The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Then, it was back on the tram for the Mission Control portion of the tour (there is also a space training tour, but we opted for MC)....!!! :)

When we took both Girl Scout troops years ago, we toured the original Mission Control room from way back in the day. Very cool to be sitting where the press, wives, etc., actually did way back then...!!! :)
This time we toured the ones in use today.
This was all in a secure, undisclosed location back on our visit with the GS troops because it was shortly after 9/11.

There are 4 MC rooms, plus an emergency room.
We saw the emergency room and the one currently being used for the ISS. A nice young lady did a cool presentation for us.
She said that moon missions are planned to start up again in about 3 years, leading up to an eventual Mars program.
Also, there has been at least one American in space continually since 2001, so MC has been in constant use since.
We also saw MC hardware from the Apollo, the space shuttle, and current eras.
I spoke with the nice young lady that did the presentation afterwards, and y’all should have seen the look on her face when I told her my pop once worked for the Redstone Arsenal and attended a lecture by Wernher von Braun...she was like “No way!!!!!” Priceless...!!!!! :happy:;):)
She is obviously big-time into NASA and her work...!!! :)
Also, in one of the pics I have the Flight Director circled in red...Enjoy...!!! :)

View attachment 390574View attachment 390575View attachment 390576View attachment 390577View attachment 390578View attachment 390579View attachment 390580View attachment 390581View attachment 390582View attachment 390583
I envy you, you seen an additional room it seems.

BuddyThomas

Finally gettin’ around to postin’ more pics from the weekend...

Starting with pics from JSC...!!! :)

View attachment 390533
View attachment 390528View attachment 390529View attachment 390530View attachment 390531View attachment 390532

Time for the 1.5 hour tram tour...!!! :)

View attachment 390537
View attachment 390538

Some Texas Longhorns on property...!!! :)

View attachment 390539
View attachment 390540
Your should be a professional photographer (maybe you are for all I know). Amazing shots, Sir.

MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4

Then, it was back on the tram for the Mission Control portion of the tour (there is also a space training tour, but we opted for MC)....!!! :)

When we took both Girl Scout troops years ago, we toured the original Mission Control room from way back in the day. Very cool to be sitting where the press, wives, etc., actually did way back then...!!! :)
This time we toured the ones in use today.
This was all in a secure, undisclosed location back on our visit with the GS troops because it was shortly after 9/11.

There are 4 MC rooms, plus an emergency room.
We saw the emergency room and the one currently being used for the ISS. A nice young lady did a cool presentation for us.
She said that moon missions are planned to start up again in about 3 years, leading up to an eventual Mars program.
Also, there has been at least one American in space continually since 2001, so MC has been in constant use since.
We also saw MC hardware from the Apollo, the space shuttle, and current eras.
I spoke with the nice young lady that did the presentation afterwards, and y’all should have seen the look on her face when I told her my pop once worked for the Redstone Arsenal and attended a lecture by Wernher von Braun...she was like “No way!!!!!” Priceless...!!!!! :happy:;):)
She is obviously big-time into NASA and her work...!!! :)
Also, in one of the pics I have the Flight Director circled in red...Enjoy...!!! :)

View attachment 390574View attachment 390575View attachment 390576View attachment 390577View attachment 390578View attachment 390579View attachment 390580View attachment 390581View attachment 390582View attachment 390583
Amazing stuff! Seems like Emy enjoyed it as well. 🙂

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Goofyernmost , since you like golfing (I've never golfed in my life), I figured you'd know the answer to this. Do golfers nowadays get around the golf course in those little carts, only? There is a golf course that I walk by sometimes, and I noticed that all the golfers seem to have those carts, and put their golf clubs on them. (Didn't notice many people walking--but this was just an observation from one morning only.)

The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if golf "caddies" even exist anymore. My eldest brother (back when he was in high school), had a summer job as a caddy at a local golf course. As a kid, he thought it was a great summer job, to make some money. He said that some of the guys would also give him free sodas while they were out there (particularly on hotter summer days). So I was thinking that summer jobs are sometimes hard to come by for teens, and was wondering if the caddy jobs were even around anymore.

MySmallWorldof4

@Goofyernmost , since you like golfing (I've never golfed in my life), I figured you'd know the answer to this. Do golfers nowadays get around the golf course in those little carts, only? There is a golf course that I walk by sometimes, and I noticed that all the golfers seem to have those carts, and put their golf clubs on them. (Didn't notice many people walking--but this was just an observation from one morning only.)

The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if golf "caddies" even exist anymore. My eldest brother (back when he was in high school), had a summer job as a caddy at a local golf course. As a kid, he thought it was a great summer job, to make some money. He said that some of the guys would also give him free sodas while they were out there (particularly on hotter summer days). So I was thinking that summer jobs are sometimes hard to come by for teens, and was wondering if the caddy jobs were even around anymore.
That is a great question. My dh golfs, but he always rents a cart. I think he caddied as a teen as well. Maybe country clubs use caddies?

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! Well I am up early. DH got up when his alarm went off, went to take a shower, and the bathroom clock was an hour ahead-7. He gets up at 6 which was what our clock read. He has a conference call at 7:30 this morning. 😱 I just got him out the door. Told him to let his boss know he is on the way. What a way to start the day! Whew!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom