. We enjoyed the wait and took lots of pics

Previously we had only been here for dinner so I was interested to see how it operated during lunch. The hallway with the armor serves as the line and you move through to the library where you use a touch screen system to order your food. I have to say, this is fantastic!

You take the little GPS rose with you and find a seat. We of coarse wanted to sit in the West Wing but were told there were no tables for 2 available, no worries! We decided to sit in the room with the music box since we had eaten in the ballroom already.

I cannot say enough about the castle, it's gorgeous and you must see the inside of it, words and pictures do no justice. Before we knew it a server arrived with a covered cart containing our food, it was awesome! We split the french onion soup and it was much better than when I had it back in November.

I had the turkey sandwich and chose green beans over fries as a side, I had wedding dress to wear now! Everything was great, so yummy!

Ryan had the ham sandwich and fries, he ate all of it!

For dessert we shared the chocolate cream puff which was delish as always! We saw no grey stuff this time around either but oh well.

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Since we hadn't really seen the West Wing before we decided to go take a look. Passing through the ballroom.

The West Wing is incredible and of coarse now there were tons of tables for 2 open, but nothing was ruining this day!

The enchanted rose is one of the coolest parts of the room, in my opinion.

So, we were on our way to the rest of our magical day! The best part was that this point it was only about 12:30 we had so much celebrating to do, oh and a Superbowl Parade!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom