The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Have not seen that movie. I've heard it's very well made. I was thinking about reading the book once this semester is over. I also promised my younger brother that I would take him to see Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. It was a favorite book of both of us growing up.:)

I loved reading that book to my kids. I also had a soft spot for most of the series of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie books.

In lieu of a card for the Mom to Be we were asked to buy a book and sign that instead. My DD book will be Mouse a Cookie, mine, a tribute to Walter Dog, the multi award winning children's book named Walter the *arting Dog.
No joke. The first time I saw it was in The Children's Museum at Navy Pier Chicago.

MOXOMUMD

I loved reading that book to my kids. I also had a soft spot for most of the series of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie books.

In lieu of a card for the Mom to Be we were asked to buy a book and sign that instead. My DD book will be Mouse a Cookie, mine, a tribute to Walter Dog, the multi award winning children's book named Walter the *arting Dog.
No joke. The first time I saw it was in The Children's Museum at Navy Pier Chicago.
I like the book If You Give A Pig A Pancake.

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was like why did the Bob Saget thread got locked and then I saw this thread. But in reply to @StarWarsGirl95

Most of my music, TV shows and news is foreign. Yes, I get British news about America. BBC America and I are best friends. When I get my own place....I don't see the need for cable, the only channels I watch are ABC, BBC and USA. Though having no sports or live entertainment would stink.

Out of the music I like, about half is British. I have shirts, Liverpool stuff, British things for the house. I say British words. I like their sense of humour. My parents wonder where they got me. Favorite actors/actresses are British but you get the idea. ;)

Then you would be sooo envious of my daughter and son-in-law - they're currently living in Oxford. And yes, it is just like what you see watching Inspector Morse. ;)

FutureCEO

Then you would be sooo envious of my daughter and son-in-law - they're currently living in Oxford. And yes, it is just like what you see watching Inspector Morse. ;)

I am really jealous. Really jealous. I might have to be adopted. That's why I want to get hired by an international company but that's not happening. Going to cry myself to sleep tonight.

Though I imagine driving on the opposite side of the road is hard. I just love old buildings.

Our first freeze watch/warning of the season. Might get down to 32.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I'm in too. Thanks @The Mom. I saw Book Of Life today and loved it. Also made a side trip to the Halloween night at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium and the divers were in the shark tank dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so that made for an awesome day.
please tell me you took pictures of that.

also, speaking of Baymax.
Baymax in the comic looks SO DIFFERENT from the design of Pixar.. and I mean.. REALLY different.

Cesar R M

Also, whasup with the bob saget thread? any idea why it was locked? o_o
It reached the limit? getting too big for the forum?

Lucky

I was there for a conference a few years ago and visited the bar where Bill Clinton didn't inhale:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turf_Tavern

I even managed to hit my head on one of the low beams in the front bar they warn you about. :oops:

OSUgirl77

I was like why did the Bob Saget thread got locked and then I saw this thread. But in reply to @StarWarsGirl95

Most of my music, TV shows and news is foreign. Yes, I get British news about America. BBC America and I are best friends. When I get my own place....I don't see the need for cable, the only channels I watch are ABC, BBC and USA. Though having no sports or live entertainment would stink.

Out of the music I like, about half is British. I have shirts, Liverpool stuff, British things for the house. I say British words. I like their sense of humour. My parents wonder where they got me. Favorite actors/actresses are British but you get the idea. ;)
I went through a British phase when I was in college. Watched a lot of Kenneth Branagh movies, read a lot of Jane Austen, drank a lot of Earl Gray tea. I'm still very much an Anglophile, but not even close to the same extent, and not nearly as much as you are. Have you ever thought of applying to grad school in England? I'm not sure how old you are, but it seems like you would still be young enough to still be interested in that sort of thing. Might be an easier way to get to England than trying to find a job. Just a thought. :)

FutureCEO

I went through a British phase when I was in college. Watched a lot of Kenneth Branagh movies, read a lot of Jane Austen, drank a lot of Earl Gray tea. I'm still very much an Anglophile, but not even close to the same extent, and not nearly as much as you are. Have you ever thought of applying to grad school in England? I'm not sure how old you are, but it seems like you would still be young enough to still be interested in that sort of thing. Might be an easier way to get to England than trying to find a job. Just a thought. :)

Money. The pound was 2 to 1 to the dollar when I graduated. Now it's 1.6 to 1. Which is cheaper than American colleges after you factor that in. Still expensive though. Plus I would be living in one of the most expensive cities in the world. I really don't want more loans when there is no guaranteed way to pay them back. Plus they kick you out the country afterwards.

If I'm having trouble getting a job with my bachelor's, why bother get my masters.

donaldtoo

I absolutely love British humor/humour...!!! :joyfull:
Other than that, I'm not really much into their culture. They just seem to crack me the heck up...! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom