The DC Comics Film Thread

Mike S

Tony Perkis

I guess it makes sense since this movie isn’t part of the DCEU but if I end up loving it and there’s never a movie where he goes against his own Batman I’ll feel a bit bad about that.

At your own risk.

The kid in the trailers is Bruce Wayne

I know it's just a "comic book" movie on the surface, but I hope the right people see Joker next month and really take into account the underlying message in it. We have enough Arthur Flecks in this world being abused, stepped on, and constantly chasing the unreachable carrot on a stick, as the privileged sit back and laugh at them. What we need are more Jokers who are unafraid of the privileged. I hope this becomes much more than just a movie.

Mike S

I know it's just a "comic book" movie on the surface, but I hope the right people see Joker next month and really take into account the underlying message in it. We have enough Arthur Flecks in this world being abused, stepped on, and constantly chasing the unreachable carrot on a stick, as the privileged sit back and laugh at them. What we need are more Jokers who are unafraid of the privileged. I hope this becomes much more than just a movie.
I’ll start right now. Where’s some clown makeup and a bank to rob? ;)

The Grand Inquisitor

I’ll start right now. Where’s some clown makeup and a bank to rob? ;)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Jeffrey Wright in Talks to Play Commissioner Gordon in ‘The Batman’; Jonah Hill Playing a Villain?

I swear to god if Jonah Hill is playing Riddler, I very may well boycott this movie. Jonah Hill is a horrendous actor and should be nowhere near a movie like this.

mf1972

Jeffrey Wright in Talks to Play Commissioner Gordon in ‘The Batman’; Jonah Hill Playing a Villain?

I swear to god if Jonah Hill is playing Riddler, I very may well boycott this movie. Jonah Hill is a horrendous actor and should be nowhere near a movie like this.
i can see him as penguin, but not a fan of his & not thrilled possibly being in the movie. no problem with jeffrey wright. not a bad actor.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Mike S

I feel like they're hoping a shooting will happen so they can say "SEE?! THIS MOVIE DOES INCITE VIOLENCE!!!!!!"
They’ll blame anything these days lol.

Tony Perkis

I feel like they're hoping a shooting will happen so they can say "SEE?! THIS MOVIE DOES INCITE VIOLENCE!!!!!!"
Do you really think a single (sane) person wants violence to happen?

Don’t get me wrong; it will happen because Trump incels are horrific embarrassments to society, but you thinking that people are rooting for this to happen is disgusting. You should be embarrassed for that opinion.

Last edited:

Mike S

Do you really think a single (sane) person wants violence will happen?

Don’t get me wrong; it will happen because Trump incels are horrific embarrassments to society, but you thinking that people are rooting for this to happen is disgusting. You should be embarrassed for that opinion.
Take it to the politics forum.

Tony Perkis

Mike S

I don’t blame them. There is a message being spread about worries regarding the content of the film that’ll eventually become a self fulfilling prophecy, and entertainment media has been a bit irresponsible spreading.
That’s what happens when people make it their job to make everything political and can’t just let entertainment be entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom