The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If you give us rain, I'll pay for it. It's like California dry here without the freaky people and the fires.

But yet people still water their lawns :banghead:

Surprised a local ordinance hasn't been passed to (temporarily) ban watering lawns, until the water levels come back up to normal. There is a ban here (in various cities, towns, etc. -- not statewide at this point, though.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
what is gache melaiie? Something chocolate?

Looks like a delicious dessert for the fall. :happy: (I like it with the topping, too -- like whipped cream, for example.)

Funny, the recipe below did not use the authentic spelling.

Songbird76

This email just gave me a panic attack.. I’m not trying to think about this yet!!! (the bold is mine)

Future ^^*^^^ and Families,

I hope this message finds you and your family healthy, safe, and well! For those of you with 8th graders, this is a big year for you as your son navigates which high school will be the best fit for him. For families with 5th, 6th and 7th graders, it is never too early to start looking at ****** High School! It has been an interesting school year so far to say the least. We have been fortunate here at ***** to be back to school full time. Our classrooms are air conditioned and the front of our building looks incredible! We can't wait for you and your family to visit!

___
_

I’m assuming this will be the first of many, from area high schools. 😬. Is time really going this quickly???😥
So does T's current school go through 8th grade then? Our kids start "high school" in 7th grade, so we started looking when E was in 5th grade. She was so worried about it that she'd start crying if we even mentioned high school. We took her to the open days so she could see what it was like before she actually had to make a choice, and that helped a lot. She got used to the idea and it wasn't so intimidating anymore. I'd definitely advice looking at schools before his 8th grade year if that's when he will have to make a choice about a high school. Just to acquaint yourselfs with what's available and it gives you longer to think about the questions you want to ask and what's important to you. That way, you don't get home from visiting and wish you had thought to ask about this or that.

21stamps

So does T's current school go through 8th grade then? Our kids start "high school" in 7th grade, so we started looking when E was in 5th grade. She was so worried about it that she'd start crying if we even mentioned high school. We took her to the open days so she could see what it was like before she actually had to make a choice, and that helped a lot. She got used to the idea and it wasn't so intimidating anymore. I'd definitely advice looking at schools before his 8th grade year if that's when he will have to make a choice about a high school. Just to acquaint yourselfs with what's available and it gives you longer to think about the questions you want to ask and what's important to you. That way, you don't get home from visiting and wish you had thought to ask about this or that.

Yes, thru 8th. I’m 7th or 8th they can “shadow” a student at a high school, spend a day there, to help their decision. There’s 3 that he talks about, I assume he’ll shadow at all 3.. but I want him to make a decision then and not really get too into it now. There’s a lot of kids in their class who already know where they’re going, have all the spirit wear, parents attended a certain high school.,, but he and I don’t have that bond to any of the schools, so I’ll be ok with whichever he chooses.

He does talk about it, but it changes all the time.. he’ll be stuck on saying he’s going to a specific school, then change a few months later. We have time. :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Surprised a local ordinance hasn't been passed to (temporarily) ban watering lawns, until the water levels come back up to normal. There is a ban here (in various cities, towns, etc. -- not statewide at this point, though.)

Growing up in California we were in a (semi) permanent drought. They didn't ban watering your lawn or filling your pool or letting your teenage daughter take 45 minute showers. But it was very costly when you get your bill. They set it up similar to the way electricity is set up here in Ohio... You get a certain amount at a reasonable rate (enough to shower, cook, water the lawn once a week), and then after you level up you better have a trust fund 😂😂

Tony the Tigger

Just an fyi to @Tony the Tigger -- I read a news report the other day that vinyl sales accelerated this year, despite COVID19 and everything going on. Maybe people, during the various lockdowns, etc., were more interested in music to fill some of their time. Increased interest is positive for your business! :)

Yes, ma’am - our experience bears this out. 😊

wdwfan4ver

I got an e-mail today today I not supposed to get.

My insurance plan has me go through a medical network and today I got an e-mail for scheduling for a flu shot.

The problem is I got a flu shot last week through my allergist's office besides getting my allergy shot. The allergist office has the flu shot available for allergy patients since September 2nd based on email the allergist office sent on that date.

The allergist is part of the medical network despite not being in the hospital/medical buildings of my primary care doctor. My primary care doctor's computer does not have it mentioned that I got a flu shot and now the allergist's office needs to be contacted.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

My favorite part of this house is the conservatory. I have been trying to get the kids on board with changing the den from play room to music room. Don't need toy boxes anymore, and I keep tripping over music cases.

That would be cool...!!! :)
This particular conservatory will be used as more of the lots of natural light, relaxation, retreat kind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom