The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oooh makeup!! I missed eighty billion pages but came back in time for makeup 😂😂

I stopped wearing it a couple years ago. Just sunscreen now. But then I put some on a couple weekends ago and everyone said how pretty and youthful and rested I looked, so maybe I should reconsider my routine 😂😂😂😂
Awe. Me it is just too slimy in summer months especially

Songbird76

Japan gets everything. Florida would be lucky to get a ride like this.

I think the theming is really great...it looks a lot like Symbolica in Efteling. I wonder if they modeled some things after that. But what I don't understand is why the teacup vehicles rock like a boat. They just dance around the room in each scene, rocking...it's a recipe for motion sickness for me. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense...what is the purpose of the rocking?

MySmallWorldof4

Strong perfume, cologne and stuff like that gives me headaches, eyes sting & tear, makes me nauseous, and nose run. I try to avoid any stores that have perfume counters or at least that area as much as possible. Hubs has a lotion he puts on his face to prep for his electric razor (he is afraid of using regular razors) and the smell does a number on me. He tends to use it only in his office at work now and when we are on vacation he uses it in the shower area so it doesn't smell so much. We've looked for an unscented version but haven't had much luck.
My dh just wets his face with very hot water after he showers before he shaves. Then he just uses shaving cream. He has sensitive skin as well and rarely cuts himself.

MySmallWorldof4

Yep me too. I can’t go near someone with strong cologne on. 😩
Last winter sitting in dd’s old gym this woman came in and stunk up the whole waiting area. It was just her and me. After a couple of minutes the smell made me cough. I had to go outside in order to breathe fresh air and stop coughing. Gave it a few minutes, went back in and it started up again. It was horrible.

MySmallWorldof4

It's 43 here now :inlove: (almost as good as 37, but I'll take it!) :joyfull:
Luckily headed to 73. Looking forward to 80 tomorrow. The lows for the next week are not in the 30’s at least. I was really looking forward to not having to turn on the ac or heat for a few weeks to have a low electric bill. Sadly, the heat is on right now. At least my fuzzy slippers came yesterday.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Luckily headed to 73. Looking forward to 80 tomorrow. The lows for the next week are not in the 30’s at least. I was really looking forward to not having to turn on the ac or heat for a few weeks to have a low electric bill. Sadly, the heat is on right now. At least my fuzzy slippers came yesterday.

The next few days will be warmer up here as well. Presently, we don't have any heat anyway (something wrong with furnace -- it usually acts up once a year). Landlord will send a guy over in the next few days. As of now it's no issue really, as I like it chilly to begin with. :) (I know what you mean about looking forward to having a few weeks with no extra charge on electric or gas -- rarely works out that way though.)

Lilofan

My dh just wets his face with very hot water after he showers before he shaves. Then he just uses shaving cream. He has sensitive skin as well and rarely cuts himself.
Shaved for a number of years. Shaving cream and blades especially are not cheap. I switched to an electric shaver and in the long run it has saved me money. On a side note I bought a discontinued product from Norelco which is a 360 degree unit that cuts hair. I haven't paid for a hair cut in almost 10 years. That's more money invested into the stock market. That was the best $39.99 Norelco purchase I made.

MouseDreaming

Yeah, we only have one shower as well, but my kids both prefer to shower at night and I have the whole day for the most part, since I only work in the evening. But we are all pretty low maintenance. E is 14 and I think most of the girls in her class wear makeup, but I could be wrong. So far she's not really been that interested in it, which is good, because the fact that I don't wear it would make me a pretty poor example of how to choose colors that match your skin tone and how to apply it. If she decides she wants to wear it, I'll have to find someone who knows what they're doing to teach her!
That was my house. She only recently, like at 16, got interested. Friends, and YouTube are where she gets most of her know how. Seriously, things I had never even heard of, and much to dd's frustration, I do not use.

MouseDreaming

We had always hit Elk Grove in area My favorite dine in. Their tKe out has become horrid during Covid. We were AT BBB and ordered from Schaumburg Curbside and it was awesome. I that greater wood field area we go to a huge park on Schaumburg Rd where social distancing is. Non issue to eat take out. I don’t do any form of restaurant dining.

I love Giordano's. My kid not as much.
I recognized that Lou from the picture. That is our "local". And I pass it everyday running here and there. DD doesn't like Lou or Giordanos. :rolleyes: We wait until an evening she has to be to work early. FWIW, I haven't been yet, but she gives Phat Phat next door high praise.

StarWarsGirl

Waiting for work to be over so I can take a hot bath. I'm freezing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So.. David's is showing very good prices in DVC. I wonder if its worth buying to visit WDW.

@StarWarsGirl : Do you think its worth going in November?

We are going in November. Hubs and I will miss some of the holiday stuff that is usually done (Candlelight Processional, Christmas Party...) but we are still looking forward as to what will be offered. I think the crowds might be slightly more than what it was in August when we went but probably not back to normal yet.

However, I would give pause if I was travelling from a different country. If you decide to do go make sure the cancellation policy is one that is favorable and acceptable to you incase you have to cancel or if you aren't allowed entry from some reason (not quite sure what the border policy is for Mexico with Covid right now).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom