The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Yes. I looked yesterday. $15 a month for Blue or Orange. The Blue looks fine. It goes to $25, after a month, but the reviews I read said the streaming wasn’t always crisp. Hulu was the best, but the live is over $40, and that is more than I am willing to pay. I have to figure out how much our cable and boxes cost. Unfortunately Comcast doesn’t break down the cable tv fee in the bundle.

I had sling for awhile...then we find that with hulu we were overlapping so many shows... we preferred hulu. But we didn't pay for live with either of them.... we don't watch sports, and we never watch anything live!

MySmallWorldof4

I was praying the weather man was wrong (they are so often) its now 29 degrees and the coldest will be right before sun up so here comes 28 degrees. What a drastic temp drop in < 24 hours 78 to 28. Had green beans in the garden --not any more. Broccoli and curly kale, cauliflower should make.
20 here this morning. My fingers are already cold and I haven’t even gone out yet.
@StarWarsGirl have you seen the Mandalorian yet? If not you MUST, ASAP!
Ds watched it yesterday and really liked it.

MySmallWorldof4

If you go with the HULU you'll get a $6 credit every month seeing you have Disney. My dh turned off the HULU late and our credit went through immediately after signing up:joyfull: Note you must use the same email and card when you set it up. I also believe they do a week trial
The regular Hulu doesn’t have live sports though, right? We are looking live NFL and golf. We found the Olympic Channel on Roku and it is free. So the sport networks would be Fox and CBS .

MySmallWorldof4

When my boys were little back in the days of VHF tapes we l have a lot of Disney movies and still have the VHF player, any one still remember VHF tapes (dating myself) and still have them.
We had loads of VHS tapes. Got rid of most of them I think. We went to dvd’s in the early 2000’s. We did buy a combo VHS and dvd player so we could watch tapes and dvd’s. We just got spoiled with the dvd’s quickly because we didn’t have to rewind tapes and could also skip back and forth easily.

John park hopper

DVDs were introduced in 1997. They became the choice over VHS for most people, by 2008. So that's not really too long ago.
I've kept them all and when the granddaughters come to visit we pull out the VHF player and watch Disney movies-- funny they only know DVD's and when took the VHF tapes out for the first time it was Papa John what's that? Have a DVD player also. now I am really showing my age have a 8 track player in the attic might donate it to the Smithsonian Ha Ha

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We had done the same with trips. We could have bought a house or condo outright with the money spent on trips. For years our house looked like it threw up Disney toys as well. Of course we wouldn’t have the memories though, and they were good. I did debate spending the money on Disney Plus, but free made it an easy decision. Now I am trying to find a way to ditch cable. It is all about the live sports in my house.

Hulu live has live sports that what we switched to. Hubs was very resistant to leaving Directv until I showed him he could still watch all his sports games with Hulu live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom