The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

I missed my pool in the morning and at night. I also miss the pool water almost like jacuzzi water. They actually say Orlando is the worst place to live right now based on high apartment prices and very low wages.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Snail salad, shrimp, quahogs, salmon...let's make it 7 fishes but for Memorials Day
Go Go Go Reaction GIF

FutureCEO

By the way, what was the highlight of your recent vacation?
That's tough. Food is always good. Had Dole Whip for the first time ever, Citrus Swirl, Pineapple Tofu at the Jungle Cruise restaurant was good. Citrus Swirl. If I moved to Florida and had a pool near me, I would totally go in everyday.

Though can you really base a Disney vacation off of food and the pool? Because I didn't like the two firework shows (though we watched the MK second night coming off the Jungle Cruise so that was good...less people). I don't like the newer rides. The only ride worth talking about in the past few years is Avatar (even though I hate the movie) and Rise to Resistance. For the life of me, I don't understand the whole Peter Pan and the hour plus waits all the time.

I saw the like a dozen baby ducks at Animal Kingdom so that was cute. Actually saw the cheetahs really good for the first time. Usually they are in the shade and elephants fighting or "showing the ropes" in Disney speak.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That's tough. Food is always good. Had Dole Whip for the first time ever, Citrus Swirl, Pineapple Tofu at the Jungle Cruise restaurant was good. Citrus Swirl. If I moved to Florida and had a pool near me, I would totally go in everyday.

Though can you really base a Disney vacation off of food and the pool? Because I didn't like the two firework shows (though we watched the MK second night coming off the Jungle Cruise so that was good...less people). I don't like the newer rides. The only ride worth talking about in the past few years is Avatar (even though I hate the movie) and Rise to Resistance. For the life of me, I don't understand the whole Peter Pan and the hour plus waits all the time.

I saw the like a dozen baby ducks at Animal Kingdom so that was cute. Actually saw the cheetahs really good for the first time. Usually they are in the shade and elephants fighting or "showing the ropes" in Disney speak.
Yah, it's a treat when you get to see the cheetahs. They're beautiful animals.

That's great that you tried the Dole Whip. For me, it's a necessary part of any vacation at WDW. I like the original, but many others like yourself, prefer the citrus swirl. Can't go wrong with either one, actually. :hungry:

I was on FOP 4 years ago -- really liked it. But I'm also a big fan of the old classics in the various parks -- that includes Peter Pan's flight. The only issue with that is the crazy long wait to get on. Plus they shortened the ride a bit, from what it was years ago. (That may be up for debate, but I"m sticking to my story on that one. :cautious: )

Agree that pools are nice. (Although in winter, I'd turn mine into a backyard skating rink!) :p

Glad you enjoyed the vacation. Must have been nice to get away.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Took advantage of the beautiful day to get some pics of these sculptures, titled Mammoths (Right) and Mastodons (left). These sculptures were originally installed at the entrances of the Cleveland Zoo's elephant exhibit until they were removed in 2008 as the zoo rebuilt the elephant exhibit. They were moved here in 2016.
Both.jpg
Mastodons.jpg
Mammoths.jpg

FutureCEO

Yah, it's a treat when you get to see the cheetahs. They're beautiful animals.

That's great that you tried the Dole Whip. For me, it's a necessary part of any vacation at WDW. I like the original, but many others like yourself, prefer the citrus swirl. Can't go wrong with either one, actually. :hungry:

I was on FOP 4 years ago -- really liked it. But I'm also a big fan of the old classics in the various parks -- that includes Peter Pan's flight. The only issue with that is the crazy long wait to get on. Plus they shortened the ride a bit, from what it was years ago. (That may be up for debate, but I"m sticking to my story on that one. :cautious: )

Agree that pools are nice. (Although in winter, I'd turn mine into a backyard skating rink!) :p

Glad you enjoyed the vacation. Must have been nice to get away.

Next vacation is London

donaldtoo

That is not the only thing with being a homeowner. I mentioned last week about about insurance wanting you to do certain things. I know a fact insurance companies want home owners to replace their roof after every 20 years even if the roof is in great condition with it able to last for 40 years.

Since I live in Wisconsin, I can give a roof replacement range. Roof is anywhere from $10,000 to $33,000 depending on who does the work and how bad the roof is when it comes to wood. Each state is likely to be different in roof prices. If the Roof has wood issue, it still can be under $20,000 in Wisconsin.

As far as a $33,000 roof goes, that is caused by what materials and stuff the roofing company does for trying to improve the value of the house.

We first had our roof replaced about 22 years ago. Cost about $1,400. Had it replaced again about 2 years ago. Cost about $5,000.
Fortunately, both times, a relative of Carolyn’s was involved, so we got a great deal…!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom