The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

John park hopper

The wife uses pretty much only cast iron she stores them --wipes them clean and puts oil on them. Periodically she
re-seasons them by putting oil on them and baking them in the oven. Personally I like cast iron nothing sticks to them and you don't have to worry about man made non stick crap they put on stuff and then later it's oops that's bad for you

Last edited:

epcotisbest

The wife uses pretty much only cast iron she stores them --wipes them clean and puts oil on them. Periodically she
re-seasons them by putting oil on them and baking them in the oven. Personally I like cast iron nothing sticks to them and you don't have to worry about man made non stick crap they put on stuff and then later it's oops that's bad for you

My cast iron collection. A couple of these came from my grandmother and are more than 75 years old.

D1EAE668-A840-4697-B85D-D21007C57110.jpeg

Goofyernmost

Just because no one had studied cast iron doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Think about it. Every single one that used cast iron cookware in the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th and many from the early 20th century are dead now. Coincidence... I think not! 😟☹️😱

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Does anyone have a cast iron skillet? I heard there's a certain way to store it...like putting oil on it. Not sure :cautious: But omg... the heaviest pan/skillet whatever floats your boat that I have had.

Edit: found my answer by going on the company's website. Spray the inside with cooking oil after using and rub it down with a cloth or paper towel.
Yes! And do not wash with soap - just scrape off excess food bits...

Goofyernmost

Are we still talking about cast iron cookware or personal hygiene?
Quoted myself because it reminded me of an incident in basic training. One of the new enlistees developed a painful rash in a particularly sensitive area. He asked to go to the infirmary instead of scheduled calisthenics. He got back sooner then expected and the drill sergeant made him tell the entire squad what the diagnosis was. He sheepishly said..."the doctor told me to take daily showers". Then the sergeant said, "and what else"! Then his response was "with soap this time". Basic Training was a place where being humiliated was a daily occasion. But this one was funny, but I didn't dare to laugh.

wdwfan4ver

My younger brother is growing those trees on the island he is developing in Animal Crossings: New Horizons. There is one difference right now.

There is snow on the ground at the parts of the island that does not have sandy beaches. A couple nights ago, it was snowing matter of fact on that island. He likes the snow though due to Snowman giving him rewards for making them including recipes in the game.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom