The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Coloring in cats is related to the X chromosome. Black and White patterns can be contained in a single X chromosome, so you'll see males with it, but you'll also see females. When you get a cat with one bicolor X chromosome and a tabby x chromosome, you'll end up with a tricolored cat. This is why you usually only see female cats with three colors. If you have a male that's tricolor, most likely he's XXY, not XY, and also sterile.

Tabbies, on the other hand are usually, though not always, male because a female cat has to inherit the tabby X chromosome from both parents, and it usually doesn't happen.
I knew none of that.

Cesar R M

And just because, here is Marble with Callum and Nabooru (I've most likely shared these before, but I can't help it! They are our babies!) 😍
View attachment 400003

View attachment 400004
dammit, I want to snuggle a cat now.
Sadly, the cuddly cat owner moved out. And only the silver grumpy cat and the super scaredly ginger one are around where I live.
(the grumpy just flops lazily and bats you if you try to pet him, and the ginger one just runs away scaredly even when he approaches you. bonus points when the ginger is a houdini, getting inside on ANY house. Unlocking doors, moving wood bars, opening ceiling domes, etc..)

KBLovedDisney

dammit, I want to snuggle a cat now.
Sadly, the cuddly cat owner moved out. And only the silver grumpy cat and the super scaredly ginger one are around where I live.
(the grumpy just flops lazily and bats you if you try to pet him, and the ginger one just runs away scaredly even when he approaches you. bonus points when the ginger is a houdini, getting inside on ANY house. Unlocking doors, moving wood bars, opening ceiling domes, etc..)
Callum may look like he wants to snuggle, but I assure you he doesn't (pets only). Him and the hubs get into staring contest though. It's pretty funny. And whenever you are walking to the kitchen, that cat will dart out in front of you and most likely trip you up. It's always advised to walk towards the kitchen via "serpentine". :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

We have 5 cats now. Thinking you need to catch up.
I'd have that many, but my dad would have a fit. I had to beg for him to let me bring Jasmine home. Now that's HIS cat. 🙄

Plus Belle needs the TLC, especially now that she's getting older. There's a good balance right now; the cats are happy, they like each other, they partner together to see if they can get more food out of us... seriously, one will come up and get you to follow her and the other one will be waiting. Or they'll both greet me at the door all wide eyed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom