The DHS Pixar revamp! (According to Jim Hill)

mickeymagic92

though excited for this attraction i think that DHS does not need another coaster, but coasters sshould be brought to the other sections of the world :D

TimontheGreat

I don't really know what i should think about this attraction. Yes i think it would be a nice addition to Pixar Place, but what ever really happened to the old kind of rides like small world, space mountain, jungle cruise, and Mission:Space? It seems like the only upcoming additions to the parks are going to be refurbishments or rides based of movies, franchise, etc. Imo, I think that the mouse house should think of something brand new that's not based off any movies that could rival the new upcoming additions to Universal Studios.:shrug:

Missing20K

I for one find it funny that we are talking about building multi-million dollar rides in the same park that is cutting it's major entertainment offering down to 2x a week to save money?

That is the biggest reason I believe Fantasmic has been scaled back, because of strategic reasons, and not economic. No way they can save enough from taking Fantasmic down to 2 nights a week to build an E ticket from scratch. Even if it's a million bucks a night in cost savings that is still only 20 million a month. A pittance compared to the revenue the parks generate on a monthly basis.

And how about a 4D Spiderman type ride for soundstage one?? A little combo of JT's idea and the original roller coaster concept. :shrug:

WildLodgeFan

Can you imagine standing in line for 45-60 mins listening to people scream or laugh their heads off? :dazzle: :brick:

Yeah, that was my nightmare thought as well. I don't mind them in the attaction, but the queue would be painful. I do like the idea of the receptionist and I hope they make her interactive like they did with Mr. Potato Head.

jtwyatt

I am all for this new attraction....I loved MI and as many other have stated on the thread and site have always thought the door scene was set up for a great coaster type ride. I am also excited to see that DHS is getting some much needed TLC....

Thiger

I actually agree. If they aren't going to rip it out than make it worthy of your time by upating it. The only thing I would do different with you proposal is make it apart of Fantasyland instead of Tomorrowland.

*ducks the flying tomatoes*

I agree with both of these, but keep it in Tomorrowland and make it a 'TRON' based theme.

I think it would be cool to see a re-envisioned TRON movie or animated film.

OldKeyWest

Original Poster
Ok since we are on the whole coming attractions to WDW subject let me bring up the rumor that never dies.....Beastly Kingdom!

Ok now don't sharpen your pitchforks and light the torches just yet. Hear me out on this because I have some reasons on why it has a chance.

All of this is coinciding with WDW's 40th anniversary so around 2011/12ish.(Keep in mind these are mostly rumors currently) MK is getting the LM ride from DCA supposedly, WALL E in TL (if not in PP), possibly a Space refurb?:shrug: Epcot is getting JII refurb, WOL replacement, and maybe something to the WS. MGM is getting big time TLC with all the Pixar stuff we have discussed, Star Tours 2.0 (ST is the ride in most need of TLC IMO), and maybe some updates to Indy. But what about AK? Most of us have heard the rumor of Rivers of Light parade either being a land or water parade on the river but not all that much else in the rumor department. I say BK might be on the way IMHO. All the pieces are lining up for it. Pocahontas is on the way out, leaving CMM with one show and some little MeetnGreats, the land south of CMM is cleared and ready for construction from when the park was built (check it out on google earth), and it would be the perfect BIG addition to detract from HP at IOA. And while I love FotLK I'd much rather see BK and Dragon's Tower but if they really wanted to keep it they could just build a theater in Africa and seamlessly implement the M&G around the rest of the park.

I know it sounds crazy but hey why not. Just my 2 cents.:wave:

Ok since we are on the whole coming attractions to WDW subject let me bring up the rumor that never dies.....Beastly Kingdom!

Ok now don't sharpen your pitchforks and light the torches just yet. Hear me out on this because I have some reasons on why it has a chance.

All of this is coinciding with WDW's 40th anniversary so around 2011/12ish.(Keep in mind these are mostly rumors currently) MK is getting the LM ride from DCA supposedly, WALL E in TL (if not in PP), possibly a Space refurb?:shrug: Epcot is getting JII refurb, WOL replacement, and maybe something to the WS. MGM is getting big time TLC with all the Pixar stuff we have discussed, Star Tours 2.0 (ST is the ride in most need of TLC IMO), and maybe some updates to Indy. But what about AK? Most of us have heard the rumor of Rivers of Light parade either being a land or water parade on the river but not all that much else in the rumor department. I say BK might be on the way IMHO. All the pieces are lining up for it. Pocahontas is on the way out, leaving CMM with one show and some little MeetnGreats, the land south of CMM is cleared and ready for construction from when the park was built (check it out on google earth), and it would be the perfect BIG addition to detract from HP at IOA. And while I love FotLK I'd much rather see BK and Dragon's Tower but if they really wanted to keep it they could just build a theater in Africa and seamlessly implement the M&G around the rest of the park.

I know it sounds crazy but hey why not. Just my 2 cents.:wave:

I would be stunned if disney had half of that stuff listed finished by the 40th anniversary. Happily stunned though.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Inverted? What will it be like Rugrat's Runaway Reptar at Kings Island? That's the only family style inverted coaster I can think of that can be used.

bork

Inverted coasters have the cars hanging below the track, where your feet dangle (like Montu at Busch Gardens, or Batman at Six Flags). They usually have inversions (i.e. loops), but I guess they wouldn't have to.

I'm wondering how an inverted coaster and "family friendly" go together? The inverted coasters I've seen usually have a 54" height requirement. RnR has the highest requirement at WDW at 48".

I'm not sure how tall Soundstage 1 is, but Batman at Six Flags is 100 feet tall. Montu is 150 feet. RnR is 80 feet tall and that Soundstage appears quite a bit bigger than Soundstage 1.

coasterphil

If it is going to be a Vekoma (which is the most likely scenario) than I sure hope they can work some magic because their other suspended coasters are terribly rough. Both the looping SLCs and the non looping ones like Rugrat's beat my head up pretty badly.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

^Ya, that's what I am thinking because of the whole Vekoma thing. Plus, the coaster does go a pretty good speed that is good for a little bit of thrills and you could get a good look at the theming. If you can get a good look a theming on RnRC then I bet this will be pretty good. Hopefully they get a unique layout and make a little bit smoother.

bork

It would have to be a unique layout, since 650 riders per hour won't cut it. They'd need at least 3 trains, I would think.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hope when they build the ride that they intend to use quenched and tempered alloy steel, metric heavy hex structural bolts with a tensile strength of around 1040 to 1210 MPa.

After all these bolts are intended for use in structural connections comparable to those covered under the requirements of the Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM A 325 and A 490 bolts, approved by the Research Council on Structural Connections; endorsed by the American Institute of Steel Construction and by the Industrial Fastener Institute. Ideal for use on steel coasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom