13. True
14. True
15. False
16. False
17. True
18. False

SirNim

LeaveALegacyGuy......

You have 12 correct and 6 incorrect. You are the closest yet! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Great job! :D

General Grizz

Original Poster
1. FALSE
2. FALSE
3. FALSE
4. TRUE
5. FALSE
6. FALSE
7. TRUE
8. TRUE
9. TRUE
10. FALSE
11. TRUE
12. TRUE
13. FALSE
14. TRUE
15. FALSE
16. FALSE
17. TRUE
18. FALSE

SirNim

15 correct, 3 incorrect!

WINNER!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

*rings a bell*

Grizz... your turn to host the next round! :D

SirNim

ANSWERS:

1. The "Hydrolators" in Epcot's "The Living Seas" descend only two feet.
FALSE – descend one to two inches.
2. WET Design created the Fountain of Nations in Innoventions Plaza.
TRUE – also created leap frog fountains in Imagination! Pavilion as well as the fountains in DD.
3. Miyuki is one of two female Japanese candy artists.
FALSE – she is the ONLY female.
4. Cinderella's Golden Carrousel was built in 1918.
FALSE - 1917
5. Cinderella Castle is heavily based on Neuschwanstein Castle.
FALSE – Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle is heavily based on this castle.
6. On Kali River Rapids, you traverse the Kali River.
FALSE – Chakrandi River
7. The largest Hidden Mickey on WDW property is formed in front of the Mann's Chinese Theater replica (The Great Movie Ride) in Disney-MGM Studios.
TRUE
8. Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf opened in 1996.
TRUE
9. Russell Brower composed and arranged songs for WDW, including the Future World Theme and The Living Seas theme.
TRUE
10. About 24 stave churches like the one in the Norway pavilion survive today.
TRUE
11. There really is a San Angel Inn in Mexico and an Alfredo's of Rome in Rome, Italy.
TRUE
12. One of the "mottos" or "slogans" of Disney's BoardWalk is "Sensation of the shore!"
TRUE
13. Lago Francisco is the name of the 15-acre lake in the middle of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
FALSE – Lago Dorado
14. The South Seas Luau was Disney's Polynesian (Village) Resort's first entertainment show.
TRUE
15. The Disney Inn became the Golf Resort Hotel became Shades of Green.
FALSE – GRH became TDI became SOG
16. Between 1971 and 1993, Oscan Meyer was the sponsor of the Magic Kingdom's Market House (later name changed to the Yankee Trader).
FALSE – Smuckers sponsored it.
17. The bridge to Adventureland was originally supposed to have been a covered bridge.
TRUE
18. In Epcot, the Stargate Restaurant was replaced by Fountainview Cafe.
FALSE – Stargate was replaced be the Electric Umbrella.
:)

WDWspider

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
ANSWERS:

7. The largest Hidden Mickey on WDW property is formed in front of the Mann's Chinese Theater replica (The Great Movie Ride) in Disney-MGM Studios.
TRUE

Although I did not know enough to answer, I was curious how you would answer this one... I say this is now false. More than ever with the Hat Icon.

LeaveALegacyGuy

Originally posted by spider-man
Although I did not know enough to answer, I was curious how you would answer this one... I say this is now false. More than ever with the Hat Icon.

Well, I have seen on the disney official site that the largest mickey is still with the Great Movie Ride.
"Hollywood Boulevard culminates in the biggest Hidden Mickey on record! The oval planter in front of the Chinese Theater is actually his nose and Echo Lake is his left ear. Hold the Theme Park Guidemap upside down to appreciate the aerial view." - Walt Disney World official site.

WDWspider

Originally posted by LeaveALegacyGuy
Well, I have seen on the disney official site that the largest mickey is still with the Great Movie Ride.
"Hollywood Boulevard culminates in the biggest Hidden Mickey on record! The oval planter in front of the Chinese Theater is actually his nose and Echo Lake is his left ear. Hold the Theme Park Guidemap upside down to appreciate the aerial view." - Walt Disney World official site.

Regardless... the illusion is being destroyed little by little. It only looks like an ear now a days, the left ear has been iffy for quite some time now and the mouth area is totally ruined since 100 YoM. You can count it if you want, but for me the biggest hidden Mickey is elsewhere.

General Grizz

Original Poster
First person to reach 13 correct - or, if under, most correct - by THIS FRIDAY gets the next chance!

1. The oldest official Disney villain on record is ‘Peg Leg Pete.’
2. Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear Audio-Animatronics premiered in the Magic Kingdom in 1971.
3. World of Motion had over 180 Animatronics Figures.
4. Walt Disney’s EPCOT TV Special first aired after his death in Winter Park, Florida.
5. The first 3-D cartoon, sound cartoon, and color cartoon were made by Walt Disney and his staff.
6. The original voice of Ludwig Von Drake is also the voice of the Ghost Host in the Haunted Mansion!
7. The first film made and presented (mainly) in stereo was Walt Disney’s Fantasia.
8. The World of Motion TransCenter had more photos taken in it than any other place in Walt Disney World by 1996.
9. The Country Bear Jamboree was originally going to have Phil Harris, the voice of Baloo, provide the voice for Henry, the master of ceremonies.
10. The lines to ‘Oedipus Rex’ can be heard in EPCOT’s Future World.
11. In 1971, the Mickey Mouse Audio-Animatronics Figure featured in the Mickey Mouse revue was the most complicated of all figures to date.
12. The Fire Truck that appears at the end of Muppet Vision has Cinderella’s Castle on its license plate.
13. In ‘If You Had Wings,’ the sections from the globe up to Mexico City became three-dimensional scenes rendered in pop-up book style in Dreamflight.
14. The original Journey into Imagination attraction had more special effects than any other attraction by the time of its opening.
15. The Carousel of Progress was the only attraction that Walt Disney told his Imagineers to keep as long as his parks existed.
16. The film Walt Disney claimed to have been his favorite was ‘So Dear to My Heart.’
17. The total amount of fire damage in Walt Disney World’s history is less than the usual cost of a regular house fire.
18. The current voice of Figment is David Golez, who also voices Gonzo.

LeaveALegacyGuy

Ok.. I guess I'll be the first one to take a stab at it.
1. False
2. True
3. False
4. False
5. True
6. True
7. True
8. True
9. False
10. False
11. False
12. True
13. True
14. False
15. True
16. False
17. True
18. True

WDWspider

1. T
2. F
3. T
4. F
5. F
6. T
7. T
8. F
9. T
10. T
11. T
12. F
13. T
14. T
15. T
16. F
17. T
18. T

I only knew like three of them. I doubt I did well. :(

General Grizz

Original Poster
1. The oldest official Disney villain on record is ‘Peg Leg Pete.’
True! He first appeared in the Alice comedies.

2. Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear Audio-Animatronics premiered in the Magic Kingdom in 1971.
True. There were AAs of all three in the Mickey Mouse Revue.

3. World of Motion had over 180 Animatronics Figures.
Correct. To be precise, 188.

4. Walt Disney’s EPCOT TV Special first aired after his death in Winter Park, Florida.
Correct. Unfortunately, EPCOT (the city) never came to pass.

5. The first 3-D cartoon, sound cartoon, and color cartoon were made by Walt Disney and his staff.
Correct! 'Adventures in Music', 'Steamboat Willie', and 'Flowers and Trees' are these academy-award winning shorts.

6. The original voice of Ludwig Von Drake is also the voice of the Ghost Host in the Haunted Mansion!
True. This would be Paul Frees!

7. The first film made and presented (mainly) in stereo was Walt Disney’s Fantasia.
Correct. Listen to the soundtrack; they went WILD!

8. The World of Motion TransCenter had more photos taken in it than any other place in Walt Disney World by 1996.
This is actually true.

9. The Country Bear Jamboree was originally going to have Phil Harris, the voice of Baloo, provide the voice for Henry, the master of ceremonies.
True.

10. The lines to ‘Oedipus Rex’ can be heard in EPCOT’s Future World.
Check Spaceship Earth, this is true: THE THEATER WAS BORN.

11. In 1971, the Mickey Mouse Audio-Animatronics Figure featured in the Mickey Mouse revue was the most complicated of all figures to date.
Correct. Abe Lincoln was the second most.

12. The Fire Truck that appears at the end of Muppet Vision has Cinderella’s Castle on its license plate.
True! Look very carefully.

13. In ‘If You Had Wings,’ the sections from the globe up to Mexico City became three-dimensional scenes rendered in pop-up book style in Dreamflight.
This is correct.

14. The original Journey into Imagination attraction had more special effects than any other attraction by the time of its opening.
Correct! Now it probably has the least. :rolleyes:

15. The Carousel of Progress was the only attraction that Walt Disney told his Imagineers to keep as long as his parks existed.
Correct. Sad it was closed on his birthday, huh?

16. The film Walt Disney claimed to have been his favorite was ‘So Dear to My Heart.’
True. Hasn't been on video for years...

17. The total amount of fire damage in Walt Disney World’s history is less than the usual cost of a regular house fire.
True! Cool, huh?

18. The current voice of Figment is David Golez, who also voices Gonzo.
Goelz, but yes, all of you said true. And it's true!

That's right ALL WERE TRUE!

Nimajneb gets the next turn - he got 14 right!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom