The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

This was hilarious! I'm going to be sharing it with a few of my fellow teachers. I have also seen some fun answers like this. I keep a file folder with funny responses and things that students do. The latest one was yesterday my high school Physical Science class was supposed to do some calculation questions on the test. For one answer the student wrote: "only Jesus knows", and the other was "Jesus is the answer". I just wrote back interesting answers but these answers are for everyone to know. I wanted to write Jesus wishes you would try harder in class and know the answer, but we are a public school.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Jennifer, what kind of books do you like to read?
Mysteries. But nothing gory, nothing graphic, nothing with obscene language.
I read "cozies" - along the lines of Agatha Christie, Murder She Wrote and Monk.
I also read all the Stephanie Plum and Spenser for Hire novels, despite the occasional F-bomb.

I am so over the Kellerman, Hoag, Sandfords. Haven't read that type of stuff in 15+ years.

JenniferS

I can't recall ever agreeing with Goofyernmost. You might consider me a "doom and gloomer" but I hate that expression. :(

Walt Disney is my hero. I didn't have much of a Father growing up and weird as it may seem I saw Walt Disney as a Father figure. I would stay up late to watch Walt present Disneyland/The Wonderful World of Color and think to myself "I wish I had a Dad like that." Maybe the whole thing is silly but that's why I care so much about what happens to his company. It's clear to me that Disney currently isn't living up to the standard he set and I feel like I have to call the company out on that.
Agree with most of what you have said; however, not EVERYTHING done in the past 20 years was to the parks' detriment. Some of it is for the better. There are some in N&G who refuse to admit that some things were actually improvements.
@Goofyernmost is not afraid to spar with them.

Goofyernmost

I can't recall ever agreeing with Goofyernmost. You might consider me a "doom and gloomer" but I hate that expression. :(

Walt Disney is my hero. I didn't have much of a Father growing up and weird as it may seem I saw Walt Disney as a Father figure. I would stay up late to watch Walt present Disneyland/The Wonderful World of Color and think to myself "I wish I had a Dad like that." Maybe the whole thing is silly but that's why I care so much about what happens to his company. It's clear to me that Disney currently isn't living up to the standard he set and I feel like I have to call the company out on that.
And you know what? The beauty of it all is that you in no way, manner, shape or form have to agree with anything I ever post. But, like it's your right to see things one way it is mine to possibly see them differently. You approach Disney on a purely emotional level. If I were to approach it that way I wouldn't be happy until I saw Annette dancing up main street. I look at it as something that is no longer "Walts", it is publicly held and run. To me the emotional outlook is OK, that's good for a lot of people and even I have a small sector of that inside, however, it seems to me that when approached only that way one spends entirely too much time focusing on what isn't there and not taking time to see what it there and imagining its potential or purpose.

I attempt to explain rationally what I think is happening. In some cases, I have been told, people had not really thought about it that way and now understood a little bit better. That's what keeps me motivated. I will never try and explain away a logical, thought out and complete observation. I will, however, call out those that are not ever even trying to see anything positive in anything. Whether we like it or not... This is not Walt's Disneyland or Disney World. It has outgrown that and has had to make some practical moves that alter the memories of some of its fans. Some changes are good, some not so much, but, they all have a reason and it isn't always because they are cheap. That is just the conclusion that so many jump too.

I actually feel sorry for the "so called" Doom and Gloomers. As you should know, if you have been here awhile, I am also hair triggered about labeling. To me it's just a sad outlook that prevents them from enjoying things simply because they are not exactly the same as they always were. I'm so happy that I don't see things that way. I am still able to recognize things that are bad. A couple of years back I posted a rather long essay on what I felt had fallen apart at WDW and why it didn't seem to have the glamor that it once had. I'm not always pro-corporate. But, pointing fingers, gnashing of teeth, high anxiety and whatever is displayed for public consumption on these threads are not very often 'carved in stone' facts either.

Anyway, this is way to heavy to continue on the Chit Chat Thread so if you would like to discuss this further please PM me.

Last edited:

Eric1955

Agree with most of what you have said; however, not EVERYTHING done in the past 20 years was to the parks' detriment. Some of it is for the better. There are some in N&G who refuse to admit that some things were actually improvements.
@Goofyernmost is not afraid to spar with them.

I agree that not everything done in the past 20 years has been bad. I'm even capable of enjoying things I think were mistakes. I still love Walt Disney World even in it's imperfect form.

betty rose

Mysteries. But nothing gory, nothing graphic, nothing with obscene language.
I read "cozies" - along the lines of Agatha Christie, Murder She Wrote and Monk.
I also read all the Stephanie Plum and Spenser for Hire novels, despite the occasional F-bomb.

I am so over the Kellerman, Hoag, Sandfords. Haven't read that type of stuff in 15+ years.
We have the same taste in books. I like JoAnn Fluke, her first series about a caterer . She has a good sense of humor, and very good recipes. Granted, I don't have a refined palette. Just home cooked type of meals.

donaldtoo

OK, here's one for y'all...

The guy that installed the new wood floors and carpet in our office had scheduled an 11a luncheon with another company, unrelated to ours, and in a completely different office complex, not near here. We had a scheduled noon luncheon at our office as well, with another company that does intelligent home systems.
Well, both food orders somehow showed up here. :confused:
When our office manager called the flooring guy he just said "Enjoy!"...!!!!! :joyfull:

Lunch #1 - Pork and chicken soft tacos...

image.jpg

Lunch#2 - Shrimp and beef soft tacos...

image.jpg

:)

betty rose

The guy that installed the new wood floors and carpet in our office had scheduled an 11a luncheon with another company, unrelated to ours, and in a completely different office complex, not near here. We had a scheduled noon luncheon at our office as well, with another company that does intelligent home systems.
When our office manager called the flooring guy he just said "Enjoy!"...!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 92870

View attachment 92871

I'll take the beef and pork.:)

Eric1955

And you know what? The beauty of it all is that you in no way, manner, shape or form have to agree with anything I ever post. But, like it's your right to see things one way it is mine to possible see them differently. You approach Disney on a purely emotional level. If I were to approach it that way I wouldn't be happy until I saw Annette dancing up main street. I look at it as something that is no longer "Walts", it is publicly held and run. To me the emotional outlook is OK, that's good for a lot of people and even I have a small sector of that inside, however, it seems to me that when approached only that way one spends entirely too much time focusing on what isn't there and not taking time to see what it there and imagining its potential or purpose.

I attempt to explain rationally what I think is happening. In some cases, I have been told, people had not really thought about it that way and now understood a little bit better. That's what keeps me motivated. I will never try and explain away a logical, thought out and complete observation. I will, however, call out those that are not ever even trying to see anything positive in anything. Whether we like it or not... This is not Walt's Disneyland or Disney World. It has outgrown that and has had to make some practical moves that alter the memories of some of its fans. Some changes are good, some not so much, but, they all have a reason and it isn't always because they are cheap. That is just the conclusion that so many jump too.

I actually feel sorry for the "so called" Doom and Gloomers. As you should know, if you have been here awhile, I am also hair triggered about labeling. To me it's just a sad outlook that prevents them from enjoying things simply because they are not exactly the same as they always were. I'm so happy that I don't see things that way. I am still able to recognize things that are bad. A couple of years back I posted a rather long essay on what I felt had fallen apart at WDW and why it didn't seem to have the glamor that it once had. I'm not always pro-corporate. But, pointing fingers, gnashing of teeth, high anxiety and whatever is displayed for public consumption on these threads are not very often 'carved in stone' facts either.

Anyway, this is way to heavy to continue on the Chit Chat Thread so if you would like to discuss this further please PM me.

Your right that the Chit Chat Thread isn't the place to discuss this (although the conversation would probably be more cordial), so this will be my last post on the subject. I try to avoid back and forths. That's why I don't post a lot in the News and Rumors forum. I find that too many people on both sides have bad attitudes. I could think of several members that I usually agree with but think are too mean spirited and make their points in the wrong way. However, I must admit that I myself am guilty of getting more frustrated than I should with people I simply disagree with.

You shouldn't feel sorry for someone like me though. When I go to Walt Disney World I have a blast. I don't walk around the parks depressed and complaining. Sure, it saddens me that the people currently running Disney couldn't give a rip about Walt and I wish they would do things a bit differently but I'm able to put that aside and enjoy Walt Disney World for what it is.

JenniferS

We have the same taste in books. I like JoAnn Fluke, her first series about a caterer . She has a good sense of humor, and very good recipes. Granted, I don't have a refined palette. Just home cooked type of meals.
I've read all the Hannah Swensen mysteries.
They have become very formulaic as of late. Not awful, just not as good as her earlier books.

You might enjoy M.C. Beaton's books - the Hamish McBeth series and the Agatha Raisin series.
The Agatha Raisins have also become very predictable and contrived, but the first 10 or so are excellent.

NadiaBelle

View attachment 92870

View attachment 92871

OMG! That looks soooo good!!!

You know how to make a big girl sweat LOL

Watch your fingers, I'm hongry!

tumblr_muss1xbo6L1s54r51o2_250.gif

Cesar R M

View attachment 92870

View attachment 92871

oh my.. those look delicious!
tdo_want.jpg

JenniferS

View attachment 92870

View attachment 92871

I'll have one of each, please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom