The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Good luck to him and your nerves. I suggest getting up a few minutes early for some meditation;)
Thanks. I actually purchased Touring Plans which I never have before. I wanted to see what the predicted crowd levels will be. As it turns out, our first Friday is a graduation party at Uni and the parks will be closing at 6 and will be at higher crowd levels. Wondering if that should be a volcano bay day. Saturday will be busy, but early admission is at 8am. Sunday will be quiet and Monday and Tuesday will be super light. Disney doesn’t look bad either until May 25, the day we leave. I have days sort of planned in terms of what fp’s I want. Planning on HS for Tuesday night. The other days will be a mix of Epcot and MK. We may skip AK this time. We’ll see. It is ds and dh’s least favorite park. With only 4 1/2 days I can plan fuller days in the parks everyone likes the most.

Cesar R M

Are you flexible on location or just Canada and Mexico? Not saying I can help but I know a few high up business people I would be happy to contact if they might know of an opening. Most of these would be in US or in EU.
Flexible, but I'm particularly looking at Canada.
Unsure if the opportunities would rise for USA as the anti migration climate is very strong. Particularly against mexicans.

but any contact or lead would be really appreciated!

MySmallWorldof4

In something completely different.. I really wonder why life teases me so bad.
Right after calling me the reasoning of why I was not chosen to advance in the cruise job. I got an email notification.. that a IT job on Disney Cruise Line had just opened up.
I quickly logged in and sent my improved information and C.V.
Hey, you never know. Keep pushing. Keep moving forward! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So.. got an additional email from the cruise recruitment company. turns out that the addendum in my interview was "looks nervous and this affected his ability to express his ideas".

and out of the 4 guys, only 1 passed this interview. They invited me to try again next year.. hmm...

I definitively wasn't that nervous and more like "I need food" kind of way after waiting 6 hours for my interview turn ( I was the last one who wasn't told to "come back later").

Well heck, most people are nervous at a job interview!! So even if you "appeared" to be a bit nervous (even if you weren't), I would think they'd expect some of that from applicants. Sheesh! (Not to mention, you waited 6 HOURS for your interview turn?!) Good grief. Perhaps for the best that you won't work there.

MySmallWorldof4

Well heck, most people are nervous at a job interview!! So even if you "appeared" to be a bit nervous (even if you weren't), I would think they'd expect some of that from applicants. Sheesh! (Not to mention, you waited 6 HOURS for your interview turn?!) Good grief. Perhaps for the best that you won't work there.
I never heard of anyone waiting 6 hours for an interview. All the interviews I ever had was set up for a specific time. Sounds like it was more of a cattle call @Cesar R M . Like minnie said, maybe it is all for the best.

Goofyernmost

I'm pretty sure that Cesar has me blocked, but, for information, I read a couple books a few years back on what it is like to work on a cruise ship, which is what I think this involves. If what I read is true I would steer as clear away from it as possible. Remember if you are on a cruise there is no getting away from it unless one is a strong swimmer and if they are upset it isn't beyond them to just drop you off at the next port of call and then you must find your way home. Hopefully that has changed but, like anything else, when that is all you have, it can wear thin.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that Cesar has me blocked, but, for information, I read a couple books a few years back on that it is like to work on a cruise ship, which is what I think this involves. If what I read is true I would steer as clear away from it as possible. Remember if you are on a cruise there is no getting away from it unless one is a strong swimmer and if they are upset it isn't beyond them to just drop you off at the next port of call and then you must find your way home. Hopefully that has changed but, like anything else, when that is all you have, it can wear thin.

Yah, I've also heard similar things down through the years. But it's not like that for all the staff; many people enjoy being away from the mainland, and like the comradery of the crew. I think, like everything else, it all depends on whether you have a great boss, or a loser.

donaldtoo

The sticker price on a lot of the compacts is way too high. Your parents' experience and mine was far different. I don't recall how old I was at the time, but I do remember asking my father how much the new car cost. (They'd get a new car every 4 years.) It was a Ford (haven't a clue what name of model) and it was a 4-door, full sized car, bench seats front and back, and full-sized trunk. You could fit a boat in that trunk! ;)

So he tells me, "It was a lot of money--$4,000!" I nearly hit the floor -- $4,000!! For a kid, that seems like all the money in the world!

I was 15 when my folks bought that Buick. It seems we are pretty close in age, so if you were still a kiddo when they bought that car it was most likely a Ford LTD.

When your average full-size new car started approaching $10,000 I remember thinking... “Holy Carp!!! 5 figures for a friggin’ car!!!!! :oops:
Now they’re 3x +...!!!!! :eek::cyclops::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom