The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Good Morning.... Ran all my errands at 730am this morning to beat the heat and the crowds, came home and made a cucumber salad, and now I have this cake in the oven for later today.

StarWarsGirl

Goodness that's massive!! Is the old one this big? And what will you do with that one?
The old one was the same length and width wise. This one is taller, but the ceilings are high. I measured and found I could go a bit larger if I wanted.

I can periodically work from home so I want a better setup. I might also get a universal dock and a monitor to make it easier when I'm working. It's also a spot to manage finances, store documents, etc. My dad is very possessive of his home office, so I need my own space.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good Morning.... Ran all my errands at 730am this morning to beat the heat and the crowds, came home and made a cucumber salad, and now I have this cake in the oven for later today.

That cake sounds yummy.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm just here to rant ..

My one doctor's office has a staff of general idiots. I reconciled their billing statements, and it looks like they were missing a payment that I made. I've asked three times for a full statement with all of the insurance adjustments and payments from me. They send me statements with only my most recent payment on it. I also asked them to take my dad's name off of the statements. No idea why it was in his name when every other doctor's office sends bills with my name on it.

They sent a statement addressed to "Fred Missy". My dad's first name as the first name and my first name as the last name. And the statement still didn't have what I'd asked for.

I emailed their billing department again and told them they better get me what I've asked for or the next person they will hear from will not be me; it will be my lawyer father. And then emailed them a photo of the statement with the wrong name on it.

*sigh* Stupid people.
Do you need a frying pan.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This time next week, I will be at Disney!! I wish we had known that neither of the kids actually has to be at school on Friday. We would have scheduled flights out on Friday evening so we could get there on Saturday morning and have the day to explore resorts, DS, etc. Oh well....with the timing the way it is, we'll get to CBR probably around bedtime and can get a nice full night's sleep.
I'm not feeling fully prepared, so wish me luck that everything goes smoothly and that I haven't forgotten anything major!
Breathe, relax and remember where your lists are

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Nice!

Songbird76

I am so looking forward to your trip! I feel like we have been reading about the planning for ages. Really looking forward to your pictures and commentary. Remember, if you forget anything you can just buy it there. Plenty of shopping centers around.
You HAVE been reading about it for ages. :hilarious: I've been planning for almost 2 years!
I'm more worried about forgetting to have planned something that will be harder to schedule last minute. I still need to do an order from garden grocer, and I saw somewhere that they said to arrange that 60 days in advance, but I can't imagine why I would need to do it that far in advance? But I thought it was one grocery store, and it sounds like it's not actually a store, it's people that go to various stores to get the things you order, so maybe I'm too late, but I'll try.

Songbird76

Breathe, relax and remember where your lists are
Well, that's the thing. I didn't make as many lists as last time. Last time I had a color-coded list of all the possible restaurants, both QS and TS and what kind of food they serve, because DS is so picky, I wanted to be able to look up where I could get fries for him, and I only included restaurants where there was something he would eat. So I went through every menu to see where he would eat, and I marked particular things that sounded interesting for any of us, or things that I can't get here and crave. I didn't do that this time. Last time I also read the Unofficial guide cover to cover, as well as the Disney Food Blog Guide....this time, I just didn't find the time to read through those, so I feel like I'm not quite as prepared as last time, but the official guide doesn't change THAT much, and I've followed blogs and trip reports and stuff this time that I didn't last time, so I think some of the stuff was filled in by those. Either way, I'm sure we're going to have a great vacation. I just don't want to get home and go "Oh, I wish I'd known about that while we were there!" because I didn't read enough.

Oh, but my cousin is making shirts for us!! I'm so excited!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You HAVE been reading about it for ages. :hilarious: I've been planning for almost 2 years!
I'm more worried about forgetting to have planned something that will be harder to schedule last minute. I still need to do an order from garden grocer, and I saw somewhere that they said to arrange that 60 days in advance, but I can't imagine why I would need to do it that far in advance? But I thought it was one grocery store, and it sounds like it's not actually a store, it's people that go to various stores to get the things you order, so maybe I'm too late, but I'll try.

The reason to order early from Garden Grocer is to get a better discount and to ensure you get the delivery on the day you want it. The day thing isn’t so much of a problem. I’m sure you can still order just fine but there won’t be the early bird discount. The stuff we have ordered from them usually comes from one grocery store (Publix).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, that's the thing. I didn't make as many lists as last time. Last time I had a color-coded list of all the possible restaurants, both QS and TS and what kind of food they serve, because DS is so picky, I wanted to be able to look up where I could get fries for him, and I only included restaurants where there was something he would eat. So I went through every menu to see where he would eat, and I marked particular things that sounded interesting for any of us, or things that I can't get here and crave. I didn't do that this time. Last time I also read the Unofficial guide cover to cover, as well as the Disney Food Blog Guide....this time, I just didn't find the time to read through those, so I feel like I'm not quite as prepared as last time, but the official guide doesn't change THAT much, and I've followed blogs and trip reports and stuff this time that I didn't last time, so I think some of the stuff was filled in by those. Either way, I'm sure we're going to have a great vacation. I just don't want to get home and go "Oh, I wish I'd known about that while we were there!" because I didn't read enough.

Oh, but my cousin is making shirts for us!! I'm so excited!

That's fun that your cousin is making shirts for everyone! :joyfull:

As you mentioned before, you've been planning this trip for about 2 years. Take a deep breath -- you're done! Remember, nothing is perfect, and there's always the unexpected. But I think with all the work you've done, most of your trip will go off without any glitches. So I hope you can relax a little, and just enjoy each day as it comes. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom