The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Yeah, I am not ready to give up eggs and cottage cheese. The switch to vegetarian has been pretty easy though. The only thing we really gave up was chicken, as we don't typically eat red meat. Well, pulled pork and bacon too. So we'll see where this takes us, but it hasn't been difficult so far. Like... it felt like a tweak, not a change. If that makes sense. Giving up eggs and cottage cheese would be a huge change.

Oh, and the supplements I bought were from my doctor... I think they're megatronics or something like that.

That’s awesome!

I use ground turkey, ground veal, and turkey bacon in a few meals in the winter.. summer we don’t have too many meat dishes.. chicken salad is kind of a staple for me though... I’m also a huge fan of pre seasoned single-serving fish from the grocery, for T.

Songbird76

I think that's probably an issue with their particular diet. Or their home environment or genetics? I have many vegan friends who never get sick. And many who do. I need eggs,... LOL
There was a mom at DS's school who was like....dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, etc...and her kids were sick ALL THE TIME. Constantly out of school because they were sick. I think it has more to do with your own personal immune system than it does with diet. My dad's idea of a "diet" was to cut down his lunch to "a box of crackers and 6 cookies per day" and he was 84 when he died. My mom was diabetic, was on a pretty strict diet and still got cancer and passed at not quite 64. I think if a dietary change makes you feel better, great!! But it's definitely not a magic pill for everyone. You do what works, and if it doesn't work, you try something else. I'm glad what you're doing is making you feel great.

Songbird76

Schools hard right now, kids are mean, I’m bullied, I feel like everyone hates me. It’s just uhhhhh.....☹️😩
I'm sorry that's happening. I know how hard that is. Do you have any extra-curriculars or groups that you belong to? Like a church group or music or fan club? If you can't find kids at your school you fit in with, maybe you can find some in a special interest group.

THE Monorail Lime

I'm sorry that's happening. I know how hard that is. Do you have any extra-curriculars or groups that you belong to? Like a church group or music or fan club? If you can't find kids at your school you fit in with, maybe you can find some in a special interest group.
I don’t like sports and I’m not religious (atheist). To be honest I’m the nerdy kid that would rather be Playing Pokémon, or dungeons and dragons 🤓

MySmallWorldof4

You should schedule a neurology appointment. ASAP.

;)

This is wonderful advice.

@IamGroot! , I agree with @MySmallWorldof4 Just stand up to them in a very nonchalant way. Are you interested in Amy extracurricular activities? Maybe join a club at school and meet some new people?
Thank you. Like I said, I don't know how advice like that will fly nowadays. Kids seem to be a tad more different than when we were growing up. I think the extracurricular groups or a club to join would be a great idea @IamGroot! .Keep us informed as to how things are going. Do your parents know about your issues?

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah, I am not ready to give up eggs and cottage cheese. The switch to vegetarian has been pretty easy though. The only thing we really gave up was chicken, as we don't typically eat red meat. Well, pulled pork and bacon too. So we'll see where this takes us, but it hasn't been difficult so far. Like... it felt like a tweak, not a change. If that makes sense. Giving up eggs and cottage cheese would be a huge change.

Oh, and the supplements I bought were from my doctor... I think they're megatronics or something like that.
I can help you with the pork. Pigs are bottom feeders meaning they will eat everyones/everythings leftover carp. Plus they don't sweat, so all the toxins from everything they have eaten (think pesticides) gets stored in their fat. So when you eat the fat, you are ingesting toxins. But this knowledge and my dh and dd will still eat it. People can make their own choices about food and that is fine by me.

MySmallWorldof4

There was a mom at DS's school who was like....dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, etc...and her kids were sick ALL THE TIME. Constantly out of school because they were sick. I think it has more to do with your own personal immune system than it does with diet. My dad's idea of a "diet" was to cut down his lunch to "a box of crackers and 6 cookies per day" and he was 84 when he died. My mom was diabetic, was on a pretty strict diet and still got cancer and passed at not quite 64. I think if a dietary change makes you feel better, great!! But it's definitely not a magic pill for everyone. You do what works, and if it doesn't work, you try something else. I'm glad what you're doing is making you feel great.
The most important thing is to get all the nutrients your body needs daily. When you are vegan or vegetarian you should get bloodwork done once a year at least to make sure you have the proper chemistry.I cut out carbs for a while and noticed a change, not in a good way. I added them back in, and then felt better. My physician is fine with my diet and says I should be getting enough protein now. I purchased at Walmart of all places an organic coconut protein powder. It has coconut and pea protein in it. 20 grams of protein in 2 scoops. I added it to my berry/spinach smoothie yesterday and it was delicious-meaning I didn't taste it.;) Being under a physicians or nutritionists care for diet adjustments is important. Luckily my physician is knowledgeable in nutrition.:)

MySmallWorldof4

I don’t like sports and I’m not religious (atheist). To be honest I’m the nerdy kid that would rather be Playing Pokémon, or dungeons and dragons 🤓
Do you have a computer club? My ds who is 15 doesn't like sports either, to his father's chagrin. He is on the computer, or building Lego buildings. He is building a computer now. He got 2 more parts in the mail today.

Songbird76

Groot is good 👍😋
The trick is to not continue repeating to yourself what they say. Sometimes, when people say awful things about us, we start to believe them, and even when they aren't around, we tell ourselves the things they do....we pick up where they left off. So I used to come home from school, telling myself I was fat and ugly and a cow and a nerd, etc, even though they weren't at my house to say those things to me. And it makes you feel horrible. I know it's REALLY hard, but you have to remember, what they are saying about you says more about them than it says about you.
They are trying to make you feel bad because they need to bring you down to their level so they don't feel inferior. They probably perceive something about you, a talent or skill, or something that makes them wish they had that...and because they don't, they feel inferior. So they have to do one of 2 things. They have to make themselves look better by bragging about how good they are at something, OR they have to make you feel bad about yourself so they look better in comparison. If they had the talents, the skills, the people in their lives, to make them feel proud of themselves and make them feel loved, they wouldn't need to lash out at you. It's not about you. It's a lack in themselves that they are trying to fill.
Maybe this could help?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom