The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Been a wild couple of days...when I woke up on Friday morning, I had no idea I'd be signing a lease by that afternoon to move one of my stores to a new location!

This has been a long time coming. We outgrew our first location about two years ago. Parking became a huge issue, and sales have been hurting.

I had been looking for almost a year, but this time I got that gut feeling that this was the right place. The owner of the plaza loves records, and really wanted us in there, so we struck a very favorable deal. Today I met the owners of the craft beer place in the same plaza that I didn't even know was there, and Brian and I had a great time with them (after painting all day!) We're already planning events together. Bonus: the new spot is easily walking distance from our house, although I would most likely drive (always hauling something lol.)

There is one downside - I'm a little nervous about what might happen with my current landlords, with good reason - but I'll save that for another post. Keeping this one happy LOL.

It's going to be a heck of a busy next couple of weeks!!
That sounds quite exciting, I'm interested in seeing how this all turns out.
as in pics of the craft beer place;)

Songbird76

Same general thing, except I don't recall it having any sleeves.
I've seen other versions, but they are all more....fake looking I guess....like, cartoon drawings of lapels and such. I liked that this one was a bit more realistic looking. Schools here don't do Christmas programs with songs and such like we always did in the US when I was a kid. Instead, they have a sort of pot luck dinner in their classroom with just their class and teacher. And they are supposed to dress nicely, but DS doesn't like wearing slacks or jeans...he says they itch. And I couldn't find any nice button down dress shirts at Christmas, so this was a good substitute, and I bought him a new pair of black sweat pants that weren't faded or anything, so you couldn't really tell unless you looked closely that it was a tshirt and sweatpants. Though I doubt I'd have tried to get away with it in a formal setting. I'm surprised the cruise line employees let the guy in!

Songbird76

Been a wild couple of days...when I woke up on Friday morning, I had no idea I'd be signing a lease by that afternoon to move one of my stores to a new location!

This has been a long time coming. We outgrew our first location about two years ago. Parking became a huge issue, and sales have been hurting.

I had been looking for almost a year, but this time I got that gut feeling that this was the right place. The owner of the plaza loves records, and really wanted us in there, so we struck a very favorable deal. Today I met the owners of the craft beer place in the same plaza that I didn't even know was there, and Brian and I had a great time with them (after painting all day!) We're already planning events together. Bonus: the new spot is easily walking distance from our house, although I would most likely drive (always hauling something lol.)

There is one downside - I'm a little nervous about what might happen with my current landlords, with good reason - but I'll save that for another post. Keeping this one happy LOL.

It's going to be a heck of a busy next couple of weeks!!
Congratulations!! I hope it doesn't cause problems with the current landlords. When do you open in the new spot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom