The DAK Eticket: Forbidden Mountain

Sketch105

I think the rumour has no value in reality. I need to see a concept painting or a model for this one before I can believe it. At least we have proof that Beastly Kingdom did exist at one point.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by twistedmickey
This sounds to me like a Journey to the Center of the Earth clone. If it is it will be a great addition to a lame park. :wave:

A little off-topic: Are you saying the "Asia" part of Animal Kingdom is lame or Animal Kingdom in general?

RozFan

I'm one of those "weird" people, I love AK! I could spend all day just watching the animals and walking through all the vegitation.

AK is vera beautimus!

DisneyKrazed

Im the opposite. When I see AK all I see is a zoo and some animals that I handly everyday at work (not elephants or anything big. Like birds and ground animals). AK only last a half day for me,

jrashadb

Originally posted by Katherine
I think this whole things sounds so exciting! I also think that putting it in the same area as KRR is a mistake because crowds will be so crowded there.

Well, look at it like this...
ToT, RnRC and Fantasmic are all on Sunset Blvd. in the Disney Studios and the crowds are handled fairly well... I think it will be fine. i'm sure they won't let the crowds get out of hand.
What they should do is make moving from one part of that park to another easier... but, that's another story for another day...

MKingdom25

Originally posted by RozFan
I'm one of those "weird" people, I love AK! I could spend all day just watching the animals and walking through all the vegitation.

I am one of those weird people too RozFan. I think zoos/anmial parks are great and think they are very interesting to watch. I even think about from time to time working at a zoo. Only bad part about AK is that since most of it outside I get hotter quicker. But hey I am from Texas so I can handle it! :lol:

no2apprentice

For those of us who saw the WDI special on the Travel Channel, remember the large, four legged, walking audioanimatronic design the imagineers were playing with? Maybe we'll see that incorporated into Forbidden Mountain. A dragon, maybe? Asia, dragons...get it?

I can dream, can't I?:animwink:

WDWspider

Originally posted by no2apprentice
For those of us who saw the WDI special on the Travel Channel, remember the large, four legged, walking audioanimatronic design the imagineers were playing with? Maybe we'll see that incorporated into Forbidden Mountain. A dragon, maybe? Asia, dragons...get it?

I can dream, can't I?:animwink:

I do believe we will see that Robot appear in something within the next five years, it will be interesting to see in what though.

Poncho1973

Originally posted by Sketch105
I think the rumour has no value in reality. I need to see a concept painting or a model for this one before I can believe it. At least we have proof that Beastly Kingdom did exist at one point.

I've seen it. Obviously, I can't pass it on... but I have seen the concept artwork for the Mt.

Poncho1973

Originally posted by happy snapper

And Ive just seen Elvis, smokin a tab on the grassy knoll.:dazzle:

It's 100% OK if you don't believe me. I don't need your approval, nor do I request it. I was simply stating that I have seen the concept art. I value my job more than you being my #1 fan. I was simply stating that it DOES exist. Although almost every single idea people talk about has some sort of concept art... and concept art does not an attraction make.

Lee

Adventurer
Personally, I don't see this as being a Journey to the Center of the Earth Clone. From the description, the ride will be only 25% indoors. Journey is almost all indoors, with a bit at the end taking place outside the mountain.

I suspect it will be more coaster based, with strong show elements at the beginning before really taking off. There was some talk of multiple powered launches to move you from scene to scene, and I like the sound of that. I don't like the idea of an inverted coaster for this though, too tough to see.

But, we'll see....

ArsonWinter

I would like to see a Coaster with some sort of Haunted Mansion-like pre-show. Think about it. That would be cool, if they did that, because it could throw people off (I heard someone say this the last time we were at the HM in WDW: "I thought this was a roller coaster, not an elevator ride.") It would completly throw people off, and make them forget it was a roller coaster.

Alright, that's more irrelavant offtopicisim.

Anyway, Forbidden Mt. should not be an actual mountian. Mountians don't belong outside of the main parks (DL, MK, DLP, TDL, um, er, HKD... is that what we're calling it? I'm not in the know.). Just make it LOOK like a huge mountian, but don't make it one. OR build like like it's sinking? OR build it 1/2 the size, and make it a ride for infants! Er....

Goofster

i think it should difinitely be called a "Mountain", there's no reason mountains should only be in the magic kingdoms, the mountain name will add some of that thrilling quality.

Katherine

I agree with u goofster! I think people will be drawen to a mountain because of the reputation they get. I also think that the AA would be awesome! To have like people or animals walking around in scenes, that would rock! I hope it's as good as we all want it to be!

beastley kingdom has concept art floating around out there also..
but of course hence the name concept...i think it's going to be cool...its what the park needs..

Well we know that the new attraction for DAK is not going to be in Beastly Kingdom. Disney is not going to build another area of the park with the park doing as poor as it is. They need to focus on the lands they have now and add to them. I hope its not a mountain. The mountains should be left at the MK. Maybe it will be hidden mines that we explore and get chased by some hideous monster? Dont know but as long as its not a mountain!!!!!! :kiss:

jrashadb

Y'know...

There seem to be some folks around here that would oppose a new ride in AK being called a "Mountain," but does anyone have a problem with the ride being in a land calles Beatsly Kingdom?
I mean, to call a land a kindgom is a little strange, don't you think?

just a thought... :D

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by jrashadb
Y'know...

There seem to be some folks around here that would oppose a new ride in AK being called a "Mountain," but does anyone have a problem with the ride being in a land calles Beatsly Kingdom?
I mean, to call a land a kindgom is a little strange, don't you think?

just a thought... :D

I totally agree bud...NO WAY should a land be called a "KINGDOM"
I've said this before in another thread...It should've been called like "Mystic Isle" or something like that.

Merlin0402

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting the old dragon's tower ride from beastly kingdom rethemed with Asian dragons instead of European ones. This would be cost-effective since the designs and everything are already done, and if something is cheaper to do, Disney will do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom