The Disney Nonsense Thread

Sharon&Susan

THE GOLDEN MUCKEY AWARDS
WINNER OF BEST E-TICKET TO OPEN IN A DISNEy PARK SINCE JULY 2018
INSIDE OUT EMOTIONAL WHIRLWIND

B1D6FCBD-D21F-47F2-9915-8F24E0F930D7.jpeg
I know what I’ll be waiting an hour in line for, next time I visit!

Rich T

THE GOLDEN MUCKEY AWARDS
WINNER OF BEST E-TICKET TO OPEN IN A DISNEy PARK SINCE JULY 2018
INSIDE OUT EMOTIONAL WHIRLWIND

View attachment 394480
I know what I’ll be waiting an hour in line for, next time I visit!
So much time, effort and money spent to try to dress up a cheap, tiny recycled kiddie spinner. All surface flash and no substance: It's like a tribute to DCA 1.0. The best part is the sign: It looks like Joy is trying her best to make lemonade out of lemons, while Sadness is just depressed about being part of such a lame project.

Rich T

Bring back the Maliboomer! or even better a parachute drop like Knott's use to have. Theme it to the green army men from TS if you must.

This but forty stories tall!!
Toy%20Soldiers%20Parachute%20Drop%20%281%29.jpg
Now, that's a perfect fit for that corner of Pixar Pier! Of course, however, the Parachute drop idea makes sense, would be a crowd-pleaser and costs more money than recycling Flik's Flyers, so of course Disney didn't do this. We'd probably end up with two tower rides, as Disney's too cheap to replace the awful Jumpin' Jellyfish, but that's better than having three dangle-and-fly-in-a-circle rides right next to each other like we have now...

Rich T

Regarding the idiotic placement of Flik's Emotwirl, Silly Symp Swings and Golden Zephyr: Most other theme parks' designers are intelligent enough to know NOT to put similar flat rides so close to one another, and that VARYING the type of experience guests encounter along a pathway is a GOOD thing. If you have a spinner, maybe the next flat ride along the path should rock back and forth, or perhaps flip upside down. But, no, the DCA folks decided spinner, spinner, spinner. All dangling in the air, all moving in a circle, all doing the same dang thing. The lack of "IMAGINATION" (you know, that quality Disney likes to talk about so much) shown here is mind-boggling.

Rich T

That is why I don't understand why people love Disney parks so much. Maybe this summer a large number of sheepole figured out there are better and cheaper things out there that are just as good, if not better, than Disney. However the WDW folks will forever remain clueless.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love all the GOOD things in Disneyland (mostly created by previous generations of Imagineers) and enjoy the good parts of DCA as a sort of "bonus" add-on to a parkhopper day. When Disney's done something right, no other park can touch them as far as family-friendly quality adventure rides. Universal's catching up. But, yeah, when Busch Gardens, Dollywood and Holiday World seem to understand the basics of good park design and Disney can't get the most elementary things right (and spends waaaaaay more in the process).... something's wonky in Mouse Town.

VJ

Original Poster
Now, don't get me wrong, I love all the GOOD things in Disneyland (mostly created by previous generations of Imagineers) and enjoy the good parts of DCA as a sort of "bonus" add-on to a parkhopper day. When Disney's done something right, no other park can touch them as far as family-friendly quality adventure rides. Universal's catching up. But, yeah, when Busch Gardens, Dollywood and Holiday World seem to understand the basics of good park design and Disney can't get the most elementary things right (and spends waaaaaay more in the process).... something's wonky in Mouse Town.
but Rich! how else could the famed Disney Imagineers build a theme park without a month-long research trip to the white sands of Cancun?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The Indiana Jones Ride is dumb and bad, because it isn’t an exact copy of any location from any of the movies.
Nope. Wrong. It is what Batuu should have been if they were going to create a new location. It honors everything that is Indy. We get to go on an advenure while Indy is having his own. We see Indy. Your comparison would only work if there was a Shia MUTT WILLIAMS AA instead of Indy while still calling it the Indiana Jones Adventure and not using John Williams score. Nice try but try harder. You are better than this.

Sharon&Susan

In the concept art for Universal’s Epic Universe, there’s water, fireworks, and multiple show buildings, and Disneyland has all those things (and obviously no other park in the world has any of those things).

You know what that means..

Disney is buying Comcast!

Jedi Stitch

need i remind you of FRIED CHICKEN CELEBRATION
Is that what you call it, when you pay $40 a pop for take a lunch and get preferred viewing for a parade. Then you end up with a $40 KFC meal, no place to actually eat it, and the preferred viewing section was put up just before the parade, but then all the Johnny come latelys then just ignore the special roped off space and try to crowd in on you. Then you have to get a CM, because they didn't even pay for the upgrade.
Atleast, WDW did it right by having the view areas in the hub circle, with one way in and out, so a single CM can be used to make sure Joe Smoe and his extended family of 12 don't just push their way in front of you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom