The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In that case you'll really enjoy Christmas and New Year Eve/Day as Santa is getting me a pasta roller:inlove: Santa says it's a house gift and not a me gift but we all know who is going to use it.
I'm planning on making tagliatelle with mushroom sauce for Christmas as the pasta course and lasagna for either NYE or NYD depending on dh's schedule
You're already planning menus for Christmas and New Year's Eve??!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
You're already planning menus for Christmas and New Year's Eve??!!
Planned;) The only issue is NYE/NYD as to what will be served when as dh doesn't know his work hours yet
I already have all the baking supplies I'll need through then, including the chocolate chips and chunks(bought on sale and used coupons). I vac sealed and froze the butter from the farm market for the cookies we're not eating and stocked up and did the same with the df butter while it was on sale the first week of turkey qualifying as it was on sale

Figgy1

Premium Member
guy fawkes friends GIF by Finger Industries

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I don't particularly like turning the clocks back physically, but as a morning person, I like my daylight earlier in the day. I usually have very little energy left by 5pm anyway, so why waste daylight on a couch potato.
I have a wall clock that is in my office area behind and above (duh) my desk. It is almost impossible to reach (due to careful planning on my part) and takes at least 15 tries of carefully aiming it towards the nail that is holding it up. I tend to give up after 14 tries and walk away for an hour or so. For some reason, that I do not understand, when I try it one more time it goes into place immediately. I think the place is haunted!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Easy shopping list for you, for the 7 fishes dinner -- (4 in cans, and 3 for freezer) . Buy ahead -- easy peasy!!! :happy:

View attachment 676804
View attachment 676805

View attachment 676806

View attachment 676807

View attachment 676808

View attachment 676809

View attachment 676810
Um no thank you we do not wish to spend Christmas in the ER;)
Not to mention most of that is high in sodium;)
Bacala is high in sodium but it's not dh's favorite, so I am planning on getting some of that. I stuff my own clams thank you very much. The guys all like mussels in a hot gravy. I'll probably buy frozen calamari if it goes on sale before Christmas week. The same goes for octopus which I'll grill. Shrimp scampi is a must almost every year and I'll look for a fish that goes well in salad maybe fresh tuna or wild caught salmon or wild caught rainbow trout depending on what's available and what looks the nicest. White wine during the early part of the meal chianti for the latter part.

donaldtoo

I took mine in a 1963 Buick LaSabre like the one below, same color even. What a tank that was. It had the biggest Buick engine available, 4 bar. Carb. with the famous Dynaflow Automatic Transmission and got 6 miles per gallon highway. That thing could do everything except drive past a gas station.,

View attachment 676781

If you’ve ever watched any classic car auctions these days, that boat would probably be worth some decent cash…!!!!! :greedy: :hilarious:

donaldtoo

I had a 1990 Dodge Caravan that was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. It was like the Eveready Rabbit. It just kept going and going and going. I couldn't kill it. I put 180K miles on it. I sold it and for two years after that it went flying by me on the interstate on my way to work. It had a V6 engine. I think that was the difference. I heard a lot about problems with others and I think is was because the 4 cyl. was underpowered and just couldn't handle the pressure. I also heard that even with a front wheel drive they had trouble in snow. Mine would go through anything with just all season tires. I loved that van and still miss it. She made a lot of Vermont to WDW road trips.

Yep, we’ve both posted about our Chrysler product experiences many times over the years.
It’s great that yours were good experiences, but, both of ours just sucked.
Once they got to a certain low-to-mid mileage point, both the ‘90 Jeep Cherokee Laredo and the ‘01 Dodge Grand Caravan began to have minor to major problems, and in the end, turned out to be just plain garbage for us.
By the time we dumped them, both had leaking front and rear main seals, broken drivers bucket seats, trim issues, etc., etc., etc.
Both had 6-cylinder engines…the Cherokee a straight 6, the Caravan a V-6 (after all, it was a “Grand” Caravan…!!!!! :hilarious: ;))
Both were Carolyn’s main transportation, and she has driven like a church lady since the day I met her…except for braking…as I’ve posted before, she’s always been particularly hard on brakes…!!!!! :hilarious:
Simply, we’ll never buy another Chrysler product again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom