The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I have a rant against the US Postal Service. I ordered some supplements and a hose part thingy for our pool yesterday. It was actually out for delivery today. Amazing, right? You know what else is amazing, The Ring doorbell camera. I was not home when USPS arrived, but I did get a notification that there was movement by my front door around noon. I happened to turn on the app and saw the lawn guys using the blower to clean off the walk from grass clippings. I also happened to catch the mail truck drive to our mailbox, put mail in and drive away. So then to my surprise I got an email from Amazon that my package could not be delivered because there was an obstruction that didn’t allow the mail person to drop the package at my front door? What??? I have on video that there was no obstruction. A couple of landscape guys were finishing up. They were walking back to their truck. They didn’t even block the driveway. There obviously was plenty of room to get to the mailbox which is at the beginning of the driveway. My guess is the mail person was too lazy to walk to the front door. It is not a long walk. Maybe 25 footsteps. Maybe she mistook the landscape men for guard dogs and was afraid of them

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have a rant against the US Postal Service. I ordered some supplements and a hose part thingy for our pool yesterday. It was actually out for delivery today. Amazing, right? You know what else is amazing, The Ring doorbell camera. I was not home when USPS arrived, but I did get a notification that there was movement by my front door around noon. I happened to turn on the app and saw the lawn guys using the blower to clean off the walk from grass clippings. I also happened to catch the mail truck drive to our mailbox, put mail in and drive away. So then to my surprise I got an email from Amazon that my package could not be delivered because there was an obstruction that didn’t allow the mail person to drop the package at my front door? What??? I have on video that there was no obstruction. A couple of landscape guys were finishing up. They were walking back to their truck. They didn’t even block the driveway. There obviously was plenty of room to get to the mailbox which is at the beginning of the driveway. My guess is the mail person was too lazy to walk to the front door. It is not a long walk. Maybe 25 footsteps. Maybe she mistook the landscape men for guard dogs and was afraid of them
I have words, none I can use here but lots if them. I hope it's delivered tomorrow

Rista1313

Call your local post master, and tell them you have video to back up your complaint.

MySmallWorldof4

Call your local post master, and tell them you have video to back up your complaint.
I can try that. This is the first time something like this has ever happened. Even when we’ve had bad weather I have had packages delivered at the front door. I loved the first mailman that we had here. If we had a package, he would walk our mail and the package to the front door and hand deliver it. The best mailman ever. He retired a few years ago.

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl and @Dead2009 hoping you're and yours are safe
This wasn't too bad. Like a bad FL storm.

Last week when my mom and I went to see Hamilton, it poured. We left later than we planned to avoid it. Then there were roads partially flooded, and there were multiple trees down (I actually called 911 on the way down because there was a tree blocking one way of a busy intersection). We came upon a backup which Waze said was caused by a downed tree, and we took backroads and saw a guy had run over a tree that had fallen down and was stuck there. It was a total mess. Then we got down to the city and all was well.

donaldtoo

Your heat is headed here! Supposed to be 92 here today. 😱

I sowwy...hope it wasn’t too bad...!!! ;):)
Still so far behind, and tryin’ to play ketchup...!!! :)

Was in the upper 90’s here today, not sure what the heat index was.
But, this spring and summer have definitely been the coolest in recent memory, in the almost 43 years we’ve lived back in Texas.
Only ‘posed to get up to 92 here tomorrow, and either overnight tonight or tomorrow night (can’t remember which the car radio guy said) a record low of 66, breaking the previous record of 68.
We’re just not used to all this cold weather this time of year...!!!!! :coldfeet::cold::hilarious:

donaldtoo

How does it work? We have central.

We have central air and heat, as well.
Those units are generally referred to as “mini-splits”. Down here, they’re usually used in guest houses, casitas, or, as The City of Austin calls them, ADUs (Auxiliary Dwelling Units :rolleyes::hilarious:). They make for a more economical choice for a smaller living space, or for, generally, cooler parts of the country...!!! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom