The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Again with the sympathy like. Seems like they have used a lot of snow days by you. Will the kids even get summer vacation this year? What could be bad is this storm they are now predicting for early Wednesday. Ice is the call right.:(
THNX we're still ok with snow days. They built in extra after the last couple of years. That Wednesday storm better turn out to be a bust because as of now it may be 12+ for us or 8+ and ice!!!!!!!!!!! We only got 6 inches and no ice but it's the slippery slushy refreeze type of carp.

MySmallWorldof4

My goodness. I was happy the Eagles won, but jeez their fans but for some like @SteveBrickNJ, are nuts. They had riots in the streets because they won? I don't understand this behavior. Never have. What would have happened had they lost? I am glad that the Super Bowl wasn't 2 weeks from now when I have to go to Philly. There was one tweet from a Hardees offering free biscuits in the morning, but that if people wanted them they shouldn't burn down their store. Just insane. Maybe the players should have made a plea for their fans to show a little bit of decorum. They sure do give Philly, The City of Brotherly Love, a bad name. What would Ben Franklin think?

SteveBrickNJ

My goodness. I was happy the Eagles won, but jeez their fans but for some like @SteveBrickNJ, are nuts. They had riots in the streets because they won? I don't understand this behavior. Never have. What would have happened had they lost? I am glad that the Super Bowl wasn't 2 weeks from now when I have to go to Philly. There was one tweet from a Hardees offering free biscuits in the morning, but that if people wanted them they shouldn't burn down their store. Just insane. Maybe the players should have made a plea for their fans to show a little bit of decorum. They sure do give Philly, The City of Brotherly Love, a bad name. What would Ben Franklin think?
I am really tired of people searching out stories on Philadelphia fans that do not represent the majority. I have to leave for school in 5 minutes.....but if I had time, I'm sure I could dig up incidents re. fan rowdiness after sports victories in Detroit, or Chicago or Pittsburgh.
Watch the people in the video in my previous post. They are the typical fan......jumping with happiness...high fives.....etc.
I gotto go.
Bye

SteveBrickNJ

Not to get into it, but, I'm sure that Jesus has more things to do then force an Eagles victory.
What poster or what athlete ever used the word "forced"or even implied that victory was "forced"?
Athletes who are Christians like to deflect the praise that is lavished on them and refocus it on the Lord.
They are basically saying: "I did well because the Lord gave me the talent or ability to do so"

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

I am really tired of people searching out stories on Philadelphia fans that do not represent the majority. I have to leave for school in 5 minutes.....but if I had time, I'm sure I could dig up incidents re. fan rowdiness after sports victories in Detroit, or Chicago or Pittsburgh.
Watch the people in the video in my previous post. They are the typical fan......jumping with happiness...high fives.....etc.
I gotto go.
Bye
It doesn't help when all the major news outlets are showing them turn over cars and a van and breaking windows. After the Cavs won their championship the only thing destroyed was a police cruiser which was then donated to a local school's auto body class and they rebuilt it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom