The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Welcome.
We don't "gossip"; we "share", "update", "apprise" ... but never "gossip". :hilarious::hilarious:

That thread will probably be locked, sooner rather than later.
Yes, it's a good thing that particular poorly located smoking area is being closed.
Yes, smoking is bad.
No, smokers are not generally evil, going out of their way to blow smoke directly in the face of asthmatics.
Geesh!

Yea, been watchin' that one from afar.
Surprised it hasn't been locked yet.
At least, it's been somewhat entertaining. :)

Goofyernmost

Didn't mention it earlier 'cause I thought they'd be gone by mid-morning, but, down here in the Texas Tundra, we still had icicles hangin' from things after 2p...! :cold: ;) :)
How sad for you... It's cold here in NC as well. I suspect that someone left a window open in the greenhouse effect and all the heat got out. (I always loved that line that was told to me by my meteorologist ex-brother in law. A little dated now, but, you get the drift.)
Tee Hee another winter word. Drift!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Didn't mention it earlier 'cause I thought they'd be gone by mid-morning, but, down here in the Texas Tundra, we still had icicles hangin' from things after 2p...! :cold: ;) :)
Ha!

Meanwhile, we have just wrapped up the coldest month in history!
Not just the coldest February (have I mentioned how much I hate February?), but the coldest month eva!
Not once all month have the temps been above freezing. Welcome to Canada!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
How sad for you... It's cold here in NC as well. I suspect that someone left a window open in the greenhouse effect and all the heat got out. (I always loved that line that was told to me by my meteorologist ex-brother in law. A little dated now, but, you get the drift.
)
You're on a roll tonight.
Don't spread yourself too thin.

Oh look, I can make stomach churning puns too.
Now to add the requisite smilie - ;)

donaldtoo

How sad for you... It's cold here in NC as well. I suspect that someone left a window open in the greenhouse effect and all the heat got out. (I always loved that line that was told to me by my meteorologist ex-brother in law. A little dated now, but, you get the drift.)

Hahaaa...!
OK, that gave me a chuckle. :)
I don't mind the cooler weather, 'cause it'll be 106 again soon enough. :cyclops:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You might appreciate the fact that he was a Meteorologist for the Canadian Government. I'm sure he wasn't correct very often, but, that one sounded true.
Yeah, those Canadians ... they'll say anything to avoid being blamed for the cold weather that drifts (see what I did there :hilarious:) south of the border.

Polar vortex? Not real.
Siberian whatever they're calling it? Not real.

Truth is, we sit up here in igloos, manufacturing cold weather, and then we huff and we puff, and we blow the cold temps your way.

And the more people who quit smoking, the greater our collective lung power, and by golly, we are sending the caca cold all the way down into the deep south.

And you ... are ... welcome!

Goofyernmost

Yeah, those Canadians ... they'll say anything to avoid being blamed for the cold weather that drifts (see what I did there :hilarious:) south of the border.

Polar vortex? Not real.
Siberian whatever they're calling it? Not real.

Truth is, we sit up here in igloos, manufacturing cold weather, and then we huff and we puff, and we blow the cold temps your way.

And the more people who quit smoking, the greater our collective lung power, and by golly, we are sending the caca cold all the way down into the deep south.

And you ... are ... welcome!
You do realize that we do still have the nuclear option don't you. We can melt those igloos in nano-seconds. Mind your manners up there, eh!

donaldtoo

The Prince and Me is a cute movie!

Let's just say I was able to stomach it. ;)
It's cold and we've been lazy all day. :)
After Grease, Dirty Dancing came on.
After that, Jerry Maguire, and I thought I was safe for a coupla' hours. Nope. She surfed to Hallmark and the whole darn Good Witch thing was goin' on, and still is...! :eek:
Yep, my sweet DWifey is sappy enough for the both of us...! ;) :cool:

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Let's just say I was able to stomach it. ;)
It's cold and we've been last all day. :)
After Grease, Dirty Dancing came on.
After that, Jerry Maguire, and I thought I was safe for a coupla' hours. Nope. She surfed to Hallmark and the whole darn Good Witch thing was goin' on, and still is...! :eek:
Yep, my sweet DWifey is sappy enough for the both of us...! ;) :cool:
Sympathy like.
I watched Ocean's Eleven, and it was awesome!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We had a freeze warning here in Tampa Bay last week and it was NOT welcome. Ima not a send you any more oranges!
You live in Tampa? Nice!

Hubby and I used to always stay at the Radisson Suite Resort on Sand Key (now a Marriott).
We plan on doing some condo shopping within the next year or two; in that general area, maybe Tarpon Springs, up as far north as New Port Richey. Be nice to catch some spring training in Dunedin, and be within 1 1/2 - 2 hours of Disney.
We are nowhere near retirement age yet, so there's not a lot of rush ... just a lot of desire.

Goofyernmost

You be nice. Your kids are half-Canadian.
Yea, but they all live down here with me... so I have nothing to lose. It would be quite a stretch to say that they are even half Canadian, they were born down here and there grandmother was originally a U.S. citizen before marrying a England born man and moving to Canada. Iffy, at best. The only one in the family with direct Canadian roots would be my Ex since she was actually born there but became a citizen here before they were born. Nice try at guilt though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom