The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Yep me too. I can’t go near someone with strong cologne on. 😩

There’s a lady who works in our building on the upper floor that I know has been in the lower lobby not long before me on my way in in the mornin’, or on my way out in the evenin’...we sometimes arrive and leave at the same time.
It’s not a bad scent, but, it’s just way too much.
I wonder if she puts it on only in the mornin’ and evenin’, or several times a day...since she’s been there a while, I’m guessin’ the former...or maybe there’s a perfume company on our upper floor that I don’t know about, and I just can’t tell the difference between scents...!!!!! :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
There’s a lady who works in our building on the upper floor that I know has been in the lower lobby not long before me on my way in in the mornin’, or on my way out in the evenin’...we sometimes arrive and leave at the same time.
It’s not a bad scent, but, it’s just way too much.
I wonder if she puts it on only in the mornin’ and evenin’, or several times a day...since she’s been there a while, I’m guessin’ the former...or maybe there’s a perfume company on our upper floor that I don’t know about, and I just can’t tell the difference between scents...!!!!! :hilarious:
Nothing will ever beat the woman on the boat from MK to Poly:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Might be fun, and it would be interesting to see how much of a response you receive.

As for me, I've cut back on makeup, etc., because due to wearing a mask a lot, I just don't bother. But that won't be forever, of course. (I did read recently that cosmetic sales were down across the country.) As for hair, I don't have any fancy style, so it's basically wash and go. (I did switch to non-sulfate shampoo recently though, as it's supposed to be less harsh on your hair. It's L'oreal Everpure. I like it.)
Sometimes I throw on mascara and eyeliner but not much else with the mask. I just switched hair products to Hairatage by Mindy Cruelty free, sulfate free, vegan etc.. My hair likes it better than the stuff I was paying for from the salon

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Me either. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup in high school, so I never got into the habit and I just don't bother. I wear it for performances and once in a while for a special occassion, but mostly not. And I grow my hair out specifically to donate it, so I don't want to use a lot of product in it. I just wash it and put it in a ponytail or braid every day and let it air dry. That's the extent of my beauty regimen. I do use moisturizer for my face after I've showered...does that count?
If I forget anything it's usually moisturizer:facepalm:

Figgy1

Premium Member
My DD hated make up. Couldn't stand the lipstick, and mascara in particular for dance competitions. I gave up on any makeup by the time I had two littles running around. I thought great, she won't want to wear makeup, she hates the stuff. Flash forward to her 17 year old self. Hours in the bathroom. New packages from Ulta and Amazon. Special shampoo, special face regimen. All looks nice, don't get me wrong. And she has a job, so she springs for all of this herself. It is just sometimes, you just want to be able to get a shower in, and the only one in my house is in that bathroom. :hilarious:
Job or not no kid needs to be springing for anything more expensive than ELF and Essensce mascara

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah they had a plan of reorganization and only 6 dozen closures. Then the pandemic. My guess is they didn’t order new stuff like most retailers also cancelled their orders. BBB will likely move merchandise from closed stores. There sales this weekend were equal or better to Black Friday.

I curbsided a Ninja Airfryer that was $50 cheaper than anywhere else. I need to Christmas shop cause it looks like the pandemic will get worse before it magically disappears.
The last of the shirts came today and all I have left are a memory card, game download money and 2 gift certificates:joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The last of the shirts came today and all I have left are a memory card, game download money and 2 gift certificates:joyfull:
I never shopped this summer for new clothing. My summer stuff gets kinda grungy. My jean short blurg. So ordered twoLevis from amazon, different shades. About $15 for each, a very good price for Levi’s.

They came yesterday. One perfect and the other with Deliberate distressed holes. Nope not as described or photographed. Put in for a return. They countered with do you wish to purchase a different pair instead of a credit. Yes. I re ordered the pair that worked.

They will be here tomorrow and noted my account will be credited with a $38 dollar credit for pair returned on a gift card.

Wait what? As a PRIME member this should have been a free return and even exchange. Can’t wait to see how this all shakes out.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Tick tick tick boom

My kids Died from Covid likely encouraged from long term unhealthy eating and love of beer run Fridays which resulted in a heart condition and a beer a beer gut, Ultimately Resulting in open heart surgery in 2017. Welcome to AARP LAND

With COVID, which is not nearly gone despite what is being preached He stroked out on a vent in so many different places in a few days from Covid. DEAD IN UNDER A WEEK. If you have loved ones pay attention to basic health to combat the virus should you get it. Eat better. Look what was on your plate tonight.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got an e-mail today today I not supposed to get.

My insurance plan has me go through a medical network and today I got an e-mail for scheduling for a flu shot.

The problem is I got a flu shot last week through my allergist's office besides getting my allergy shot. The allergist office has the flu shot available for allergy patients since September 2nd based on email the allergist office sent on that date.

The allergist is part of the medical network despite not being in the hospital/medical buildings of my primary care doctor. My primary care doctor's computer does not have it mentioned that I got a flu shot and now the allergist's office needs to be contacted.

Sometimes, reminder notices go out automatically in the system, set for one year from the previous shot. Anyway, should be easy enough to update all medical records.

I know that many health services, hospitals, etc., have patient online accounts that you can check for accuracy (or missing information), and you can update it -- or have your doctor's office update it. A few times a year, I check mine, as no system is perfect. I'm not condoning any omissions, but just stating that sometimes it may happen.

Songbird76

So proud of my oldest. Remember how she was having issues in chemistry? She decided to use the free tutoring the chemistry department has yesterday due to my incessant nagging. It was via zoom. Well it paid off. She got a perfect score on her quiz today. I am so proud of her. This is a great self-confidence boost.
Oh I'm so glad!! And it's nice that they offer free tutoring! How does that work? Does the university pay the tutors or are they volunteers?

Songbird76

Yes, thru 8th. I’m 7th or 8th they can “shadow” a student at a high school, spend a day there, to help their decision. There’s 3 that he talks about, I assume he’ll shadow at all 3.. but I want him to make a decision then and not really get too into it now. There’s a lot of kids in their class who already know where they’re going, have all the spirit wear, parents attended a certain high school.,, but he and I don’t have that bond to any of the schools, so I’ll be ok with whichever he chooses.

He does talk about it, but it changes all the time.. he’ll be stuck on saying he’s going to a specific school, then change a few months later. We have time. :)
How many are there to choose from? We have basically 5 schools here in our town, but 2 of them are only for the lowest levels. Well, 6, but one of them is more of a trade school than a high school and it's only for kids who really can't handle traditional school. So we had our choice of 3...I was getting nervous, because each of the schools does an open house on a Saturday in either January or February, and we had already been to the first two and E didn't really like either. The first one, she didn't mind, but couldn't see herself there. The second she HATED....we walked in and suddenly she became sullen and grouchy. I kept thinking "Oh no....what if she doesn't like ANY of them??" The last one, we went in, she was taking it all in, we went to the introduction meeting, and she said "This is my school! I like the sound of this one." So that's where she went. They are in the process of merging. The three schools are combining into just two. This is the first year the "new schools" started, but they are still using the existing 3 schools' buildings, and all the kids who started in one of the 3 will continue, and then once they graduate, those schools will cease to exist and there will be the 2 new schools left. Apparently there's a decrease in population and they won't need 3 schools. Schools are funded by number of students, so they will have better funding if they reduce to just 2 schools. But it's a whole "thing".

Songbird76

Tonight is Back to School Night.
We the staff members will go back to the school....but the parents will remain home and connect with us via Google Meet. It's just like Zoom.
I'm still gonna wear a tie even though I'm talking over a laptop screen ;)
We had that last week via Microsoft Teams and it was awful. You couldn't read anything on the digital whiteboard in the background for the power point presentation, and the sound kept cutting out so you could only understand about 1/4 of what was said. They sent out the power point slides to us later, but since it only consists of bulletin points and no explanation, it's not particularly helpful. It was a complete waste of time. I hope yours works better!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom