The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

You could always buy the "painted" ones online and then glue to the standard magicbands.

Last year I got the Flower & Garden sticker from Myfantasybands.com it worked pretty good... and they do have a small world sticker... but it's not as cute as this one. I just keep telling myself that I have my orange bird magic band... and I'll have 2 other new magic bands this trip, so I just need to be happy with free magic bands!

12in12

I'm here! Limited interaction due to busy life! I have house guests who are competing in the Arnold Classic and A's FOURTH birthday party this weekend, plus I have a full time foster dog and house projects. So I've been keeping busy.

I sat down to start writing too. Going to write a book or two about my childhood living in a school bus.

But seriously.... A is four. FOUR. I feel like I just had her last year, LOL. Time certainly flies.
Happy Birthday to A, I hope it's a magical one.
giphy.gif

That picture was taken on the tube here in London, I recognize the seat fabric. :)

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Nope....I'll only eat cheese if it's melted/cooked into something. I know....I moved to the wrong country. Between my hatred of the color orange, my dislike of cheese, and bicycle riding, I'm really not ever going to fit in here!
Have you looked into a recumbent bicycle? @epcotisbest has one as does my dh and they say they're more comfortable

Very comfortable and fun to ride.

donaldtoo

My sister did that with my parents old 8mm movies. It is a hoot to see them. When I see myself as a teenager, with a flat belly and non-sagging skin all I can say is Wow... was I ever good looking or what! But, that would be vanity and that would be wrong. So let's say I looked about normal for the time. They were all pretty good unless the camera was operated by my Mother. She operated a movie camera like a regular camera and only held the button for a second so all you got were tiny little snippets of scenery or action. She also had a tendency to cut off everyone's head. I should look around an see if I can get the VCR tapes put on a DVD. I have the same problem with a big stack of Cassette tapes and a bigger stack of vinyl records. I understand records are coming back in certain circles and that means that turn tables are still being made.

Agree on the vinyl...
I stil have the stereo I bought back in ‘80, with the Hitachi receiver/amplifier, dual tape deck, and turntable, plus the Accord (made in Massachusetts) kickass giant speakers...!!!!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::happy:;);)

Songbird76

Have you looked into a recumbent bicycle? @epcotisbest has one as does my dh and they say they're more comfortable
Nah, it's not so much that it's uncomfortable. It's just that I hate it. I HATE getting sweaty for transportation. If I'm going to get all sweaty, I want to be home so I can shower when I'm done. But a couple of minutes on a bike, even going at a moderate speed, I'm sweating and red-faced, and then when I stop, my body temp completely crashes and I can't warm up. I would much rather walk, but my work and DS's school are both too far to walk it. It takes us about an hour and a half to walk. So the bike is a necessary evil.

MouseDreaming

Rant: This really irritates me... why don't they just wait and see what happens like they did when I was growing up. More than once they have called off school here and then we don't get the weather predicted. Waste of a day!
Because, in a world where it is more than likely both parents work, and the kiddo(s) can't be left home alone, and you have already maxed out your time out of work covering other snow days, you need some time to come up with a plan. This is just one scenario. If you work a job with no time off or sick time, are a single parent, well things get more complicated.

SteveBrickNJ

Because, in a world where it is more than likely both parents work, and the kiddo(s) can't be left home alone, and you have already maxed out your time out of work covering other snow days, you need some time to come up with a plan. This is just one scenario. If you work a job with no time off or sick time, are a single parent, well things get more complicated.

I agree that it is frustrating when a school system cancels school on a given evening because of a forecast snow for the next day....then that now canceled day materializes and it doesn't even snow or it is just an inch.
Yet I also want to agree with @MouseDreaming 's answer. There are people who would freak out :eek: if they were notified at 6:15am that school was gonna be closed rather than a delayed opening. I'm glad I'm not in charge of making the school closed or not kind of decision 😌

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom