The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
B can't. His skin is worse than mine was at his age. Just more oily. My worst problem is blackheads, so I use a scrub and those lovely strips to get rid of them. He has to use the scrub, the cleanser, the spot treatment...I feel bad for the kid. Every time I turn around he's got a new breakout.

I went and got him better stuff than what Mom had bought him and he does better with it.
From what I know scrubs are bad and can lead to microtears which can lead to infections in other words more breakouts. Masks and strips are better for dealing with blackheads;) and excess oil. Oily skin needs a balancing moisturizer or skin will over compensate by producing too much oil after treatments:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

StarWarsGirl

From what I know scrubs are bad and can lead to microtears which can lead to infections in other words more breakouts. Masks and strips are better for dealing with blackheads;) and excess oil. Oily skin needs a balancing moisturizer or skin will over compensate by producing too much oil after treatments:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I consulted with an esthetician before starting. She started me on my current regiment. I only use it every few days; I use regular wash in between. It's the only thing that works sadly.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I am just the opposite and don't like to leave any empty space on my plate. I have a SIL who not only won't let her food touch but also eats all of one item before ever starting the next item on the plate.

View attachment 500095

Reminds me a little of my father (may he RIP). He used to love what he called, "messy meals -- the messier the better!" he always said. He'd pile everything on top of each other and mix it all up. Come to think of it, the food all goes down the hatch anyway, right? :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

What does he use? My ds has issues as well. I mix aloe with tea tree oil, frankincense, and lavender, and that seems to help, but I have to be on top of him to use it.
20200924_180446.jpg
He does well with this one because it's a foam. Some of the other cleansers he wasn't getting everywhere. He does what's not recommended and just uses it in the showed. If I have a bad breakout, this is what I switch to. I don't use it all the time, though because my skin just generally needs a gentle cleansing.

Then we use a Clean and Clear spot treatment.

I would avoid tea tree oil and lavender for him. It can have inadvertent hormonal effects on males, especially around puberty.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's sport week in the Netherlands and a lot of clubs do a thing where they let kids try out their sport for free or a small fee to see if they want to join. They get to do 3 lessons to see if they like it. Last year, A tried golf, and he really liked it, but it wasn't in our town and in order for the kid to play, one of the parents had to join the club and play, too. Since I don't have a drivers license yet, I couldn't take him, and M had no desire to play golf. But, A's physical therapist said he'd benefit a lot from a sport, and he recommended a sport that's individual, but with other kids...so like golf or tennis. Something where there's still interaction and a team aspect without all relying on each other, only on yourself. So yesterday A had a tennis lesson. He seemed to really enjoy it, the teacher said he did well for a first time. He has a nice strong stroke, and he takes direction well. He got the backhand right away, even after she warned him that backhands were tricky and that the kids who had been doing it for more than a year still had problems with it, so not to worry if he couldn't do it.

My pictures aren't great because I was standing outside the fence, and he was on the opposite side of the court, but better than nothing.
View attachment 500052View attachment 500053View attachment 500054View attachment 500055

I hope he continues to enjoy tennis. It was a sport I liked to play, but haven't in a long time. It is a sport that I think has a little more lifelong potential than some sports for kids like football or wrestling. Golf would be a good lifelong sport too.

donaldtoo

Surprised a local ordinance hasn't been passed to (temporarily) ban watering lawns, until the water levels come back up to normal. There is a ban here (in various cities, towns, etc. -- not statewide at this point, though.)

Yep, we’ve had those types of ordinances passed here many times over the years.
We’ve never been those that shower more than once a day (and not for long...how long does just a shower take), wash the car for 1.5 hrs. on the driveway, overwater our yards, etc. But, we’ve also gotten some great comic relief from it over the years from all the back and forth about it in the news, neighbor against neighbor, etc......!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Hey @Mr Ferret 88 , I was looking up food that was popular on your island. (Obviously, I'm not busy at the moment. :p ) So, I came across gâche mêlaïe, and it looked tasty. :hungry:

However, as for conger soup, I'll pass on that -- because it has a big fish head in it!!) Eww . . . :jawdrop:

Why does my laughing emoji in response to your post have fish comin’ outta’ it’s eyes...?????!!!!!!! :cyclops::D:hilarious:
Yet another site upgrade....................?!?!?! :cyclops: :rolleyes:

93boomer

Premium Member
There’s a lady who works in our building on the upper floor that I know has been in the lower lobby not long before me on my way in in the mornin’, or on my way out in the evenin’...we sometimes arrive and leave at the same time.
It’s not a bad scent, but, it’s just way too much.
I wonder if she puts it on only in the mornin’ and evenin’, or several times a day...since she’s been there a while, I’m guessin’ the former...or maybe there’s a perfume company on our upper floor that I don’t know about, and I just can’t tell the difference between scents...!!!!! :hilarious:
You know scent isn’t bad if people just put on a subtle amount. When you still smell it 10 mts after they left the room 🤢

donaldtoo

Reminds me a little of my father (may he RIP). He used to love what he called, "messy meals -- the messier the better!" he always said. He'd pile everything on top of each other and mix it all up. Come to think of it, the food all goes down the hatch anyway, right? :joyfull:
That’s mostly me...!!!!! :hilarious:
But, my next younger bro always used to argue “Yea, but, I don’t taste it all down there, but, I do up here!” .....!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think it is too easy to not return. Hopefully, you were able to bring it to Kohls? My returns there go through in a day, and I don't pay for shipping, or spend time looking for a box or something to send it back in.
I generally ship it back for free at a nearby UPS STORE. Amazon prime allows if it is not as claimed or photographed. They box too.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Both my Dad and FIL disliked the staples of their childhoods anything mixed together. Meat here, veggie there, potatoes here. Salad in a different bowl.

My FIL also adhered to eat in a circle not item by item As not to offend the cook as to what you picked at vs gobbled up. Society manners.

Songbird76

That's great! Dh and I play tennis at our local town park. No fees, thank goodness, although I guess that is what taxes are for. They are usually empty, but lately more people have been showing up. I guess because the summer was pretty hot. Dh and I would go even if it was in the 90's outside. Tennis is a great sport for kids. I hope he can keep playing, and dh can attest to the complications of a good backhand. He has been playing for almost 4 decades and still doesn't have one he is happy with. 🤷‍♀️
I think it would be free to use a tennis court on your own at a municipal park, but this is a tennis club and you pay for the lessons. There are no school sports here, so anything you do is done in a club and you pay the club fees. I really hope he decides to stick with it. I think it will be so good for him. He really needs the exercise, for one. Plus it's great for his motor skills and hand-eye coordination. And I think it's good for him to socialize with other kids outside of his school. He gets that with chess, but I think some variety is also good. There's one kid that might prove to be an issue, but we'll deal with it when the time comes, and the teacher seems on top of things. It's a small group...there were only 4 kids besides A. But the youngest is 9 and I would have thought he was A's age. He's really big for his age. But he was kind of....mouthy, I guess? The teacher heard me speaking English to A, so she asked him about it and he told her I'm American and she asked what he speaks at home and he said mostly English. So she had him introduce himself in English and asked the other boys to introduce themselves and tell him how old they were, also in English. The one kid says "This isn't an English class!!" and was really nasty about it. So she explained to him that as A is new, it's polite to introduce themselves and as he speaks English, that's a fun way to do it. And then after each exercise they did, she asked the boys to go around and pick up all the tennis balls lying around the court and dump them into the bag. The kid says "But we just did that! I don't want to do that again!" I would have been so embarrassed if my kid acted like that. But the teacher took it all in stride. One of the boys seems like he might have ADHD....he was really hyper, distracted, making noises...nice kid, just a bit unfocused. But only the one kid seemed arrogant and unwelcoming, and he was the youngest, so maybe he'll grow out of that.

Songbird76

I am just the opposite and don't like to leave any empty space on my plate. I have a SIL who not only won't let her food touch but also eats all of one item before ever starting the next item on the plate.

View attachment 500095
I used to do that as a kid....eat only one thing at a time before starting on the next. I don't do that anymore, but I can't let my food touch. And I try to arrange my plate in such a way that if there's any fraternization of foods, they are complimentary. Like....I'm not a condiment girl. I don't like ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, etc. And I'm very picky about sauces and dressings. I won't eat most, so if there's a sauce, I'll ask for it on the side. But I do like gravy on my turkey/chicken now (didn't when I was a kid), but I DON'T like my veggies to get in it. So I will put the potatoes next to the meat as far to the edge of the plate as I can, and the veggies go on the other side.

Songbird76

I hope he continues to enjoy tennis. It was a sport I liked to play, but haven't in a long time. It is a sport that I think has a little more lifelong potential than some sports for kids like football or wrestling. Golf would be a good lifelong sport too.
I'd love for him to get into golf, but they don't have that option for kids here in our town. That's what he wanted to play. Tennis was his second choice.

Lilofan

B can't. His skin is worse than mine was at his age. Just more oily. My worst problem is blackheads, so I use a scrub and those lovely strips to get rid of them. He has to use the scrub, the cleanser, the spot treatment...I feel bad for the kid. Every time I turn around he's got a new breakout.

I went and got him better stuff than what Mom had bought him and he does better with it.
It's a little pricy but it's the best for my oily skin. It is sold at Sephora. It's Face the Truth Gel Cleanser with citrus and seaweed extracts. It's from the Ole Henricksen line of unisex products. Morning and night and your skin will be clean, fresh and baby smooth. Proper diet and exercise and lots of water and a few cups of hot peppermint tea daily keeps my skin plump and hydrated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom