The Downtown Disney Thread

DavidDL

Is any of this replacing the ESPN Zone? Call me crazy but other than the steakhouse/bbq replacing Tortilla Jo's, I can't really pin down where any of the other new stuff is going with the art they shared.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is any of this replacing the ESPN Zone? Call me crazy but other than the steakhouse/bbq replacing Tortilla Jo's, I can't really pin down where any of the other new stuff is going with the art they shared.
Nope, all of the other stuff goes in the new DTD area where Din Tai Fung is located. Its the retail locations next to Parkside Market, with Earl's still to be built next it to. With the exception of Marceline's which goes into its same location but expanded.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Since I'm already doing screenshots for the other thread......

Image is facing east. I wish it was more up to date since the bag-check portal on the bottom right is already finished.

Avengers Reserve will go where the red arrow is. D-Lander will be in one of the shops to its right in the same building. That's the building with the breeze-blocks above.

The yellow area is the Parkside Market (four restaurants and upstairs bar). The blue area is the building that will house Earl of Sandwich on first floor and The Carnaby Tavern on second floor.

I honestly don't think ESPN or Rainforest will go away until either DLF happens or they finish existing and want to tackle that side.

1725060107824.png

JSouth25

Can confirm there is no drop off in quality at DTD’s Din Tai Fung. In fact, the chicken fried rice might be the best I’ve had at any of the locations. Impressive considering it’s still new and this particular location is even more hectic than their other locations. But they are a well organized machine.
That’s good to hear. I haven’t eaten at the one at DTD, but I really like how it looks on the outside, it stands out and looks more reminiscent of classic DTD as opposed to the duller looking places that have opened recently.

prberk

It all looks like the continued sterilized “modern” shopping center look to me, with a few IP nods thrown in. I miss the immersive theming and fun they used to put in, which made it distinctive.

PiratesMansion

It all looks like the continued sterilized “modern” shopping center look to me, with a few IP nods thrown in. I miss the immersive theming and fun they used to put in, which made it distinctive.
Was Downtown Disney a place that was truly immersively themed?

I'll agree that the look was more consistent and clean, and individual places could certainly be well done, but I don't know if I would have every called it immersively themed.

CaptinEO

Was Downtown Disney a place that was truly immersively themed?

I'll agree that the look was more consistent and clean, and individual places could certainly be well done, but I don't know if I would have every called it immersively themed.
We used to have RidemakerZ and D Street. The most immersive things Disney has ever done and now we have nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom