The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Too many kids are brought into the world for the wrong reasons. I always wanted kids but boy the chicken does it right, sit on the dang egg. I doubt my Sis would have had my niece if the Doc didn't say this year or never....
I'm not sure I want kids, but have accepted that if I get married (something else I don't want to do), it might happen anyway. But if I have kids, other than accidentally getting pregnant, my only reason will be because I, along with whoever I marry, wants them, not because everyone else wants them or expects me to have them. Same thing with getting married: I will if and when I want to, not when everyone else expects me to.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Is it me or are only Hispanics and/or Latinos expected to speak Spanish? You bring up a good point. Even my Asian friends are not expected to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, etc. Even my Native American friends are not expected to speak Navajo (if they are Navajo). Maybe it's just me but I think that's weird.

We have a pretty good trafficking of illegals up in our region most of which are not bilingual and spring, summer, fall here and go south for the winter. Today I noticed the country club dorms are bustling again. By law if they bring their families we must enroll the children in school. We have quite the budget line item for both English Learners and Speech therapy along with interpreters for when the parents come in. Computers have made report cards easier though. Our elementary district sends everything in English and whatever the foreign language is. We also have a huge population of the second immigration flow of Polish also with the problem of outstaying their tourist visas.
\
Some have been here for generations already and many of the kids are don't know their generations before native language. My girlfriend from Cuba that escaped when she was 3 years old didn't teach her 3 kids Cuban because she hated Castro. She does regret it.

Gabe1

I'm not. Cats are far superior IMO.

I might be talked into a small dog. Might. As long as I could still have a cat.

Not for while I still have Belle, though. She's less of a fan of dogs than I am.

My Shepard grew up her first few years with a cat and the cat was around 8 years old already when the puppy came about. The cat made sure the Pup knew who ruled the roost and Pup caught on quickly. One day I turned and did a double take and the cat and the Pup were curled up together in a sunbeam on the floor. Next day in the yard the cat was ontop of the Pups back telling it off. Pup won that round.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So about that picture from earlier with the person getting stuck in the field, I have been bugging the HOA since last June to build a fence there so people can't cut through. But no luck. Have been emailing the property manager about this for a long time. They are putting it on the agenda again for the HOA Board meeting in May. I will definitely be there. They don't fix this and I'm going to be their worst nightmare. I will keep bugging and bugging and never let up until they fix this.

StarWarsGirl

My Shepard grew up her first few years with a cat and the cat was around 8 years old already when the puppy came about. The cat made sure the Pup knew who ruled the roost and Pup caught on quickly. One day I turned and did a double take and the cat and the Pup were curled up together in a sunbeam on the floor. Next day in the yard the cat was ontop of the Pups back telling it off. Pup won that round.
Belle's afraid of dogs. I knew that the first time I met her. I was holding her in the cat room of the shelter, and every time a dog barked, her head whipped around. Every time she sees them at the vet, she goes further back in her carrier. She doesn't like other cats either, though I think I could sooner get a kitten than a dog and have her be okay with it. Which if she moves out with me (which seems likely at this point) I'd get a small kitten. I don't want her to be alone, and I think a kitten would be fine, though no more adult cats unfortunately.

Last edited:

Gabe1

I do like a tan.
Sadly, Irish Hubby with his black hair, hazel eyes, and fair skin, doesn't really tan all that well.

(If he stays out in the sun long enough, eventually his body freckles all run together; so there is that.)

Yeah I was going to crop that photo but got lazy.

I'm am Black Irish and I'm surprised your husband has freckles and is fair. The darker skin of the Spanish in our heritage generally over rides the fair redhead freckled genes.

Gabe1

Belle's afraid of dogs. I knew that the first time I met her. I was holding her in the cat room of the shelter, and every time a dog barked, her head whipped around. Every time she sees them at the vet, she goes further back in her carrier. She doesn't like other cats either, though I think I could sooner get a kitten than a dog and have her be okay with it. Which is she moves out with me (which seems likely at this point) I'd get a small kitten. I don't want her to be alone, and I think a kitten would be fine, though no more adult cats unfortunately.

She might be fine with a kitten. Often the adult females take on babies as their own and then they get to be the dominate one.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yeah I was going to crop that photo but got lazy.

I'm am Black Irish and I'm surprised your husband has freckles and is fair. The darker skin of the Spanish in our heritage generally over rides the fair redhead freckled genes.
No freckles on his face, unlike his red-headed(ish) brother, but certainly on his back and arms.

When we got home from our two week honeymoon, people looked at me and looked at him; then asked, "Did you guys go to the same place?"

Of his family, he is the only one with black hair and hazel eyes.

StarWarsGirl

She might be fine with a kitten. Often the adult females take on babies as their own and then they get to be the dominate one.
I think she would probably mother it. And yes, she would need to be the dominant one. Your first cat should always be dominant. Otherwise, the cats won't get along. She's got a personality and is comfortable enough now to be the dominant cat. But I'm not getting another cat for a while yet, not until I know whether or not I'm taking her with me. I don't want to get another kitten now, and have them become best pals, only for the kitten to get attached to my mom and have it go through withdrawal when I take both of them, or have the kitten really miss Belle when I take her but leave the kitten. I think I will end up having to take Belle with me, though. She's super attached to me, more so than my mother. It was very telling last year and this year going on vacation. Last year, when my parents were home but I was gone, she sat in front of my bedroom door, slept on my bed, walked around meowing pitifully, and was depressed overall. When my parents were gone but I was home, she was fine and acted normal. This year, I came home a day early. As my aunt put it, she sat at the bottom of the basement steps and yelled at me, calling me every name she could think of (which my aunt, who is not a cat person, found absolutely hysterical). Parents came home, and she didn't care. So she'll probably go with me when I move out.

When we got our tabby when I was three, the tuxedo mothered him. And the tuxedo wasn't even female! But he liked other cats. It was fun to watch them groom each other and then chase each other around the house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom