The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Yah, it's easy to stereotype. (Done that a few times, myself.) But regardless of age groups, I do believe that most people are individuals with various preferences and abilities. And it may also be that teens now may have a wider selection of summer jobs, than my brother (the caddie) had in the past. Who knows? Maybe if my brother had some newer job options that some teens do today, he might have also picked a different summer job.
My brother's one friend is a rising high school junior. Kid already decided he prefers manual labor to school. He's getting his HVAC license.

I hate yard work of any kind. I guess I got the stereotype. I'd rather be at my desk with my spreadsheets. Which some people would hate as well, but I prefer to minimize actual human contact.

StarWarsGirl

Just one of me... One day per week, one load per week. I tell you it is exhausting! 😫😴
My mom carefully separates all of their clothes and does five or six different loads with everything all separated. She recently found out that I only separate out the whites and run everything else on delicates so I can get away with only doing two loads. My gosh, the look of horror...

MySmallWorldof4

My brother's one friend is a rising high school junior. Kid already decided he prefers manual labor to school. He's getting his HVAC license.

I hate yard work of any kind. I guess I got the stereotype. I'd rather be at my desk with my spreadsheets. Which some people would hate as well, but I prefer to minimize actual human contact.
Smart kid. We need people to do those jobs and they can be quite lucrative themselves.

StarWarsGirl

Smart kid. We need people to do those jobs and they can be quite lucrative themselves.
Yup. My cousin actually has done the same thing. Manages to support himself and his family of five on just his income. His wife had a drug problem years ago, and while she's clean and a very good mom to her kids, she really can't hold down a job; she just destroyed a few too many brain cells. But yeah, learning the manual labor worked out really well for him.

wdwfan4ver

Today is my mom and pops 59th wedding anniversary...!!!!! :happy:

And, such big smiles too...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 390522
Happy Anniversary to them. That is a great milestone.

I know what a great accomplishment it is due to how long my parents have been together. All I am willing to say is my parents got married in an era that WDW only had 1 theme park and MK only had 1 rollercoaster.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our predicted forecast for the coming weekend. The cheerleaders from her gym (all squads) are having a carwash Saturday. We have family visiting, but I considered having her go for an hour or 2. With those temperatures, no way. It should get rescheduled, but it won’t be.
View attachment 390695
As always feel free to send me what you can't handle as I'm hoping to get some pool time in this weekend

Figgy1

Premium Member
We're doing 1900 Park Fare on our arrival day and CRT on our departure day.

We also have Tusker House and Bon Voyage reserved, and then we're taking the Pirate Fireworks cruise thing.

Other than that I'm planning peanut butter sandwiches, french fries and pizza by the pool, and World Showcase offerings for our other meals, LOL
I someday want to do 1900 but the chances are slim and none as I'd feel funny doing it solo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, I'm subscribed to touring plans, so I keep getting updates about the crowd calendars and park hours. I'm not TOO terribly worried about it at Universal since we have 5 days, and really we just want to see Harry Potter stuff, and the minion ride. The rest is icing on the cake. Plus we'll have the express pass. Thanks for the heads up!
Don't forget to download the UO app when you get there;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
My mom carefully separates all of their clothes and does five or six different loads with everything all separated. She recently found out that I only separate out the whites and run everything else on delicates so I can get away with only doing two loads. My gosh, the look of horror...
Great minds:D My clothes do not get washed with anything that has been on a male body:hungover:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I someday want to do 1900 but the chances are slim and none as I'd feel funny doing it solo

1900 is a good time at breakfast and dinner, if our paths ever cross on a trip I'll go with you. Or since it is a buffet maybe you could just entice the boys that way. ;)

Wish me luck tonight. The sky is going BOOM, BOOM, BOOM and yet louder BOOMS and the weather alert has already gone off:mad: At least it hit 92:joyfull:

Stay safe!

Figgy1

Premium Member
1900 is a good time at breakfast and dinner, if our paths ever cross on a trip I'll go with you. Or since it is a buffet maybe you could just entice the boys that way. ;)

Stay safe!
Thank you I've tried the all you care to eat and still no. They're not fans of the GF all 3 of them:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious: and thank you it should with luck just be loud and annoying, sort of like living with boys;)

BuddyThomas

@BuddyThomas , heard on the national news this evening that there is a (moderate) chance that NYC might have another power outage at the end of this week. This could possibly happen due to the overload on the system from the very high heat and humidity later this week. So just a heads up to keep your devices charged up.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom