The DAK Eticket: Forbidden Mountain

no2apprentice

If that does turn out to be true, it makes sense, since Steve reported that it is going to be built in Asia. The themeing stays consistent.

In the meantime, it's hurry up and wait...:animwink:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by no2apprentice
If that does turn out to be true, it makes sense, since Steve reported that it is going to be built in Asia. The themeing stays consistent.

Yep, and it would also have an "Animal" theme. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. :)

roysta123

I asked a worker at one man's dream about the new ride in AK and she called the cm hotline and told me that Disney was offered the Dueling Dragons roller coaster but they passed on it. Universal took it. Disney then realized that they needed more coasters so they are in the process of clearing land and developing a new coaster.

Erika

Originally posted by Lord Alfred
I'm sorry guys, but Beastly Kingdom is a dumb name and I hope that they change it to something else. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept and the idea, but they should name it Fantastic Kingdom or something.

Beastly makes me think of "The Beast" or Satan. So a Beastly Kingdom would be something akin to hell. Or it reminds me of Mrs. Beakly from Disney's DuckTales. Or the "roast beast" from the Grinch.

I dunno. I just hate that name.

Tale as old as time...song as old as rhyme...Beauty and Roast Beast.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by roysta123
I asked a worker at one man's dream about the new ride in AK and she called the cm hotline and told me that Disney was offered the Dueling Dragons roller coaster but they passed on it. Universal took it. Disney then realized that they needed more coasters so they are in the process of clearing land and developing a new coaster.

And you want us to belive that pilef crap because of what?

DD was supposed to be in AK in the form of a dragon coaster with AA's and everything. But due to cuts and layoffs, the Imagineers working on it had to dump the idea and some were fired. Then they headed on over to Universal Creative, saw they had a mytical place in IoA, and they developed the idea there. Disney and Universal don't auction off ideas from thrid partys. They create their own ideas.

ryanhoov

Originally posted by garyhoov
I apologize if this has already been discussed (if it has, I missed it), but Screamscape is reporting that Forbidden Mountain will have a Yeti theme.

That would be awesome!

Maria

Originally posted by roysta123

Did you really believe that the cm hotline would say somethig like that?

All I heard was that Islands of Adventure was designed with some former imagineers hired now by Universal. That, I believe, but I highly doubt a cm would say something like that and start a rumor about land being cleared to build rollercoasters to beat IoA.

:animwink:

jmarc63

Originally posted by Maria
Did you really believe that the cm hotline would say somethig like that?

All I heard was that Islands of Adventure was designed with some former imagineers hired now by Universal. That, I believe, but I highly doubt a cm would say something like that and start a rumor about land being cleared to build rollercoasters to beat IoA.

:animwink:

Who knows??? she could have been another rumor monger from Disney or she could have been a very dedicated CM helping satisify a guest. Who Knows??

Scar Junior

I believe a good majority of these rumors. Some I look at and know are wrong due to newer info and rumors that have come out. (ex: It will not have multiple tracks like originally thought). There is half truth to some of these rumors. I doubt people would just make it up out of no where that they have pictures of concepts, or know what the ride is. To do that a person would have to be pretty sick...

Sketch105

Well, since rumours have been picking up lately, I'm slightly open to the fact that this "Forbidden Mountain" will truly be coming about.

However, I have a problem with the theming.

Animal Kingdom is tropic park. All the lands have a tropic theme to them. Asia specifically has a rainforest-and-ruin-temple thing going for it.

Recently, people have said that the Yeti will be involved.

If you're a mythological creature fanatic, you'll know that Yeti is the "abominable" snow creature. It lives in a snow covered area.

Yes, there are cold climates in Asia, however...how do you make an tropical land suddenly turn into a mountainous winter haven for the Asian version of the sasquatch?

I just don't see this Forbidden mountain in my mind. Please Michelle...release the picture!!!!!

historymystery

Account Suspended
Am i the only one who knows what movie the forbidden mountain is off of? Maleficent was said to live on the forbidden mountain. they should build a villains area in one of the parks. Unless it is going to be used for Maleficent I don't think they should name it forbidden mountain. Unless there are dragons and she controls them or something because she turned into a dragon. So... Well i don't know just my opinion.:D

jcrb

Now when is Disney supose to Green Light it ? or have they already done it - If they already green lighted this project then when is it to debue

no2apprentice

Originally posted by Sketch105
Yes, there are cold climates in Asia, however...how do you make an tropical land suddenly turn into a mountainous winter haven for the Asian version of the sasquatch?
Actually, "Asia" is quite a large land mass, including some sub-continents and island chains.

Here is the definition of "asia" according to Merriam-Webster:
"continent of the eastern hemisphere N of equator forming a single landmass with Europe (the conventional dividing line between Asia & Europe being the Ural Mountains & main range of the Caucasus Mountains); has numerous large offshore islands including Cyprus, Sri Lanka, Malay Archipelago, Taiwan, the Japanese chain, & Sakhalin"

Obviously, this would easily take in the Himalayas. They could have an attraction about Godzilla, and Asia would be the correct land to put it in.:lol:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Actually, "Asia" is quite a large land mass, including some sub-continents and island chains.

Here is the definition of "asia" according to Merriam-Webster:
"continent of the eastern hemisphere N of equator forming a single landmass with Europe (the conventional dividing line between Asia & Europe being the Ural Mountains & main range of the Caucasus Mountains); has numerous large offshore islands including Cyprus, Sri Lanka, Malay Archipelago, Taiwan, the Japanese chain, & Sakhalin"

Obviously, this would easily take in the Himalayas. They could have an attraction about Godzilla, and Asia would be the correct land to put it in.:lol:
I don't think that is what sketch meant. He means that while yes, there are cold climates in Asia, it wouldn't fit with the current setting they chose for Asia in Animal Kingdom. What with Kali and the whole tropical theme.... something with snow on it might seem a little strange. Although I would point out that mountains often have snow on the top despite warm climate at ground level. So I guess it IS possible.

no2apprentice

In that context, I think that the sudden contrast in terrains might enhance the experience. Sort of like the contrast of Mount Kilimanjaro against the plains of Africa.

Hey! Another theme for an E-ride "mountain" in Africa. In seach of King Solomon's lost mines.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom