Trip Report The completely magical Babymoon and "It's a ...?" trip report

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Last edited:

JillC LI

Love love love your gender reveal. And wonderful trip report. Enjoy every second with that little boy of yours. They grow up so fast. I can remember like yesterday when mine was toddling around speaking in a high-pitched voice, and now he's a teenager, taller than me with a deep voice. But he still has moments when I know he's mommy's boy. The other day we had an argument (as often happens with teenagers) but we made up, and he asked me to come up to his room to kiss him good night at bedtime. When I did, he said, "I hope you know how much I appreciate everything you do for me and how grateful I am that you're my mom." Could you just melt?!

So glad you had a wonderful trip.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Love love love your gender reveal. And wonderful trip report. Enjoy every second with that little boy of yours. They grow up so fast. I can remember like yesterday when mine was toddling around speaking in a high-pitched voice, and now he's a teenager, taller than me with a deep voice. But he still has moments when I know he's mommy's boy. The other day we had an argument (as often happens with teenagers) but we made up, and he asked me to come up to his room to kiss him good night at bedtime. When I did, he said, "I hope you know how much I appreciate everything you do for me and how grateful I am that you're my mom." Could you just melt?!

So glad you had a wonderful trip.

Ok, totally tearing up!!! Ahhhh! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Up next, Epcot!

February 26th

This day was supposed to be an Animal Kingdom day. However, my DH had a great point. I can't do anything at AK. I mean, the bird show and finding nemo but that's pretty it. And its an enormous amount of walking. So we decided to skip AK this time and head back to Epcot. We love the countries, its right there by the Beach Club and we wanted to enjoy the pool again. Also, Les Chefs de France is a fave for dinner for us and if we would have gone to AK this day, no France for dinner since we opted out of park hopper this time.

Since we decided this change a day prior, we were able to secure our new fast passes for Epcot before we got there. I am loving the new magic bands! I am still a bit "meh" about the choices for Epcot though. I think we should be able to do BOTH Maelstrom and Soarin'.

We started the day with our Future World fast passes but I wanted some empty country pics. I either didn't know or had forgotten that they shut you out of the Epcot countries before they open with the exception of Mexico, Norway, France, UK and Canada.

We entered through the International Gateway and first headed towards France.

IMG_9045.JPG

IMG_9047.JPG

IMG_9048.JPG

IMG_9050.JPG

IMG_9051.JPG

More flower and garden topiaries were up!

IMG_9053.JPG

IMG_9055.JPG

IMG_9056.JPG

IMG_9057.JPG

IMG_9059.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

Now we met the man who said we had to turn around. Blargy.

Now the UK...

IMG_9062.JPG

IMG_9063.JPG

IMG_9066.JPG

-zWrYoTU-D2_md2EBY6oFhfNXxdwvdgYHAYggB7XH5IY=w301-h451-no

IMG_9070.JPG

IMG_9071.JPG

IMG_9072.JPG

IMG_9073.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Now Canada...

IMG_9075.JPG

IMG_9076.JPG

I call our little man Thumper. :)

IMG_9078.JPG

IMG_9080.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

We skipped Mexico and Norway was all people. You can actually see the hundreds of people there from across the water. Its insane! They are all there for Anna and Elsa! So I knew I couldn't get any empty Norway pics so we headed to Spaceship Earth for pics before our Fast Passes and sadly...before the rain came.

wd034wdw201405748792220_6937099947_18.jpg

wd006wdw201405748792221.jpg

Bumpin' at Epcot!

wd043wdw201405748792222_6937100208_18.jpg

wd047wdw201405748792223_6935948594_18.jpg

The wait for Space Ship Earth was like 25 mins...which cracks me up when people enter the park and get in this line. Come back later and there is no wait!
So we headed to breakfast at Sunshine Seasons ( a new experience since we missed it last time ) and waited for Soarin' and the Land.

Breakfast!

IMG_9083.JPG

Still hadn't had my Mickey waffle yet! :)

We rode Soarin, The Land, and Nemo and then DH rode Test Track while I did a "little" shopping! :) He rode twice - once with my Magic Band and once with his.

He hammed it up for this pic!

wdw201405748787138_6937361006_18.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
BUMPIN' AROUND THE WORLD!

How different a year and a half makes! In September 2012, Niles and I drank and ate around the world. The whole thing! Took 12 hours but we did it! February 2014, Bumpin' Around the World...with lots of sitting! :)

MEXICO

IMG_9085.JPG

We rode the little Mexico ride and the mariachi band came out while we were heading to Norway so we did stop and listen for a minute to say we did but its just not our thing so we didn't linger here long.

NORWAY

IMG_9086.JPG

It was hard no to get all the people....but if you look to the left, towards the bathrooms, the line for Elsa and Anna reached all the way back there.

IMG_9088.JPG

IMG_9090.JPG

IMG_9091.JPG

IMG_9092.JPG

IMG_9182.JPG

There is some walls up on the exterior of the waterfall for Maelstrom...not sure why.

We rode Maelstrom, peeked at the princesses, went in the shops, and headed on our way.

CHINA

IMG_9094.JPG

IMG_9095.JPG

IMG_9097.JPG

IMG_9098.JPG

IMG_9100.JPG

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9103.JPG

We toured the shops, skipped Reflections of China - it hasn't changed and we have seen it a lot. I wanted to see Mulan but she wasn't coming out at the right time.

Its the year of the Horse for our little man!

IMG_9111.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

We were getting hungry...DH wanted to eat here...I wanted to eat in Norway...so we picked Mexico. I know...it makes no sense and it makes me crazy back tracking to another country. Oi!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Back on track...

GERMANY

IMG_9114.JPG

IMG_9116.JPG

IMG_9117.JPG

DH got some caramel corn and I got a pineapple spear with chocolate and caramel! We love Germany so we took a seat, had our snack, and then toured the shops.

IMG_9119.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

IMG_9122.JPG

Unt Beer?

IMG_9124.JPG

I never look up! But should!

IMG_9126.JPG

ITALY

IMG_9127.JPG

IMG_9129.JPG

Still haven't eaten at Via Napoli. I asked about their counter service "slice" window but they have it only seasonally. During holidays and festivals mostly.

IMG_9132.JPG

Since we watched Sergio the other day, we skipped watching him this time.

AMERICA

Oberon is my FAVE! This is NOT this years brew....it wasn't released until last week so it was nearly a year old...but worth it for my DH! I have decided that I want a sub sandwich and an Oberon after this little man is born! :)

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9134.JPG

jalepeno and cheese pretzel

IMG_9135.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

There's not a great "focal" point in America for a pic. We watched the American Adventure after our snack and took a look at the little shop and headed on our way.

JAPAN

IMG_9141.JPG

IMG_9142.JPG

IMG_9143.JPG

IMG_9144.JPG

We checked out the shops and didn't stay for the drummers since we saw them last time. The candy making lady wasn't out but we did watch them looking for pearls. That was very exciting! She was so energetic!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
MOROCCO

There was no Mo'Rockin...still haven't seen them!

IMG_9146.JPG

IMG_9148.JPG

IMG_9150.JPG

We checked out the new restaurant and explored the shops and headed on our way.

FRANCE

IMG_9151.JPG

wd048wdw201405748848355_6935943272_18.jpg

wd049wdw201405748848356_6935946260_18.jpg

We had already explored it earlier and we are coming back in the evening for dinner so we headed to the UK. And its a good thing we did......

UK

TIME TO SEE MARY!!

IMG_9153.JPG

IMG_9158.JPG

We met...

IMG_9161.JPG

explaining i'm a nanny and now going to be a mommy!

Cheeky!

IMG_9162.JPG

Nannies Unite!

IMG_9175.JPG

I am not sure what happened...I will blame pregnancy hormones although I know that is not what it was...I started to cry after meeting her again! Something was different this time! It was like this full circle moment! I just lost it!!!!

Bumpin' at the Pub - I'm such a good parent. :)

IMG_9176.JPG

We were going to come back for the music - aka former hat lady - so we didn't stay here too long.

CANADA

IMG_9179.JPG

IMG_9180.JPG

We noticed these guys were up so we passed through Canada and snapped this pic.

We went back to the IG and headed to the resort. JUST IN TIME! My parents wanted to stop by for a visit and I needed a rest before dinner. And the minute...I mean minute we were back in our room - the heavens opened up and it POURED! And poured for some time.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
OOPS - these are from earlier:

20140226_092558.jpg

20140226_093204.jpg

After our rest, we got ready for dinner and headed back through the IG. The rain had stopped - just some spitting here and there.

20140226_092242.jpg

We checked out the UK shops

20140226_180608.jpg

I wish we could live here!

20140226_180753_LLS.jpg

Off to Canada for some Off Kilter!

IMG_20140226_181743.jpg

20140226_181641.jpg

20140226_182200.jpg

After a few songs, we headed to Rose and Crown, grabbed a table and the "former hat lady" was singing away and sang a song for Niles and I!

20140226_182607.jpg

20140226_182624.jpg

20140226_182816.jpg

Then Dinner at Chefs!

20140226_193542.jpg

French Onion Soup

20140226_194737.jpg

Entree

20140226_201330.jpg

Decaf Cappuccino

20140226_204600.jpg

Our dessert!

IMG_20140226_204043.jpg

A wonderful surprise and an amazing way to end out night!

We headed home before Illuminations and watched them from our room.

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Love all your "Bumpin' Around the World" pics! So cute!!!! Your little man has already gone around the world and he doesn't even know it! ;)

Like you my husband and I have a soft spot for World Showcase...BEST part of EPCOT. I could spend days there!

Thank you so much! I love that he has gone around the world already!!!

meeskamickey

I was sitting here miserable because I've got some nasty 1st trimester morning sickness...I was SO, SO happy to come across your trip report!

First, I want to say congratulations on your baby boy! I love the way you guys found out that it was a boy! That is such a special story you will be able to share with your little one.

I love how you got those special pics at the MK. So nice of the photographer to give you those special moments.

Also, I love your bump around the world pictures. That is so cute!

Lastly, I have to say...you go girl with all that walking while bring preggo! I don't know that I would be able to keep that pace (at least not without sporting some serious cankles by the end of the day :)).

I am looking forward to the rest of your report!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I was sitting here miserable because I've got some nasty 1st trimester morning sickness...I was SO, SO happy to come across your trip report!

First, I want to say congratulations on your baby boy! I love the way you guys found out that it was a boy! That is such a special story you will be able to share with your little one.

I love how you got those special pics at the MK. So nice of the photographer to give you those special moments.

Also, I love your bump around the world pictures. That is so cute!

Lastly, I have to say...you go girl with all that walking while bring preggo! I don't know that I would be able to keep that pace (at least not without sporting some serious cankles by the end of the day :)).

I am looking forward to the rest of your report!

Thank you so much! And feel better soon!!!! Is this your first? :)

shakes20

Let me echo what everyone else is saying... BEST...TRIP REPORT...EVER!!! Thank you so much for sharing, not only your trip, but your life with us as well.
BTW, since no one else has answered the question about the portrait that you took a picture of, here is the explanation (courtesy of MiceChat's Kevin Yee)...

"But something you least expect to find here leers at you from the back wall. The dominating portrait of a Renaissance man is actually a depiction of the Magic Kingdom’s current president, Phil Holmes. ...I just love the level of tributes in this painting. Phil was an opening day cast member, so his last five-year service milestone was 40 years, and in this portrait, he wears a ring with a 40 on it. On the shelf behind him is a Donald Duck figurine, also standing for the service award giveaway bestowed upon recipients at the 40 year mark. Items on the table in front of Phil represent milestones during his tenure: a magic lamp for the Aladdin ride, an apple for the closed Snow White ride and upcoming Snow White coaster, and peanuts for the major expansion during his reign, Storybook Circus.

A park map lays open on the side, showing Mickey’s Toontown Fair in the corner. Over Phil’s shoulder is a patch of Haunted Mansion wallpaper, which is fitting because it was Phil’s first work location — he was at the Mansion on opening day in 1971, in fact."

You can read the full article here: http://micechat.com/13957-new-fantasyland-what-to-expect/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom