The Dos and Don'ts of WDWCP

joanna71985

You are misunderstanding what I wrote. What I mean is don't run around the parks acting like you're a CM (happens), don't go on the Internet acting like a CM (i.e. don't go online and talk about your job, company secrets, or post on sites like stupidguestricks.com), and don't think being a CM gives you any special privileges outside of the WDW Resort.

What's so bad about posting on SGT? And mkt, that is so GROSS!:eek:

mharrington

Vista is mold-infected, buggy, hell. It's pronounced as it looks.

Chatham is newer, nicer and cleaner.

Another Don't - DON'T SWIM IN THE HOTTUB!!!!!

And another thing about Vista: it's really called Vista Way, but many people call it Vista LAY! Have you ever heard of anything so funny? :lol: :lol: Also, avoid Epcot Center Drive. It may be a well-signed road, but very unforgiving if you screw up. In addition, this road has the worst drivers in the world.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
And another thing about Vista: it's really called Vista Way, but many people call it Vista LAY! Have you ever heard of anything so funny? :lol: :lol: Also, avoid Epcot Center Drive. It may be a well-signed road, but very unforgiving if you screw up. In addition, this road has the worst drivers in the world.

:lol: Vista Lay...no comment :lookaroun

I'm having a brain fart - which road is Epcot Center Drive?

MuRkErY

Chatham may be newer, but Vista is more social, plus in a more conveniant location.

I prefer Vista, better partys, more people to meet, more fun.

Toddster

I'm sure you're stuck with what your assigned whether it is Vista or Chatham, unless you pay the 50 bucks right. But whatever I'm assigned to, is where I'm meant to be. I don't want to move or request and mess up the whole time-space continuum. haha.

Blizz

Hey Vista is not all bad, I mean you can walk to a bunch of fast food places if you dont have a car... alright, yeah thats about the only upside. haha

Magicot

Original Poster
So when you arrive to start your program, do they ask where you would like to stay (Vista, Chatham)? I think I'd be fine if they just put me somewhere- it's meant to be!

Also, do they have anywhere where I can lock up valuables and money?

Thanks for all the answers guys! :wave:

zeroFantasy

Don't call in just to "get a day off" too often. I've only done it twice. Don't call in for stupid reasons. People at work rely on you!

Don't be a stupid cast member! Do your job and don't ask stupid obvious questions, because people will talk... ;) Don't tell people how to do their jobs.. Yes that happens too. And every new person that you didn't see getting trained? Don't assume they're new. They might be seasonal! :p

Do pick up extra hours!

Do go to one of the restraunts near Vista Way in your costume! The looks are priceless... ;) Want really amazing looks? Stake'n'Shake. That place is horrible but you get the kick out of the stares..;)

Do bring your car, but don't let people without a car take advantage of you. It happened to me so many times... grr..

Oh and yes, as someone said, don't go to the hot tub or the pool in Vista near the bus stop... ;)

Like everyone else said, don't wear your ID at the parks... LOL. Buy a CP sweatshirt/backpack/whatever else they have instead... ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
DO ask outside business if they offer any Disney discount

DON'T assume that they do, and in line with that
DON'T get smart, snippy, or asinine if they don't - they aren't required to.

zeroFantasy

Don't ask Sea World, Universal, or Busch Gardens if they offer cast discounts.... that was one of the stupidest things I've heard during my program :D. Those parks rival Disney..the fact that they don't offer discounts should be obvious to anyone. LOL sorry, had a bad personal experience with that one (no I wasn't the one asking, lol!)

Magicot

Original Poster
Any opinions on the Mary of the Universe Shrine/Church near Vista?

Where are the best places to eat off property but close to the appartments?

Besides clothes, toiletries, and money, what are some MUSTS to bring down?

Do most CPs get 1 or 2 days off a week?

Thanks! :D

AliciaLuvzDizne

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention one last instruction:

15. If you work at Magic Kingdom, start praying! If you are working on Main Street, forget it! Prayers won't help you now. Count on, not only staying till the park closes at 1 am for almost-daily after hours parties during holiday and summer seasons, but also for the 40-60 minutes in which Main Street stays open with the rest of the park, and add an hour for closing after that!
2 and a half hours for closing
:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom