The Dreaded Tour Groups

graphite1326

When huge groups of Brazilians or cheerleaders cut in front of me, I just cut in front of them. Seriously. Sometimes I follow right behind them, saying Excuse me, Pardon me. When the person I'm following stops, I pardon myself, step past them and stop.

I wish everyone would do this. They'd cut and then we'd all follow and step past them, leaving them (and the rest of their group) at the back of the line.

In fact, we should all do this with all line cutters.

:)
I like this idea

forevermickey

I think there is no doubt that groups, any kind of group, can be a problem at WDW. Whenever you get large numbers from one entity together in one place, it can spell trouble for those not in the group. I've seen issues with South American tour groups, American band groups, American cheerleaders, the Candelight school choirs, and Wide World of Sports school teams.

The group mentality often means that there is no consideration for anyone else. If you and your family end up stuck in the middle of one of these groups, it can be very intimidating.

If you are concerned, my advice would be to avoid areas where you see them, do not enter attractions as they are just going in, and do not stake out firework or parade spots in the areas of any large groups.

If you do have any issues, let a cast member know, preferably a manager. They do have processes for dealing with it.
I agree with you on all accounts. It's not the large group that is an issue, it is the inconsideration that usually comes along with it. I have done just what you suggested, avoided that area, or stepped out of line and waited a few minutes to distance myself :)

draybook

I think some people need to learn the true meaning of "racism". Having a problem with Brazilians chanting and cutting in line is not racist. Saying that they shouldn't be allowed in the parks based on their skin color IS racist. There's a huge difference. Many of us here are just fed up with the out of control behavior that many of these folks display. There's plenty of cheerleaders that do the same things, as well as Pop Warner kids. But from what I've seen, the cheer/pop kids are split up into smaller groups.

I don't want to see these kids stay away, I just want them, and all other visitors, to learn proper etiquette. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're traveling abroad, learn the customs of the place you're visiting.

captainkidd

I think some people need to learn the true meaning of "racism". Having a problem with Brazilians chanting and cutting in line is not racist. Saying that they shouldn't be allowed in the parks based on their skin color IS racist. There's a huge difference. many of us here are just fed up with the out of control behavior that many of these folks display. There's plenty of cheerleaders that do the same things, as well as Pop Warner kids. But from what I've seen, the cheer/pop kids are split up into smaller groups.

I don't want to see these kids stay away, I just want them, and all other visitors, to learn proper etiquette. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're traveling abroad, learn the customs of the place you're visiting.

Bingo.

Goofyernmost

I think some people need to learn the true meaning of "racism". Having a problem with Brazilians chanting and cutting in line is not racist. Saying that they shouldn't be allowed in the parks based on their skin color IS racist. There's a huge difference. Many of us here are just fed up with the out of control behavior that many of these folks display. There's plenty of cheerleaders that do the same things, as well as Pop Warner kids. But from what I've seen, the cheer/pop kids are split up into smaller groups.

Well said! And I would add...Americans traveling to other countries would be well served to learn a few themselves. We aren't called Ugly Americans for nothing. In a kind of indirect manner, the Brazilian Tour Groups and others are just doing a little pay back.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom