The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

We had that last week via Microsoft Teams and it was awful. You couldn't read anything on the digital whiteboard in the background for the power point presentation, and the sound kept cutting out so you could only understand about 1/4 of what was said. They sent out the power point slides to us later, but since it only consists of bulletin points and no explanation, it's not particularly helpful. It was a complete waste of time. I hope yours works better!!
It was. My School District has worked hard on getting the technology stuff to work correctly. Sorry that you had a negative experience. Have a great Thursday! :)

MouseDreaming

Job or not no kid needs to be springing for anything more expensive than ELF and Essensce mascara
The face stuff is actually cheaper than what the doctor prescribed. Added bonus, no side effects, and, it actually worked! Now she is trying to find something that will maintain, but cheaper than the subscription. Every morning, she comes down with "whales" under her eyes, to take away the morning puffiness. A jar of India clay mask, that I hate. I find little clay balls in the bathroom. Not to mention the bowl sitting, waiting to dry up, so she can clean it up. That gets mixed with apple cider vinegar. Oh, and her latest purchase is something that looks like mascara, that you put on at night, to help thicken lashes. The makeup itself isn't too pricey. I have to admit, I had never heard of putting on primer first. But, it all looks very natural.

The spending for all of that gets balanced with her hobby. Thrifting. She loves finding great finds and putting together outfits at the local thrift stores.

MouseDreaming

I never shopped this summer for new clothing. My summer stuff gets kinda grungy. My jean short blurg. So ordered twoLevis from amazon, different shades. About $15 for each, a very good price for Levi’s.

They came yesterday. One perfect and the other with Deliberate distressed holes. Nope not as described or photographed. Put in for a return. They countered with do you wish to purchase a different pair instead of a credit. Yes. I re ordered the pair that worked.

They will be here tomorrow and noted my account will be credited with a $38 dollar credit for pair returned on a gift card.

Wait what? As a PRIME member this should have been a free return and even exchange. Can’t wait to see how this all shakes out.
I think it is too easy to not return. Hopefully, you were able to bring it to Kohls? My returns there go through in a day, and I don't pay for shipping, or spend time looking for a box or something to send it back in.

Songbird76

It's sport week in the Netherlands and a lot of clubs do a thing where they let kids try out their sport for free or a small fee to see if they want to join. They get to do 3 lessons to see if they like it. Last year, A tried golf, and he really liked it, but it wasn't in our town and in order for the kid to play, one of the parents had to join the club and play, too. Since I don't have a drivers license yet, I couldn't take him, and M had no desire to play golf. But, A's physical therapist said he'd benefit a lot from a sport, and he recommended a sport that's individual, but with other kids...so like golf or tennis. Something where there's still interaction and a team aspect without all relying on each other, only on yourself. So yesterday A had a tennis lesson. He seemed to really enjoy it, the teacher said he did well for a first time. He has a nice strong stroke, and he takes direction well. He got the backhand right away, even after she warned him that backhands were tricky and that the kids who had been doing it for more than a year still had problems with it, so not to worry if he couldn't do it.

My pictures aren't great because I was standing outside the fence, and he was on the opposite side of the court, but better than nothing.
120063408_402541054478120_3754339074697647388_n.jpg120073700_1072903156445877_5078328345093052623_n.jpg120184002_818072018993429_2223747029787619535_n.jpg120095614_249882266348912_3594469981221150806_n.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
The face stuff is actually cheaper than what the doctor prescribed. Added bonus, no side effects, and, it actually worked! Now she is trying to find something that will maintain, but cheaper than the subscription. Every morning, she comes down with "whales" under her eyes, to take away the morning puffiness. A jar of India clay mask, that I hate. I find little clay balls in the bathroom. Not to mention the bowl sitting, waiting to dry up, so she can clean it up. That gets mixed with apple cider vinegar. Oh, and her latest purchase is something that looks like mascara, that you put on at night, to help thicken lashes. The makeup itself isn't too pricey. I have to admit, I had never heard of putting on primer first. But, it all looks very natural.

The spending for all of that gets balanced with her hobby. Thrifting. She loves finding great finds and putting together outfits at the local thrift stores.
Skin care is different. I'm lucky the boys can get away with basic face wash

Songbird76

So we just had a business meeting for work, and they did a live stream for those of us who couldn't be there in person. I guess we've grown exponentially. According to market research we are now the first company that people think of in the Netherlands when they ask about online children's clothing stores. Last year we were 4th or 5th. And of those who didn't name us as first, when asked what other companies they are familiar with, we were #3 where we used to be 5th. So our commercials are working.
And we are now going to be a top sponsor of one of the most popular TV shows. You guys have The Voice, right? But not a kids version? We have the Voice of Holland, but we also have The Voice kids, for 8-14 year olds. We are going to be the main sponsor for the voice kids. And the winner of the last season is performing there right now. Kind of sad that I couldn't be there, but I get to watch it on the live stream. And we are getting a small bonus because we have 46% growth over last year. All in all, a pretty nice meeting!

StarWarsGirl

Skin care is different. I'm lucky the boys can get away with basic face wash
B can't. His skin is worse than mine was at his age. Just more oily. My worst problem is blackheads, so I use a scrub and those lovely strips to get rid of them. He has to use the scrub, the cleanser, the spot treatment...I feel bad for the kid. Every time I turn around he's got a new breakout.

I went and got him better stuff than what Mom had bought him and he does better with it.

MySmallWorldof4

It's sport week in the Netherlands and a lot of clubs do a thing where they let kids try out their sport for free or a small fee to see if they want to join. They get to do 3 lessons to see if they like it. Last year, A tried golf, and he really liked it, but it wasn't in our town and in order for the kid to play, one of the parents had to join the club and play, too. Since I don't have a drivers license yet, I couldn't take him, and M had no desire to play golf. But, A's physical therapist said he'd benefit a lot from a sport, and he recommended a sport that's individual, but with other kids...so like golf or tennis. Something where there's still interaction and a team aspect without all relying on each other, only on yourself. So yesterday A had a tennis lesson. He seemed to really enjoy it, the teacher said he did well for a first time. He has a nice strong stroke, and he takes direction well. He got the backhand right away, even after she warned him that backhands were tricky and that the kids who had been doing it for more than a year still had problems with it, so not to worry if he couldn't do it.

My pictures aren't great because I was standing outside the fence, and he was on the opposite side of the court, but better than nothing.
View attachment 500052View attachment 500053View attachment 500054View attachment 500055
That's great! Dh and I play tennis at our local town park. No fees, thank goodness, although I guess that is what taxes are for. They are usually empty, but lately more people have been showing up. I guess because the summer was pretty hot. Dh and I would go even if it was in the 90's outside. Tennis is a great sport for kids. I hope he can keep playing, and dh can attest to the complications of a good backhand. He has been playing for almost 4 decades and still doesn't have one he is happy with. 🤷‍♀️

MySmallWorldof4

B can't. His skin is worse than mine was at his age. Just more oily. My worst problem is blackheads, so I use a scrub and those lovely strips to get rid of them. He has to use the scrub, the cleanser, the spot treatment...I feel bad for the kid. Every time I turn around he's got a new breakout.

I went and got him better stuff than what Mom had bought him and he does better with it.
What does he use? My ds has issues as well. I mix aloe with tea tree oil, frankincense, and lavender, and that seems to help, but I have to be on top of him to use it.

epcotisbest

It all looks delicious separately, but I can't stand to have my food fraternizing. I'd be ok with the gravy touching the chicken, but not the roll or the mac!

I am just the opposite and don't like to leave any empty space on my plate. I have a SIL who not only won't let her food touch but also eats all of one item before ever starting the next item on the plate.

9B478976-9D7E-4D5D-8E5F-8891A23D7E67.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom