Trip Report The countdown just hit zero - We’re in Disney right now!

Greetings fellow Disney lovers and welcome one and all to this happy place. As the title suggests I am in Florida right now, living the dream

Some of you will know me but for those of you who don't let's have a quick introduction as my 17 night trip has already started. Yes you read that right - 17 nights - whoooooo. Hoooooooo.

Me - Tracey - I absolutely love Disney, my house is covered in Disney - my first night in POR will see me spending 300 nights in my favourite place - I live in a bubble and the outside world frustrates me in terms of horrible, violent people but that's another story and not one for my trip report.

Chris - my husband, best friend and my rock. We've been married for 21 years and we still laugh and joke with each other. He never wanted to go to Disney but now his hooked - love me, love Disney!

We're in Florida from the UK for our 21st trip - I am fortunate to be able to afford this every year but I'm still jealous of all my American friends who can get cheap flights over regularly (and this who now live here) - this trip alone with overnight at a hotel before our flight, car parking, Disney, Kennedy and Universal tickets, car hire and hotel cost us in excess of £4000

It's a substantial amount of money but hey, the amount of memories we create we really don't mind and why we can afford it we will go......

C6B397CF-D368-43A2-A910-5B25D0BD3E94.jpeg

Here we are last year.

This TR might be a little different from my last 3 - I’ve previously done daily updating every night which at times has seen me spending all day in the park and then writing till well beyond midnight. Those of you who have done TR’s will know the time they take (it’s certainly a commitment but we all do it to share our stories and our love of Disney so others can live through it all and help with Disney blues or countdowns to their own trips)

I’ve not had a holiday or break from work since March so I just need to chill!

That said since I’ve been here I’ve been writing every day (but not posted) - so our trip - so far - will be easy to post (as I’ll just copy and paste) and add photos of course!

After that though who knows as we’ll be into the Disney park part of our holiday (more about that shortly)

We’ll just see what happens and and I’ll update when I can for those of you who want to read it!

All aboard!

Longers

Original Poster
We stayed to watch illuminations - but found a different spot to the one we usually stay in - just next to America - we really liked it from here and there were less people too.

03692E7F-D052-4A44-BA54-8444619B2B22.jpeg

469A535A-4555-4525-9C1B-014FBE82798C.jpeg

3C7A6393-C207-4599-B817-EC4C62A505E9.jpeg

320FA25D-7AEC-4064-A28B-A6AF4A63F313.jpeg

C8974CA6-8555-4020-8E69-0B5BB061CEAB.jpeg

6F40B44B-A9CA-439A-8592-1D28C9220012.jpeg

509AA63D-AF6F-433A-81DC-E3A0303990D7.jpeg

4455AFA0-9AF8-4B75-ABB2-60CC3481DFEC.jpeg

We took a very slow stroll round to the exit of the park listening to the hailer shailer music - or that’s what we call it (they used to play it at the tapestry of nations parade they used to do around world showcase) so that brings back memories of our very first trip to Disney.

We left the park at 9.45pm and headed home, content that we had filled another day to the max. :D

I’ve been updating since we got back to the room and it’s now 11.23pm so I’m off to sleep - I have more memories to make tomorrow.

Night

Longers

Original Poster
School kept me super busy this week. Thankfully it's the weekend and I am all caught up! First of all, thanks for the shout out! I am jealous of the nearly empty Universal. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I really enjoyed the ones of HEA. I am so glad that so many people who loved Wishes have been won over by HEA. It gives me hope that I will love it, too. I'm really looking forward to seeing Pandora. Your photos are stunning. Great choice on your new camera! Can't wait to see what's next!!

I thought you’d appreciate the Universal pictures :)
We are certainly won over by HEA - I was a little worried I wouldn’t like the change but it’s certainly a change for the better.
You won’t be disappointed with Pandora - even though there are only 2 rides it’s just beautiful.
And thanks for the comments re the pictures - I’m certainly loving the new camera and considering it’s the size of a pocket one it’s working out just great both in terms of pictures and the fact I’m not carrying a big camera around and I can get through the no bag line at the parks!
There’s still a few more days photos to come!

coachwnh

@blgauger - have you decided where you are going today? We are headed to HS just for FP this morning - not sure re later. We don’t have anything to check messages in the park (phones etc). But I think we will be back in the room at some point today so I can check then - would be lovely to try to say hi while we are here even if just for a few minutes.

Hope you guys get to meet up! Have a great day.

LSV

I've been lurking so far, but I have to tell you your photos are lovely. The special effects are really interesting, thanks for sharing. Also, I too do not care for Fantasmic, but I really liked the River Journey, FOP not so much because the glasses didn't fit and kept slipping off.

blreinsel

You've captured so many stunning and creative pictures this trip! I especially love your HEA and Pandora ones. :inlove:

@blgauger - have you decided where you are going today? We are headed to HS just for FP this morning - not sure re later. We don’t have anything to check messages in the park (phones etc). But I think we will be back in the room at some point today so I can check then - would be lovely to try to say hi while we are here even if just for a few minutes.

I have some errands to run this morning and then will be heading to MK this afternoon for a few hours. We have plans this evening (around 7pm), so I'll probably be at MK until 6ish depending on how tolerant of the crowds I am today. ;) Let me know if you'd like to meet up! I'll check back here as much as I can! :)

Tiggertoo56

We stayed to watch illuminations - but found a different spot to the one we usually stay in - just next to America - we really liked it from here and there were less people too.

View attachment 245137

View attachment 245138

View attachment 245139

View attachment 245140

View attachment 245141

View attachment 245142

View attachment 245143

View attachment 245144

We took a very slow stroll round to the exit of the park listening to the hailer shailer music - or that’s what we call it (they used to play it at the tapestry of nations parade they used to do around world showcase) so that brings back memories of our very first trip to Disney.

We left the park at 9.45pm and headed home, content that we had filled another day to the max. :D

I’ve been updating since we got back to the room and it’s now 11.23pm so I’m off to sleep - I have more memories to make tomorrow.

Night
I love the 'hailer shailer' music - Tapestry of Nation's was my favourite parade from the second time we visited - can't believe it was so long ago now.:( but lots more new parades to see.:joyfull::joyfull:

Minnesota disney fan

Chiming in! Love the Pandora pictures. We can't wait to see it in person end of Feb/ first of March. Only a afew months away, so your wonderful pictures are a big help in waiting:) We look forward to reading your daily reports, so thanks so much for that. :) Ruth

Longers

Original Poster
You've captured so many stunning and creative pictures this trip! I especially love your HEA and Pandora ones. :inlove:

I have some errands to run this morning and then will be heading to MK this afternoon for a few hours. We have plans this evening (around 7pm), so I'll probably be at MK until 6ish depending on how tolerant of the crowds I am today. ;) Let me know if you'd like to meet up! I'll check back here as much as I can! :)

Great we are going to head to MK this afternoon - leaving around 5 from our resort so we could meet you near the fire station - let me know! It would be great to say hello

Longers

Original Poster
Calories do not count at Disney. That’s what I’m telling myself for next week!

They definitely don’t - I wish I had bought more trousers though in the size up - everything is getting tight!

I've been lurking so far, but I have to tell you your photos are lovely. The special effects are really interesting, thanks for sharing. Also, I too do not care for Fantasmic, but I really liked the River Journey, FOP not so much because the glasses didn't fit and kept slipping off.

Thank you - I am glad you are enjoying them.
I agree with the FOP glasses - someone asked if there were smaller ones for children but was told no - maybe they might look at re designing them at some point.

I love the 'hailer shailer' music - Tapestry of Nation's was my favourite parade from the second time we visited - can't believe it was so long ago now.:( but lots more new parades to see.:joyfull::joyfull:

It does seem ages ago but that music always brings a smile to our faces :)

Chiming in! Love the Pandora pictures. We can't wait to see it in person end of Feb/ first of March. Only a afew months away, so your wonderful pictures are a big help in waiting:) We look forward to reading your daily reports, so thanks so much for that. :) Ruth

You won’t be disappointed! And glad you are seeing through here as I haven’t posted any on Facebook etc

I love your pictures. The last picture of the Tree of Life is so cool. What kind of camera do you have?

Thank you - I have a Sony rx100 Mark 3 - I am loving some of the modes on it to capture different shots - I haven’t even tried them all out yet.
It’s handy as it does all the things of professional cameras but fits in a tiny case which means it’s really easy to take out rather than the bigger cameras with all the lenses

Longers

Original Poster
Saturday 18th November

Today we were headed to HS

2E84B7F1-5B6D-4BAD-AC73-51BE743A0DB3.jpeg

We had a star tours FP and took this selfie old school!
I say that as our new camera has a flip screen which means you can see yourself to do selfies on a 3 second countdown - it’s good to see we haven’t lost our touch

A15AD801-40F2-4062-BE2A-4580C3AC9752.jpeg

We then headed to TSMM

712AC0D0-AA35-4BC9-9A46-CC94F77DF8F2.jpeg

BAB2F75D-BD90-455D-8174-C39BE5CB87C7.jpeg

I think this is the first time Chris has beaten me and best in vehicles - to say he was buzzing is an understatement

DAF653D2-1880-486F-8DD9-1700248B3C2B.jpeg

We took a few pictures as I know this entrance is moving into toy story land when it’s completed

1B8993E8-2ACF-472B-A009-87C702859E08.jpeg

D6DCCCC2-D9A5-4632-B933-C6BDAA184AAD.jpeg

Also

4C3EF510-C99B-465F-885A-3BFB06710104.jpeg

7469C9E0-2474-4354-96BA-1301C6AC7073.jpeg

B2B2F2A8-A883-410A-9200-5C2A192612C4.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
We had a wander around in the sunshine and even did the Xmas tree trail - here are just a few of them

1BB1DFFF-3C50-4CA8-952B-59E8FDB6AC00.jpeg

3D3D6234-FAC5-4DF7-972B-761BEA25A6CC.jpeg

9EABC293-772D-4A66-BE74-DD0E7F39263D.jpeg

446478D2-02CE-493A-AFE5-6F5464A8C7AA.jpeg

B93FB82E-0385-475F-B49F-718E09CA0598.jpeg

745E0117-2F3A-49FD-B261-6E71086AE1B7.jpeg

5F6F3337-A2B0-41F7-8E97-0405048B169C.jpeg

We went to Ghirdelli to use some of our snack/meal credits - useful to know you can use on any chocolate bars - and I wouldn’t have known this without hearing someone else ask the other day - this should last us!

7F076CB4-3869-4D17-8865-69F2E414B88B.jpeg

Then as us English do we headed to MCDonalds! Even though we have meals to eat that’s what I fancied.

3B078E10-4AD3-4AD4-BE36-496B599D6F93.jpeg

We’re now back in the room - here is some of our window decoration!

EC8C8849-3966-4B5B-8EE7-B8FAEAB127D3.jpeg

We’re going to pop to Magic Kingdom to see how busy it is and might wait for HEA - I guess we’ll see when we get there -

we’re expecting everything to be pretty busy now right up to when we leave due to thanksgiving so we’ll just take everything easy now knowing we’ve done the bits we wanted to do

I’ll update the rest of today when I can....... and once it happens ... lol

Longers

Original Poster
I think it’s cute that you’ve worn your hair in a ponytail every day since Chris originally fixed one for you.

He was a little bit upset I did it myself this morning - its falling out a bit so need clips but not going to worry about that now! It’s been cooler too as it’s been off my neck - I have asked him what his going to do next!

12in12

For a second I thought you had knocked over the Jenga Tower but then I realised it was the reflection in the mirror.:oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom