The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

epcotisbest

? I don't understand your response.

The general manager of the hotel where I was staying (he reported to my boss, a CFO of a hotel company that I worked for at the time) told me about this view on certain clear nights. I had also learned about this view from other executives that had visited Aruba, during the few years that the hotel was being built.

It is just something I find amazing. Was not questioning that you were told that at all.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@tcool The movie theater I went to today had a lifesize inflatable Baymax. :D Sorry I forgot to grab a picture for you, I was in awe.
Howdy stranger
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
In other news.. Can we cancel 2021 already?

In just this month:
  1. Lost one of my jobs. (on the 31th with zero notice)
  2. Was told that if I do not "put effort". I will lose my second one and that I'm working on a loss (the boss claims I'm not "producing anything". I'm a support agent, not a product seller ***!
  3. The acrylic barrier that we use to protect the cars from sun and rain, got loose and cracked by the wind.. that only blew for one day with that intensity... Took hours to repair and not fully fixed until a few weeks.
  4. Our washing machine was leaking, Expert came to repair it and found the below of the device severely corroded, the cushion or spring broken and the turning "tub" with leaks. It's been on repairs for a week.
  5. Sister's apartment had a very dangerous boiler leak. The thing is like.. brand new! (less than a few months of use).
  6. I had purchased a new part for my computer.. and suddenly it started to shut down. Turns out my older power supply had a defect that shutdown on specifid loads. Loads that were introduced by the new part. Took a week and half to get the RMA part. Will ship the affected part back to the manufacturer on monday.
  7. My toilet out of nowhere cracked TODAY. The reservoir area. And it had dropped the water silently all around the bathroom. I went to use it and splashing everywhere.. then saw the crack! D: Tried using different glues and tapes.. because.. You guessed it.. the water intake valve also does NOT WORK.
  8. Boss wants to put me to work in a lot of things (because I need to "produce") that I have no clue and so he want me to get training (by myself obviously)

Bummer start to the year. I do hope it gets better for you.

Tony the Tigger

@Tony the Tigger , how is Kylie? Just wondering if she was doing a bit better this week. (I know that sometimes dogs go through up and down medical phases, and then they just rally for no particular reason.)
Honestly, not great. Still limping, some days better than others. Took her to the vet, but of course she was excited then, and didn’t limp. He was feeling and pulling on her legs and she didn’t react. We got some more anti-inflammatory meds.

donaldtoo

FINALLY! Your parents had to wait a long time to move back to their new "old" home!!! I hope all goes smoothly today for everyone involved in their move. ❤️

Thanks, Minnie..!!! :)
But, the movin’ isn’t goin’ to be happenin’ today, as it’s 35* (down from 39* at about 6a) and sleeting right now, and there’s a 100% chance of precip all day, including that possibility of snow flurries.
They have the rental house ‘til Jan. 26th (3 days shy of the Jan. 29th, 2020 fire anni), so shouldn’t be a problem.

On a side note, regarding property values around here, ours went up about another $26,000 in value (now about 5.75x what we paid for it in total) in just the last month, when I checked yesterday...awesome, but, if we sold it, where the heck would we move, as everything else is just as expensive...?!?!?! :cyclops:
There are bidding wars like you wouldn’t believe, just for the dirt a house sits on.
Definitely not complain’ with all that equity, but, it’s just crazy to watch...!!!!! :greedy::hilarious:

Tony the Tigger

I think Mrs Wolf would disagree about the D&B.
Think of it as an investment ...
You know, Wolf, there was this other guy - used to call himself Mr. Ferret. So silly.
On a side note, regarding property values around here, ours went up about another $26,000 in value (now about 5.75x what we paid for it in total) in just the last month, when I checked yesterday...awesome, but, if we sold it, where the heck would we move, as everything else is just as expensive...?!?!?!
Similar boat. We’re up about 2.5 times what we paid ten years ago, but once we pay off the mortgage, we couldn’t afford the area anymore. (And one of my stores is two blocks over.)

We were just kicking around the idea of short term renting it out, even just when we travel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom