The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

@MinnieM123 it must be a 'Merican thing as there are none of those buggies used locally.
My dh was watching a gold tournament over the weekend and there was an ad for a moped like vehicle for use on golf courses instead of carts. Their big selling point was that the mopeds would be more fun for younger people and bring them out to the golf course. Ummm..really?

Goofyernmost

@Goofyernmost , since you like golfing (I've never golfed in my life), I figured you'd know the answer to this. Do golfers nowadays get around the golf course in those little carts, only? There is a golf course that I walk by sometimes, and I noticed that all the golfers seem to have those carts, and put their golf clubs on them. (Didn't notice many people walking--but this was just an observation from one morning only.)

The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if golf "caddies" even exist anymore. My eldest brother (back when he was in high school), had a summer job as a caddy at a local golf course. As a kid, he thought it was a great summer job, to make some money. He said that some of the guys would also give him free sodas while they were out there (particularly on hotter summer days). So I was thinking that summer jobs are sometimes hard to come by for teens, and was wondering if the caddy jobs were even around anymore.
To be honest I have never seen caddies at any course I have played other then the one elite one that I played with a business connection. Where I am it is a mix of carts to walkers. Golf Courses make a profit on renting the golf cart and frankly some of the hilly courses I played in my youth would not be possible at my age.

There are a couple of courses that I play now. One is a very challenging par 3 (golfers would understand what that is in the golf world) Because it is a course where the plan is that you hit the green with your first shot they don't allow carts off the designated paved path. But, since I am a lousy golfer and aging hasn't shown any improvement with that, I still have to do a lot of walking. Right now, I am limited in how far I can walk at one time, so this works out just about right. As long as I can sit for a couple of minutes things straighten up and I can walk more. So for me it is an absolute necessity. I can only play the bigger courses if they allow carts anywhere except on the green itself. Many courses, especially crowded ones, do not allow walking, at least not in the busy hours, because 1. They don't get extra money for cart rental if you walk and 2. It really does slow the pace down. Carts now enable you to play golf in less time and are less fatigued after. Not as much exercise, but, that's what they make gyms for.

Got more of an answer then you bargained for huh? The answer in capsule form is "yes and no". 😛👨‍🎓

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
To be honest I have never seen caddies at any course I have played other then the one elite one that I played with a business connection. Where I am it is a mix of carts to walkers. Golf clubs make a profit on renting the golf cart and frankly some of the hilly courses I played in my youth would not be possible at my age.

There are a couple of courses that I play now. One is a very challenging par 3 (golfers would understand what that is in the golf world) Because it is a course where the plan is that you hit the green with your first shot they don't allow carts off the designated paved path. But, since I am a lousy golfer and aging hasn't shown any improvement with that, I still have to do a lot of walking. Right now, I am limited in how far I can walk at one time, so this works out just about right. As long as I can sit for a couple of minutes things straighten up and I can walk more. So for me it is an absolute necessity. I can only play the bigger courses if they allow carts anywhere except on the green itself. Many courses, especially crowded ones, do not allow walking, at least not in the busy hours, because 1. They don't get extra money for cart rental if you walk and 2. It really does slow the pace down. Carts now enable you to play golf in less time and are less fatigued after. Not as much exercise, but, that's what they make gyms for.

Got more of an answer then you bargained for huh? The answer in capsule form is "yes and no". 😛👨‍🎓
An 18 hole course is par 3 😲😲😲

😉

Goofyernmost

An 18 hole course is par 3 😲😲😲

😉
Why yes, yes it is for each hole. So if you play 9 holes it is a par 27 for all 9. 18 holes is a par 54 for all. This particular course has 27 holes if you wish to play them... I'll let you do the math. Hint: 81 for all.
Just so you know... I did all that answer for the benefit of those that really don't know, not for some British Wisearse! 😉

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Count me in the curious camp

It went.... okay. I think I got everything we wanted, but I had to switch the TSL day to evening because the only SDD FP available was at 7pm. Depending on how the reports come in, we may just rope drop the park, do TSL and whatever else, cancel those FP and schedule some on the fly for another park instead.

And I'm hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot by opting for no FP for PFH. It's open for EMH and when we arrived at MK at 7 am Christmas morning there was not one single person in line for either princess pair. So I'm counting on that being true again.

Also, although the system was down for 7 minutes, that was the easiest booking of FP I've had so far!

I might add though, I didn't exactly go into this prepared, LOL. I didn't sit down and think about what rides we even wanted until last night.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It went.... okay. I think I got everything we wanted, but I had to switch the TSL day to evening because the only SDD FP available was at 7pm. Depending on how the reports come in, we may just rope drop the park, do TSL and whatever else, cancel those FP and schedule some on the fly for another park instead.

And I'm hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot by opting for no FP for PFH. It's open for EMH and when we arrived at MK at 7 am Christmas morning there was not one single person in line for either princess pair. So I'm counting on that being true again.

Also, although the system was down for 7 minutes, that was the easiest booking of FP I've had so far!

I might add though, I didn't exactly go into this prepared, LOL. I didn't sit down and think about what rides we even wanted until last night.

I've seen fastpasses for the Princesses in the system later in the day after I've used my first 3. So maybe that will be true for you too.

Rista1313

Which day are you going to HS?

Rista1313

Tuesday Sep 17th. We might do fireworks at MK the night before and then keep HS in the evening, but if we don't we'll hit up HS in the morning for EMH and see if we can knock it out.

I won't know until the night before though. 4 year olds are unpredictable and sleep is hard won at Disney.

Oh shoot.. we are there the 19th, and the only SDD that's left is 7ish.. so I thought maybe we might cross paths in HS.

MySmallWorldof4

I don’t think the waits for PFH are all that bad anymore. If you go early you should be fine. Right now Rapunzel and Tiana have a 20 min wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom