The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ImperfectPixie

We totally understand. And, as I’ve posted before, issues with time and space are also something we deal with on a daily basis.
How do I describe this... 🤔
The expected order of events? My sons have a hard time with changes like that, too, sometimes.

ETA: And my youngest has a really hard time distinguishing "this Friday" from "next Friday"...he expected to wear his costume to school today...but costume day isn't until next week...but they're both Fridays.

93boomer

Premium Member
Lazy Saturday here today. We picked up breakfast curbside from the local bar (ham & cheese omelet and hashbrowns). Might do some pre-Christmas decoration prep around the house today, packing up some stuff so space will be ready to put up the Christmas stuff. Or I might cross-stitch and binge watch Schitts Creek.
You can come down and help me in the yard today if you want.😉😊

StarWarsGirl

My oldest (C, who is 14) is almost 2" taller than me. I'm about 5'4 1/2". I was the product of a 5'2" mother and 6'3" father. I have a feeling he's going to be REALLY tall...
My dad's parents were 5'7" and 5'. He's 5'5"

My mom's parents were 6'1 and 5'7". She's 5'4".

So I apparently got my height from my paternal grandmother and B got his from Mom's side.

Meanwhile, my aunt on my dad's side (who's like 5'2") married someone who was over six feet tall, so I'm dwarfed by all my cousins as well.

ImperfectPixie

So I apparently got my height from my paternal grandmother and B got his from Mom's side.

Meanwhile, my aunt on my dad's side (who's like 5'2") married someone who was over six feet tall, so I'm dwarfed by all my cousins as well.
It's crazy how genes get passed down! The women in my family (except for two of my aunts) tend to be petite. My father's six brothers are all also over 6'...the tallest is 6'5". I look like a perfect mix of my parents (aside from my hands and ears...I have my mom's stickie-outie ears, and my father's large hands)...if you put me next to either of them, there's a striking resemblance. My boys were the spitting image of me when they were 5 and under, but their looks are definitely leaning towards my father's side of the family as they grow up as their hair is staying lighter like theirs, while mine is a medium brown and my husband's was black. My younger son (K, 9yo), I think is going to be on the shorter side, but he's due for a big spurt in height...so we'll see.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's crazy how genes get passed down! The women in my family (except for two of my aunts) tend to be petite. My father's six brothers are all also over 6'...the tallest is 6'5". I look like a perfect mix of my parents (aside from my hands and ears...I have my mom's stickie-outie ears, and my father's large hands)...if you put me next to either of them, there's a striking resemblance. My boys were the spitting image of me when they were 5 and under, but their looks are definitely leaning towards my father's side of the family as they grow up as their hair is staying lighter like theirs, while mine is a medium brown and my husband's was black. My younger son (K, 9yo), I think is going to be on the shorter side, but he's due for a big spurt in height...so we'll see.
If you look at my boys you can tell they are brothers but my older ds has medium olive skin, dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and seems to have topped off at 5'7 1/2, my younger ds has white skin with freckles, bright red hair, blue eyes and is till growing 5'10". The thing they do have in common is neither one knock wood has ever had a bad sun burn. My younger ds did get in trouble the day he went to the lake without supervision and didn't put any sunscreen on all day. Thank goodness he came home with just a hint of pink on his shoulders and by hint you had to look for it.

Figgy1

Premium Member

You'd be tall on my father's side of the family none of my aunts, great aunts, great great you get the picture were over 5 foot tall and I think only one of them was that tall

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom