The Downtown Disney Thread

DisneyAJ

I'm a bit worried that this one may create the tent look, while being more permanent?

I kinda though they'd match the look of the new DTD entrance, but this seems to be more tent like?
Could be some sort of theming since it’s supposed to be for hotel/dining guests to get to and from the DLH. Would be weird if it looked different though.

KeithVH

OK, it's about time they finalized that. My question is, will this entrance be ONLY for DLH guests? Or will people who don't want to wait in the line at the other entry want to block up this one too?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So more Disney stores…which was not their Intent…another expensive steakhouse to sit empty with no market (is this a replacement for STK or was one not enough?)…

…the earth of sandwich place has potential

Nirya

I don't think the deal was ever really off the table. I suspect there were just some sticking points that needed to be worked out that held it up, probably something like the size/scale of the location, etc.
The biggest sticking point was that Disney wanted Portos to be open every day and Portos specifically is closed for Christmas.

AJFireman

Porto's was included in a Disney Parks Blog on June 21st so I don't think it was ever really off the table. It was also included in any Blog where DTD was discussed. I know the rumors about it being canceled because of Holiday Closures but what I have gathered they only close on Christmas and New Years and would think that would of been thought about before entering an agreement. Seems the delay in building just opened it up to rumors.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The biggest sticking point was that Disney wanted Portos to be open every day and Portos specifically is closed for Christmas.
I saw that rumor making the rounds, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed. Aren't there other locations closed during some holidays in DTD?

MK-fan

This is per the Disney Parks Blog DTD announcements:
“As we look forward to this all-new Earl of Sandwich offering, the Earl’s location on the east side of the district will close in 2025, so construction may begin on Porto’s Bakery.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom