The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Just a side note here about the mortgage rate sometimes being even lower, than a rental rate. Some people may be aware of that, but the real issue is that many could not come up with the down payment amount , on a house. So that's also a common challenge among some of those who'd absolutely choose to buy a house, if the down payment wasn't so high.

Depending on the type of loan you can qualify for, down payments can be quite low, but, then there are things like credit ratings, etc., that can also throw a wrench in the works.
Yep, all kinds of variables in the rent vs. own mix.

donaldtoo

Long story short, decided recently to donate my old car to charity (Vietnam Veterans of MA). A number of charities up here work with the car auction houses (some of those are huge), and the buyers bid on them. Some buyers (usually dealers, but others, too) buy the cars for repairs they know are needed--so they can flip for a higher price to sell; some are bought just for parts; and some go to salvage places and sold for the metal. The auction houses get a percent of the sales, and the charities get a percent (varies how much, depending upon various deals each has set up).

Good thing is that the auction places tow the car away for free, so that's helpful, particularly in the case of a car you know you can't sell for much anyway.

Then, of course, there's the social sideshow going on in the driveway, between tow driver and hubs. Guys just love to talk about cars -- old cars, new cars, cars that work, and cars that don't. :p Hubs enjoyed helping the guy push the car (big fun 🤦‍♀️) on to the rear hitch (truck was a very long flatbed with one car already on top of it). Ours was dinky -- so the tow guy set it up for towing, hitched up to the back of this large truck, with our car's back wheels on the road. (Man had to haul both cars to the MA/NY border.) It was the highlight of hubs' morning. :joyfull:

It’s a (mostly ;)) guy thing, for sure…!!!!! :D:hilarious:

A04B3F8B-0EF5-466F-93B9-9F49D7195ECD.gifCC9B4DB6-0D70-428E-A058-FA3D88920506.gif

Figgy1

Premium Member
It’s a (mostly ;)) guy thing, for sure…!!!!! :D:hilarious:

View attachment 639918View attachment 639917
Tim Allen Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

wdwfan4ver

Friday's are not a pizza day for me. I had pizza on Wednesday and Thursday. I had a pepperoni and sausage pizza on Wednesday and Mushroom, onion, and sausage pizza on Thursday.

Friday's are usually my fish fry day. I do know I will not have fish for a Friday next month due to me being in Door County. That Friday in Door County, I am going to be a pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries at Casey's BBQ and smokehouse.

I am not planning on having pizza in Door County. I do know about the new pizza place there, but I'll be eating Bayside Tavern for 2 out the 3 days there and I'll be drink root beer at the Bayside tavern. Bayside has munchie basket as a side I'll be sharing since it is designed multiple people to eat it. I wouldn't be shocked if your boys have their own munchie basket despite the amount of foods in it if they ever go there due to their appetite. They also have a bunch of different options there including burgers.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
All ears and Disney Food Blog are owned by the same company aka Cambrick Yard Media. AJ Wolfe is the owner of Cambrick Yard Media. Molly of Allears is an employee of Cambrick Yard Media and is a professional theme park goer. They did not report the rumor though.

I did not see that story either site, but I did see it on The Voldemort of sites aka Tom. Tom is the owner. Tom's website does do food reviews at times besides rumors and news. His youtube channel also does have that rumor, I no idea if tom's youtube channel is blocked here.
That goes way back. It was over a photo a member posted that was nameless took strong objections to aka site stealing. It was a member not owner and it was removed but the tantrum was beyond ridiculous. I was online as the stupidity increased. Ultimate the owner ended it with the ban. I was in awe. You will continue to see members use ‘he who shall not be named’. It is kinda cute years later.

But I am proud of Disney acknowledging it wasn’t nameless this time but Disney staff.

StarWarsGirl

That goes way back. It was over a photo a member posted that was nameless took strong objections to aka site stealing. It was a member not owner and it was removed but the tantrum was beyond ridiculous. I was online as the stupidity increased. Ultimate the owner ended it with the ban. I was in awe. You will continue to see members use ‘he who shall not be named’. It is kinda cute years later.

But I am proud of Disney acknowledging it wasn’t nameless this time but Disney staff.
I love how if you put in a link or the name of that site, it gets censored here. My mom and I call it the site that shall not be named for that reason.

I'm like, "Where did you get your info?"
"The site that shall not be named."
"I see. Don't believe it." :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom