The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's pretty much inevitable.
While I agree most boys at a certain age become human garbage disposals, my boys have taken it to a whole new level. They've been politely told that's all you can eat at an all you can eat buffet, had waiters and chefs ask the question "do you realize how much food that is, maybe you should order just one for your party and split it"(coming from people who's income comes from how much food sold), people on line at the grocery store have asked what type of party are you having, the cashier answers her boys like to eat and consider the annual Nathan's hot dog eating contest a training guide for every day living:bawling::banghead: What really gets me is neither has an extra ounce on their bodies:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Side note my favorite cashier is retiring at the end of the year:(:(:(:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Pretty much, actually.
The older ones of us not so much (although, because there are so many of us...), but, the kiddos, as we all know, can definitely change in a years time. If we're gonna' have them wear name tags, we're all gonna' wear them...even though the younger kiddos don't, generally, have them on for very long...
My inlaws family have one of those giant family reunions every other year, name tags required with how you're related to the "founder" of the family

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Pretty much, actually.
The older ones of us not so much (although, because there are so many of us...), but, the kiddos, as we all know, can definitely change in a years time. If we're gonna' have them wear name tags, we're all gonna' wear them...even though the younger kiddos don't, generally, have them on for very long...

So if people need to wear name tags, that means that you all don't know everyone in the room.

My hypothesis is that perhaps not everyone in that group is a part of the family. I suspect some imposters have slipped in the back door, and put on a name tag with some common name -- and when asked by a family member about what part of the family they belonged to -- they'd say, "Oh, I'm with him!" :p

Songbird76

We actually had a good Sunday. We had to drive 2 hours to Allentown, but there was no traffic so got to the area early. We used to live near there for 3 years so it was nostalgic to be back. The line to get into the arena was long and it was super windy. DH saw a security area around the corner from the main entrance so he decided to check it out and then waved us over. It was an entrance through a restaurant. So we went in and were nice and toasty. Dh's sisters and entourages were there which was nice because they had never seen dd perform. The venue was close enough to them. One brought her DSLR and got some nice shots which was nice since there were no professional photographers. DDs team were champions in their division. Yay! We splurged for dinner. Got sandwiches at Wawa. (A NJ, PA, VA thing). It was 5 and we had dogs to get home to. So 10 minutes with sandwiches in hand we headed home. Not bad though. They had a veggie sandwich which was good. Lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, and hummus on whole grain bread. Dinner for 6 for under $30 so cannot complain. Made it back home in 2 hours to some very needy pups. They were well behaved. No ripped toilet paper anywhere. So all in all a good day.:)
Sounds fun! Is it a big competition then? How exciting that they won their division!

Goofyernmost

Born and raised Catholic. No recent family have been clergy, though.
At one point in my family there were two nuns, one teaching Brother of Christian instruction and one Franciscan Monk .
None of them stayed in the calling. One left more dramatically then the others. It seems that they tend to frown on Pregnant Nuns. All married, had families except one that became a raging alcoholic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom