The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was in Bed Bath and Beyond Saturday, hoping to see lots of cute fall stuff. It really looks like a store in its death throes. And this one is not slated to close.
Yeah they had a plan of reorganization and only 6 dozen closures. Then the pandemic. My guess is they didn’t order new stuff like most retailers also cancelled their orders. BBB will likely move merchandise from closed stores. There sales this weekend were equal or better to Black Friday.

I curbsided a Ninja Airfryer that was $50 cheaper than anywhere else. I need to Christmas shop cause it looks like the pandemic will get worse before it magically disappears.

MySmallWorldof4

My DD hated make up. Couldn't stand the lipstick, and mascara in particular for dance competitions. I gave up on any makeup by the time I had two littles running around. I thought great, she won't want to wear makeup, she hates the stuff. Flash forward to her 17 year old self. Hours in the bathroom. New packages from Ulta and Amazon. Special shampoo, special face regimen. All looks nice, don't get me wrong. And she has a job, so she springs for all of this herself. It is just sometimes, you just want to be able to get a shower in, and the only one in my house is in that bathroom. :hilarious:
I went into Ulta for the first time last fall. Youngest needed makeup for cheer. I found the brand I wanted real quick and got out of there as fast I could. The smell made me nauseous. Blech.

Songbird76

My DD hated make up. Couldn't stand the lipstick, and mascara in particular for dance competitions. I gave up on any makeup by the time I had two littles running around. I thought great, she won't want to wear makeup, she hates the stuff. Flash forward to her 17 year old self. Hours in the bathroom. New packages from Ulta and Amazon. Special shampoo, special face regimen. All looks nice, don't get me wrong. And she has a job, so she springs for all of this herself. It is just sometimes, you just want to be able to get a shower in, and the only one in my house is in that bathroom. :hilarious:
Yeah, we only have one shower as well, but my kids both prefer to shower at night and I have the whole day for the most part, since I only work in the evening. But we are all pretty low maintenance. E is 14 and I think most of the girls in her class wear makeup, but I could be wrong. So far she's not really been that interested in it, which is good, because the fact that I don't wear it would make me a pretty poor example of how to choose colors that match your skin tone and how to apply it. If she decides she wants to wear it, I'll have to find someone who knows what they're doing to teach her!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I went into Ulta for the first time last fall. Youngest needed makeup for cheer. I found the brand I wanted real quick and got out of there as fast I could. The smell made me nauseous. Blech.

I can't stand strong perfume; makes my eyes sting. Never actually been to an Ulta, but have been (in the past) to Sephora. Thought it was fun playing with all the colors, etc. (Yet, pre-mask days, I usually only wore neutral shades though.)

StarWarsGirl

I don’t do cosmetics. Never was into them.
My mom had to drag me makeup shopping at age 17 because I just couldn't be bothered. I dislike my high school graduation photos because I had my makeup done and it was too much. For college I felt confident enough to do it myself so I did, and I used far less. They look much better.

It depends on the season weirdly enough. Right now I would use a bit of concealer in spots and if I weren't wearing a mask, I'd wear lipstick. Actually, I attended a Zoom wedding on Saturday and concealer on lipstick was it. When I'm not tan, I use more foundation (usually just a powder) and concealer). I typically don't use a lot of eye makeup, and I use a clear mascara. I can rock a bold lip. I do like watching those makeup videos where the artists do the full on facepaint for Cosplay or whatnot. Those are cool and some of those artists are super talented. Not that I have any desire or artist talent to do it myself. If my makeup takes more than five minutes to do and I can't find it at Target, it's a no-go.

My hair I buy good products for, go to a salon for, and I do spend a bit more time on, but not a ton. I don't dye it either. Based on my family, I'll have to eventually do that, so I may as well enjoy my natural hair color while it lasts.

Perfume is an absolute no-go for me because of my asthma. In fact, I would prefer if no one wore it. Ever.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I can't stand strong perfume; makes my eyes sting. Never actually been to an Ulta, but have been (in the past) to Sephora. Thought it was fun playing with all the colors, etc. (Yet, pre-mask days, I usually only wore neutral shades though.)

Strong perfume, cologne and stuff like that gives me headaches, eyes sting & tear, makes me nauseous, and nose run. I try to avoid any stores that have perfume counters or at least that area as much as possible. Hubs has a lotion he puts on his face to prep for his electric razor (he is afraid of using regular razors) and the smell does a number on me. He tends to use it only in his office at work now and when we are on vacation he uses it in the shower area so it doesn't smell so much. We've looked for an unscented version but haven't had much luck.

93boomer

Premium Member
My mom had to drag me makeup shopping at age 17 because I just couldn't be bothered. I dislike my high school graduation photos because I had my makeup done and it was too much. For college I felt confident enough to do it myself so I did, and I used far less. They look much better.

It depends on the season weirdly enough. Right now I would use a bit of concealer in spots and if I weren't wearing a mask, I'd wear lipstick. Actually, I attended a Zoom wedding on Saturday and concealer on lipstick was it. When I'm not tan, I use more foundation (usually just a powder) and concealer). I typically don't use a lot of eye makeup, and I use a clear mascara. I can rock a bold lip. I do like watching those makeup videos where the artists do the full on facepaint for Cosplay or whatnot. Those are cool and some of those artists are super talented. Not that I have any desire or artist talent to do it myself. If my makeup takes more than five minutes to do and I can't find it at Target, it's a no-go.

My hair I buy good products for, go to a salon for, and I do spend a bit more time on, but not a ton. I don't dye it either. Based on my family, I'll have to eventually do that, so I may as well enjoy my natural hair color while it lasts.

Perfume is an absolute no-go for me because of my asthma. In fact, I would prefer if no one wore it. Ever.
Yep me too. I can’t go near someone with strong cologne on. 😩

Gabe1

True, although I think they also can only have one person cleaning a room at a time.

No idea about the food court situation. Beach Club Marketplace was closed, so we were eating in parks. Mobile Ordering was still going smoothly.
I’ve never had more than than one cleaning a room. They need more cleaning one room at a time.

See they are expanding hours soon.

Gabe1

We have been hitting Giordanos lately. Garden veggie, hold the olives and mushrooms.
We had always hit Elk Grove in area My favorite dine in. Their tKe out has become horrid during Covid. We were AT BBB and ordered from Schaumburg Curbside and it was awesome. I that greater wood field area we go to a huge park on Schaumburg Rd where social distancing is. Non issue to eat take out. I don’t do any form of restaurant dining.

I love Giordano's. My kid not as much.

Gabe1

@Cesar R M My dad was looking at new computers, but didn't but the one her was looking at because it didn't come in silver. It came in white. 🤦‍♀️ I'm like, just buy a new computer already...
Giggle. Your Dad is a funny man when it come to tech. Your stories over the years have made me laugh at your pain of it all. I’m still smiling with this one. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom