The Downtown Disney Thread

D.Silentu

The coolest thing about the proposed Mineral King resort would have been the train Disney was going to build to get people there. I’ve driven the road to Mineral King many times and it is my least favorite drive by a wide margin. Harrowing is a good word for it! That being said, as neat as the ski resort would have been, I’m more grateful for all the experiences I’ve had in that national park.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disneyland Resort has announced Din Tai Fung will have its soft opening beginning June 24, with an official opening later in July:

Din Tai Fung, a global restaurant company known for the art of Xiao Long Bao and excellence in hospitality, is opening its first-ever standalone restaurant in the Downtown Disney District. The restaurant will be serving guests a limited menu for its soft opening beginning June 24, 2024, while it prepares for its official grand opening in July. The new restaurant will be the only freestanding Din Tai Fung location built from the ground up, infused with architectural and design elements that pay homage to the company’s Taiwanese heritage.

truecoat

Beats me but I’m glad they closed that restaurant down. The food was garbage for the price you paid. I’d rather eat at a Dennys. On my trip to Walt Disney World last month, I made it known that Rain Forest and T Rex were off limits.

I go to the Rain Forest Cafe on every visit to Animal Kingdom. I walk through the gift shop and to a very uncrowded turnstile to get into AK. I'm in there about 15-20 seconds, tops.

TP2000

Disneyland Resort has announced Din Tai Fung will have its soft opening beginning June 24, with an official opening later in July:

Din Tai Fung, a global restaurant company known for the art of Xiao Long Bao and excellence in hospitality, is opening its first-ever standalone restaurant in the Downtown Disney District. The restaurant will be serving guests a limited menu for its soft opening beginning June 24, 2024, while it prepares for its official grand opening in July. The new restaurant will be the only freestanding Din Tai Fung location built from the ground up, infused with architectural and design elements that pay homage to the company’s Taiwanese heritage.

I'm thrilled to see TDA had the backbone to call this restaurant and it's proud, hard working owners "Taiwanese".

That can't have gone over well in the executive offices of Shanghai Disneyland, but so be it. It's Taiwanese. 😍 🇹🇼

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom