The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think the global warming thing has probably gone by the wayside. What is more likely is that climate change is happening. I'm 70 years old which means I have seen a lot of winters mostly up north. Yes they are different, but, these current events happen way less often then they once did. We had snowbanks up to the eves of most houses. The difference was we didn't have very far to go and if they had closed down schools every time a snowflake fell (human or frozen water) we would all be illiterate. Now we see what to me is a gradual change in north to the south. The south is much cooler and generally the north is much warmer overall then it once was. It was in the early 80's that the south started getting regular snow storms. I drove down from Vermont in one of those snow storms and they had absolutely no snow removal equipment, not even a snow shovel in the area. Since that point the south gets snow regularly where the north more often gets warmer winter weather over that same time span. Back in the 90's I made the statement to a friend that in an other 100 years people will be headed north to live in the winter and the south will be snow bound quite often. It still looks like it is trending that way. Just not this year.

Yah, global warming was the older term/climate change is the current one in use for some years now. I got a chuckle out of your 100 year prediction--who knows, you might be right! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A map gives people a general feel for the area. It makes you know, visualize and understand where you are What the GPS is pinpointing is the specific place that you are in, but, gives you no relation to the entire area around you. I messes up one since of direction big time, especially at night when the is no sun to navigate by. And who carries a compass with them all the time now? Correction... there is an app. for your phone that works like a compass. Ah, yes... the modern world. However, if you battery buys the farm or you drop it in a puddle... you're toast.

Ha! Oh by the way, I get these emails from AAA Travel, and the one today was about the prudence of having a paper map when you travel, as GPS can bite the dust at any time. (They suggested to have both.) So there!! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That reminds me of the meme "Look at all this beautiful WINTER weather... said noone ever"

Then I remember that @MinnieM123 is with us.. :p
iMNbv2g.gif

Good that you remembered that! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom